Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:08 AM

Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits (22882 Views)

Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank / Speculators Get Burnt As Naira Gains Value / Speculators Get Their Fingers Burnt, Naira Strengthens To N310/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by jpphilips(m): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
yaki84:

its not abt devaluation, all what we want is revalue the naira mista president.
also release dollars, cos d disparity btween the cbn price tag n the open mrkt is too much.
lets forget this lies they r telling us abt depleted foreign reserves n dat bdcs encourages corruption, if our foreign reserve is depleted then our national reserves shud be filled to d brim with naira since dollars is scarce. I know people will understand what am saying, this is it, nigerians go to banks for dollars, u pay n they give u dollar equivalent, ur money is deducted from ur account so both parties aint loosing, the onlyarea affected is that the foreign reserves is depleted but the national reserves is increasing with naira. the duty of cbn is now to source for dollars with the national reserves.
abi d importers dey import for free? dont bank charge denm for dollars they get from banks?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
How did Nigeria end up with so many block heads at a time?

1 Like

Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by repogirl(f): 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
jpphilips:

This is the dumbest analogy I have heard for 2016, Did someone actually pay for this empty education you wield?
Just tell me you are a product of free education, I will understand!!
in that case, explain why exactly CBN stopped supplying forex for importers, students and medicals.

Also explain what happens to the Naira which the importers exchange from the CBN.

I would really love my ofadarice brain to be enlightened.
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by jpphilips(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mboi:

3. PMB and his entourage should put a stop to all these unimportant foreign trips to also increase our forex reserve. It's estimated that each presidential foreing trip cost about $1m.

$1m spent to secure victory against Boko haram and oil price stability is money well spent.
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by urchmanx(m): 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
jpphilips:

Which India? please shut up when humans are talking
Do you regard yourself as a human? You can read up how India improved thier domestic production by putting high import duty on selected imports and stop wasting ur mb insulting people. That you believe in this fuckup administration doesn't mean I have to trust them too. All the same when kids comment we know. You are still been feed by your parents, you didn't understand what making money is. Next time you take your shower before commenting because you are stinks.

1 Like

Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by jpphilips(m): 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
repogirl:
in that case, explain why exactly CBN stopped supplying forex for importers, students and medicals.

Also explain what happens to the Naira which the importers exchange from the CBN.

I would really love my ofadarice brain to be enlightened.

you should have asked this question abinitio so you will save yourself the embarrassment of misinforming your fellow dullards, to believe that an empty skull like you is calling Mr president a Charlatan speaks volume of your persona, A man whose trip to the middle east is the game changer Nigerians have been waiting for close to a year and half? I don't blame you shaa, I blame the community school that was upgraded to a college of Education that gave you admission on scholarship.
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by jpphilips(m): 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
urchmanx:

Do you regard yourself as a human? You can read up how India improved thier domestic production by putting high import duty on selected imports and stop wasting ur mb insulting people. That you believe in this fuckup administration doesn't mean I have to trust them too. All the same when kids comment we know. You are still been feed by your parents, you didn't understand what making money is. Next time you take your shower before commenting because you are stinks.

When your reasoning ability comes close to that of a human, only then will you have choice of trust, for now, just continue existing like repogirl
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by repogirl(f): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
jpphilips:

you should have asked this question abinitio so you will save yourself the embarrassment of misinforming your fellow dullards, to believe that an empty skull like you is calling Mr president a Charlatan speaks volume of your persona, A man whose trip to the middle east is the game changer Nigerians have been waiting for close to a year and half? I don't blame you shaa, I blame the community school that was upgraded to a college of Education that gave you admission on scholarship.
is that the answer to my question? Seriously, is that the answer to what I asked? You are a plain old buffonic fool who is all mouth but not much in the grey matter upstairs.

Answer the question and stop running your diarrhoea infested tongue like the Lassa fever carrying rat that you are. Gosh, your idiocy is appalling!

You can't answer my question but you can insult? You come in here saying I am wrong, I am this and I am that, amd after all your pointless yadda yadda yadda, I see no sensible argument from you on how I am wrong.

I even held my usually sharp tongue in check and politely asked you to debunk my claims but instead of giving a detailed explanation, you come here insulting your stu'pidly dumb numb skull.

I don't even blame you because it's not your fault that you are as uselessly clueless on issues like your dull and senile boss who should be resting his arthritic bones in a home for the aged somewhere. Like attracts like, so I'm not surprised.

Keep fooling yourself and other zombies with lies and propaganda bullshit but like APCs campaign bullshit promises, it won't hold up for long.

What is my even business if his trip to the middle East is changing anything? Is that the reply to the question I asked? And you say I went to community school when simple question and answer, you have failed woefully by digressing from the question, not unlike your brain dead mentor. Even Almijiri education is too good for the numbest skull like your's is.

Get the fvck off if you can't back your claims and stop displaying your foolishness for all to see. Stu'pid retardeen forming ingenuity.

Oh and by the way, the 'dullard' is a term exclusively coined for your mentor and fellow zombies as yourself.

