Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

OMG!!! Abuse Of Health Workers By The Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OMG!!! Abuse Of Health Workers By The Government (397 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Iweala’s Latest Jobs Raise Concern Over Abuse Of Office And Conflict Of Interest / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OMG!!! Abuse Of Health Workers By The Government by jagojunior(m): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
A friend of mine (a Nurse) went to apply for a Nursing job in the New Millennium Hospital in Akwa Ibom State (the one built by the then Governor Godswill Akpabio). He was told that the hospital only employs foreign health workers as the management has directed that Nigerian health workers should not be employed, he was later encouraged by the receptionist on duty to just try his luck since he is an Indigene of the State. However, He was told that Nigerians are only recruited for positions such as; receptionist, driver, security and the likes.

Truly, we have been hearing tales about the hospital maintaining such a policy which was confirmed only yesterday by this my friend.
I have sent a tweet to the #commonsense senator to lend a voice against this policy, I have tried to get more information on the legitimacy of this policy in a government facility to no avail.

Pls my dear NL, how can our government discriminate against her own citizens this way? Why should a government that is encouraging us to patronise Naija made ban citizens from working for her but goes behind to import workers? How can a facility built from tax payers money discriminates fragrantly against same tax payers this way? What message is the government passing or trying to pass on the health workers trained in the country OR what is the government trying to say about the education sector of the country as a whole?
We need to unanimously raise our voice against this abuse happening in the New Millennium Hospital and the likes in this country.

Please, tell it to whom it may concern. Shalom!
Nrs. Jago

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Partner Boko Haram – Soyinka / Alleged N676m Job Scam: Court Remands Ex-interior Minister, Moro In Prison / Did Ghana Later Pay Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.