Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live (2081 Views)

Airtel 4g Goes Live In Some Nigerian Cities – Here’s How To Activate It / Tecno Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Goes Live In Dubai, Official specs discussion / Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Iphone To S7/S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Avatar(m): 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
Samsung has just unveiled its 2016 flagship from the "S" series line, The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The S7 spots a 5.1-inch screen @577ppi, while the S7 Edge spots a 5.5-inch screen @534ppi. Below are the key specs sheet of the S7:

- 4GB of ram
- Micro SD up to 200GB (Yes! Micro SD is back)
- IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5meter and 30 minutes
- 3000mAh battery (Non-Removable)
- 12mp back camera and 5mp front facing camera
- The latest version of the Android OS (Android v6.0 marshmallow)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Always-on display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820

Below are the specs sheet of the S7 Edge:

- 4GB of ram
- Micro SD up to 200GB (Yes! Micro SD is back)
- IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5meter and 30 minutes
- 3600mAh battery (Non-Removable)
- 12mp back camera and 5mp front facing camera
- The latest version of the Android OS (Android v6.0 marshmallow)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Always-on display
- Qualcomm snapdragon 820

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-unveils-next-generation-smartphones-at-the-core-of-its-connected-galaxy-experience

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/21/11077956/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-smartphone-announced-specs-mwc-2016

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by SMARTKOSSY: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Still rocking my s5 LTE Duos...I ll buy s10 when itx out.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by jmichlins(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Please we will see with the current dollar to the local currency how many people can afford it. make them do promo for we to get one since we can not buy one
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Avatar(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by braine(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
jmichlins:
Please we will see with the current dollar to the local currency how many people can afford it. make them do promo for we to get one since we can not buy one
grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
No special feature. These phone manufacturer's are just repping people off. Still not a fan of china phones oooo so all u techno fans tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Acidosis(m): 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Where are the #buynaijatogrownaija crooners??

I hope you folks will rock this naija made phone running on android froyo (2.2) and a 3.2MP Camera, over Samsung galaxy S7?

The world is going faster than we think! Innovation is the order of the day! You cannot grow naija when Mr President cannot rock this wonderful amphibian made in naija jet

#do not grow naija on the lips and fingers while you post with a Korean made phone!

Stop tweeting with IPAD, while we have bryte and opon imo in Osun.

Do not allow the government punish you over nothing! They have access to the dollars and they will afford anything! When they're broke, the poor will pay for it via N50 stamp duty!

Open your eyes Nigerians, do not allow these ballistic hypocrites ruin your lives!
#we cannot grow Naija when they allocate more funds to aso rock than learning institutions.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Acidosis(m): 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
jmichlins:

Of course, the common man cannot afford it! Even S6 edge sells for N190-200k!

This phone is meant for the rich only. It's time to separate the men from the boys. All thanks to the F.G.

Saraki can afford it, Tinubu can afford 1,000 gold plated versions, Buhari can afford 9,000 32GB versions. Aregbesola can afford at least 200 copies.

If you must use a phone, go to Osun state and apply for a naija branded opon imo to grow naija.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by jmichlins(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Acidosis:

Of course, the common man cannot afford it! Even S6 edge sells for N190-200k!

This phone is meant for the rich only. It's time to separate the men from the boys. All thanks to the F.G.

Saraki can afford it, Tinubu can afford 1,000 gold plated versions, Buhari can afford 9,000 32GB versions. Aregbesola can afford at least 200 copies.

If you must use a phone, go to Osun state and apply for a naija branded opon imo to grow naija.
you must be a comedian

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Acidosis(m): 10:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
They want you to grow naija but after about 70 years of "investing" on western education, scholarships, oversea trainings and politics, this is the best we could come up with?

Its 2016 and they are not ready to do anything different from the status quo and they want you to proudly showcase your 'talent' and compete with the likes of South Korea and China?

Why am I angry? I am angry because I need the damn Samsung galaxy S7, but the exchange rate has skyrocketed beyond redemption, whilst some folks telling me to grow a nonexistent naija brand.

We need to hold our leaders accountable. All politicians, dead and alive, must withdraw their wards overseas. No more oversea shoppings and USA deliveries for celebrities, the rich, the average and the common man. No Nigerian politician must use a Samsung or Apple phone! Its either we adopt Opon imo, Bryte or we return to the 'Old Land line' (naija version). If you cannot drive Innoson, treck!

Refuse to suffer alone! Refuse to die for a nonexistent local content! Abacha and Babaginda said same thing and their bank and pit accounts sporadically skyrocketed!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Acidosis(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
oh my! I've just read a review on LG G5!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Goes Live by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 23, 2016
S7 Edge and G5 tho both devices rock. Will decide soon tho

(1) (Reply)

Help Unlock Smile Qualcomm 4G / Nokia 105 RM 1133 flash Help / MTN Xtravalue Tariff Plan Offers You Huge Data Plan And Free Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.