1 Like

Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by repogirl(f): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
jpphilips:

When your reasoning ability comes close to that of a human, only then will you have choice of trust, for now, just continue existing like repogirl
urchmanx, pay no heed to the fool, he has nothing to offer.... At least we exist, lol... He is dust, of no importance, utterly useless and just a bloody nuisance everywhere.
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by urchmanx(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
jpphilips:

So you started jumping up like a kid with tantrum when I asked who is running the government. You have no understanding how government is ran. I will be your friend when I am hailing this govt right! Well let me tell you when the govt gets it right we will commend them. But right now the are getting it all wrong. I have checked all your post. You are only busy insulting people that mention how this govt is not getting it. When it comes to reasoning I guess we are not in the same league. At least I am bringing in a solution and you? You have nothing to offer. Thank God you never disputed the fact that you are being feed by your parents and you need to go get a shower. Thanks for not disputing that fact. Until you make your first pay never mention me. Bye little boy and enjoy your indomie.

1 Like

Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by urchmanx(m): 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
repogirl:
urchmanx, pay no heed to the fool, he has nothing to offer.... At least we exist, lol... He is dust, of no importance, utterly useless and just a bloody nuisance everywhere.
That one! Fools didn't get to me. He is a little boy throwing tantrum when his slave master is mentioned. So we should all keep quiet because someone that doesn't know his left from right is in power. He can't even answer simple question. Na only insult him know. Nonsense. My dear say your mind at least we are entitled to it now before the change the law. That is the worst the can do. Useless set of zombies.

1 Like

Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by Nobody: 2:23am On Feb 26, 2016
erico2k2:

Nigeria is full of greedy beings. They know what to do but bend it for thier selfish interest
Naira Devaluation condition by Sanusi
"The first condition that must exist is that the price of every country’s export is denominated in its currency. If Nigeria’s exports are priced in naira and its imports from the US in dollars then, ceteris paribus, a devaluation of the naira makes imports dearer to Nigerians and makes Nigerian goods cheaper to Americans. This would then lead to an increase in the quantum of exports to the US and a reduction in the quantum of imports from there per unit of time. But while this is a necessary condition, it is not a sufficient one. For a positive change in the balance of payments, the increase in the quantum of exports must be substantial enough to outweigh the revenue lost through a reduction in price. In other words the quantity exported must increase at a rate faster than the rate of decrease in its price. Similarly imports must fall faster than their price is increasing. Otherwise the nation may be devoting more of its wealth to importing less and receiving less of the wealth of foreigners for exporting more! In consequence, devaluation by a country whose exports and imports are not price elastic leads to the continued impoverishment of the nation vis a vis its trading partners. The second, and sufficient, condition is therefore that the combined price elasticity of demand for exports and imports must exceed unity. These two conditions are known in neo-classical international economic theory as the Marshall-Lerner conditions for improvement in a country’s balance of payments through devaluation."
Reference:<http://www.gamji.com/sanusi/sanusi27.htm>
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by Nobody: 2:29am On Feb 26, 2016
repogirl:
see, don't give yourself migraine.

CBN gets forex from our sales of crude mainly, but if you have noticed, there's no profit coming from that angle anymore. Crude prices have dropped drastically.

Meanwhile CBN still has obligations to supply forex to importers. They have to take from the reserves which isn't accruing much these days.... And when it's time to return the money to the reserves, they return less....except that money never goes back to the reserves which is even worse.
Naira Devaluation Condition by sanusi
The first condition that must exist is that the price of every country’s export is denominated in its currency. If Nigeria’s exports are priced in naira and its imports from the US in dollars then, ceteris paribus, a devaluation of the naira makes imports dearer to Nigerians and makes Nigerian goods cheaper to Americans. This would then lead to an increase in the quantum of exports to the US and a reduction in the quantum of imports from there per unit of time. But while this is a necessary condition, it is not a sufficient one. For a positive change in the balance of payments, the increase in the quantum of exports must be substantial enough to outweigh the revenue lost through a reduction in price. In other words the quantity exported must increase at a rate faster than the rate of decrease in its price. Similarly imports must fall faster than their price is increasing. Otherwise the nation may be devoting more of its wealth to importing less and receiving less of the wealth of foreigners for exporting more! In consequence, devaluation by a country whose exports and imports are not price elastic leads to the continued impoverishment of the nation vis a vis its trading partners. The second, and sufficient, condition is therefore that the combined price elasticity of demand for exports and imports must exceed unity. These two conditions are known in neo-classical international economic theory as the Marshall-Lerner conditions for improvement in a country’s balance of payments through devaluation.
Reference: http://www.gamji.com/sanusi/sanusi27.htm
Re: Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits by Bigheart(m): 4:02am On Feb 26, 2016
2016 is already going. what can you buy with 1k?

3litres of fuel?
Airtime?
One day lunch?
A cheap bottle of wine?
Pedicure or Manicure?
250mb Data? .E.t.c .....just for one time use or consumption right?

What if I tell you that 1k can get you, 200k in two weeks and 2m in 4weeks....am talking about facts and figures here, tested and trusted.

Decide for yourself to waste or Use your 1k.
For more information send me a pm on whatsapp 08033641806 or an email : mnusibau@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Online Surveys Here In Nigeria / Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000 / Friend Celebrates A Nigerian Female Graduate Who Is A Yam Seller - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.