Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,525 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:26 PM

Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( (485 Views)

AGF Declares Senate Election Null And Void, Saraki, Ekweremadu In Fresh Trouble / Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / INEC Forged Saraki’s Senate Election Results - PM News (DOCUMENTS PICTURED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by winningwinner(m): 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
By Romanus Ugwu, ABUJA, Sun Newspaper)

The APC has emphatically denied ever congratulating opposition PDP candidate and winner of last weekend’s Benue South senatorial rerun election, Senator David Mark.

Online media sources were awash with rumours that the party and its representative for the rerun election may be at a crossroads, adding that while the APC candidate, Daniel Onjeh, has rejected and protested the outcome of the election, the party has already congratulated Mark after election commission INEC declared him winner.

However, in a release signed by National Secretary of the party, Mai Mala Buni, APC argued that the so-called ‘congratulatory message’ on a twitter handle purportedly belonging to the party did not come from the party, warning the general public to beware of false messages.

According to the ruling party: “The attention of the National Secretariat of the APC has been drawn to some false online publications reporting that the party has congratulated David Mark, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), candidate in last Saturday’s Benue South senatorial rerun election.

“The APC has not issued any congratulatory message on the Benue South Senatorial rerun election. The ‘congratulatory message’ purportedly obtained from a twitter handle, ‘@APCNigeria’, did not emanate from the party. The purported twitter message itself is not credited to any APC official.

“The general public is advised to ignore the false message. The APC reiterates that only the National Chairman and the National Secretary officially speak for the party.”
Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by ozoigbondu: 11:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sore losers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by winningwinner(m): 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
As if it's wrong to congratulate. I really do not understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by bobbiekrantz: 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
grin

Demonic Party! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by DesChyko: 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
I'd have been surprised.
It's APC.. They don't do PEACE tinz grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by TheFreeOne: 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2016

TheFreeOne:
APC congratulates David Mark whilst Onjeh protests results

That'll be a real change if that tweet is not denied soon cos APC and inconclusive elections are like bread and butter.

Anyway, congratulations to David another John McCain in the making and I hope he gives more dividends of democracy to his people for their support / continued trust in him.
APC is so predictable grin

The party is an amalgamation of strange bedfellows, a typical example of faulty foundational structure bedeviling Nigeria hence their discordant tunes.
Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by talktimi(m): 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
Me gan I was really surprised, I know APC to be a party of broom waving, sadistic witches and wizards who don't like peace and were more prepared to soak even dogs and baboons with human blood than to govern Nigeria. Sanity is strange to people in that party

1 Like

Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by peacengine(m): 12:05am On Feb 22, 2016
Why can't they be civil for once, this is a democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by Xclusivegrin007(m): 12:05am On Feb 22, 2016
I know
Re: Senate Election: APC Denies Congratulating David Mark ( by junnyjake(m): 12:16am On Feb 22, 2016
screw them, they can do whatever they want, no one gives a rat ass about them. he won yes deal with it.
these set of people annoy me. they really think they have what it takes to monopolize Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Education Budget: Senate Uncovers N5bn Shortfall For Meal Subsidyb / Blowing Up Of Gas Installations, Kidnapping, Killings In Nig Scare Investors / When Did Nairaland Start Banning People For Comments They Never Made?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.