Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria (19979 Views)

India And Not Nigeria Is The Worlds Capital Of Open Defecation / Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF / Pregnant Woman Rejected By Cameronian Hospital,Operated By Her Niece In Open Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
There are thing meant for government to regulate, building of toilet is the least thing for govt to engage in, the citizens of those states mentioned are too backward not to build toilet in their houses, even as early as 1965 that my Dad built his house in the village, he ensured that he built a toilet let alone now that we aare in the jet age
Activa:

Who is supposed to regulate that? And punish offenders?

Pls stop comparing washing of clothes to toilet which is is physical planning requirement.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by ladiesperfume(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Last2comment:
Is that not Fayose's state. grin grin grin grin grin grin
it is infact am skln in a uni dere 300l if u wanna rent a house d landlord wl personally deduct 2k frm d rent fee, to buy lylon, omo wetin we dy do here pas cata*pot of envy

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by cynosure489: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Do we turn every single discuss into some political issue? smh..seun seriously bro this poo is not good for the image of nairaland.

to topic. I served in Ekiti and i can tell you 100% this is real.. Even at ado the state capital , you'd just see a grown up woman open up and pee with no shame or the thought that people are passing by. lol.. The people are very simple people though, enjoyed my time there.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
cheesy Ekiti kete

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by ChappyChase: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
segalex:
How did they carry out their study? I've spent over 20 years of my entire life time in ekiti and I'm proud to say this study does not in anyway represents the true picture here in the state.
I cannot remember the last time I saw a house without toilet, yea most of the toilets are pit latrines especially in the small towns but that they don't toilets at all? nothing can be father from truth than this
Wash shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
DikeOha882:
There are thing meant for government to regulate, building of toilet is the least thing for govt to engage in, the citizens of those states mentioned are too backward not to build toilet in their houses, even as early as 1965 that my Dad built his house in the village, he ensured that he built a toilet let alone now that we aare in the jet age

Let's keep it simple.

Are you saying it's no longer the responsibility of the state govt to regulate provision of toilets in dwelling places?
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by dinggle: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
Na sh*t dem dey take grammar cover like this? which one be "Defecation"?....the sh*t must be very hot

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by gentlegenius(m): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
segalex:
How did they carry out their study? I've spent over 20 years of my entire life time in ekiti and I'm proud to say this study does not in anyway represents the true picture here in the state.
I cannot remember the last time I saw a house without toilet, yea most of the toilets are pit latrines especially in the small towns but that they don't toilets at all? nothing can be father from truth than this
Sssshhhhh... Stop the defense. I served in Ekiti state and I know this story is very true. In the community I served(Egbe-Ekiti), there was no toilet in all the houses there, everybody goes to the Bush or defecate on the roads at night. I went to the nearby community to search for accommodation and luckily for me, I was able to get a room in the only compound that has toilet in that community(Imesi-Ekiti).

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
[size=28pt]where is Kayode fayemi? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by loadedmax(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
So we plenty wey serve for Ekiti to comfirm say shit is cheap? I follow comfirm this gist. Where i served, the pigs get plenty 'food'... e surplus no be small undecided

TRUTH? u can not change them overnight, na deeeeeep mentality

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
Common sense will always tell you,when building a house not to leave toilet behind, government never reminded nor told the people of Nenwe my home town to build toilet while building their houses
Activa:

Let's keep it simple.

Are you saying it's no longer the responsibility of the state govt to regulate provision of toilets in dwelling places?
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Yoruba!
Yoruba!!
Yoruba!!!
Torhn adanu naa toorn ka pegere!!!
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
/
The more reason you should stop shaking people's hands. From open defecation, nose picking to a.ss scratching; hand sanitizer can only do so much.

/

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by desire222(f): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
ichukwu48:
I thought they are "sophisticated" people that the entire south Envy's.

Oya if I call an animals now, they'll ban me but no be animals dey do this kind thing na?
So called state with lots of educated people. I laugh in mandarin chinese grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
segalex:

I believe this report 100%. Yes they have toilets (major towns only) but they don't use them. Almost every bush path has faeces decorating them like flowers. The principal of a school at Ikole-Ekiti told me that no true son of Ekiti prefers a modern toilet to defecating in the bush because of the freedom and cool breeze.

Maybe not all...but an average Ekiti man equates open defecation to orgásm cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Udochee(m): 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
spencekat:
I remember my NYSC days at Emure-Ekiti..
my brother no try ikere version ooo...#nysc days too#

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
House, pls who knows how much it costs for someone to buy 30mins time in any local television station?
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Jacko01: 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
The soil der wil be very rich in manure

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by desire222(f): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Youths Adopted State!
Igbo and IPOB ur bane.
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by danot1030: 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
Fayooosee left governance to focus on Buhari and his people turns the whole state to poopoo poopoo!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
Ekiti is the first state I would see open defecation on an expressway. I throway salute for una. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by passey: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
I choose to see things differently in this shitty matter of shit shocked shocked shocked grin angry
This means the policy of Stomach Infrastructure is working with verifiable evidence for all to see including EU, UNICEF etc.
This is the first time in my adult life that I am seeing verifiable results of deliberate "Policy Action" without Dogon Turanci.
On a more serious and objective note, this is a proof, albeit a bad one, that we as Nigerians can achieve verifiable results from deliberate policy actions, if we so want!
Kudos to Fayose for showing us what can be from what should not even be in the first instant!

Chai, first position for open air shitting no be good testimony!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]Shatap!. Ekiti has been bursted. This face-saving ploy,ain't gona work!. Buhahahahahahahahahaha
why willpeople defecate openly when they have toilets. Article is questionable. I am from Ondo state which is neighbouring
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by blackpriest0911: 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
Probably the should defecate on fayose's head
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by mentorandfriend(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Youths Adopted State!
Nne, change. Ikarigo ife a.
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by mulattoclaro(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
Na their trademark na. They're very dirty in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
Udochee:
my brother no try ikere version ooo...#nysc days too#
grin
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by MrImole: 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
These people can lie o...

About water, Ekiti is a state that you can boast of pipe borne water at least twice in a week, thanks to Ero dam.

This result does not belong to us.
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by topearos(m): 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]Shatap!. Ekiti has been bursted. This face-saving ploy,ain't gona work!. Buhahahahahahahahahaha
. Cover ur face dude. I lived in Benue sometimes ago. The rate at which the people there defecate openly calls for global intervention, let alone small Ekiti. #proudly Ekiti. Moreover its a pilot studies.
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by Mrbigman1(m): 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
Scholes007:
Biko Ka Aku anyi ruo ulo. Pls lets join hands and make a sustainable region, make it a duty to bring investment home, no matter how small.
#Aku ruo ulo...
Pls it's should not be this type we a seeing in ekiti o.

That one Is Nsi ruo uno or insi ruo ohi

Lol
Re: Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria by topearos(m): 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
grandstar:
why willpeople defecate openly when they have toilets. Article is questionable. I am from Ondo state which is neighbouring
. This is questionable. Moreover you don't jump into conclusion with a piloted studies results. Its like an hypothesis becoming a law, mbah! Well, the health officers in the state ministry of health want foreign NGO's, federal and state government attention to increase their pulse hence blackmailing the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method / Coronavirus: Nurses In Enugu Protest Over Lack Of Medical Equipment For Work / Passenger Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.