Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. (941 Views)

Do You Believe In Spiritual Death ? / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. by Smartiegurl(f): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2016
Good morning NLander's.

I have a friend who do not believe that their could be spiritual forces fighting against his life and that of his family
According to him, his family has been going through lotta difficulties over the year and the rate of stagnancy is becoming unbearable, as it seems like everything they do seems not to yield any fruit whatsoever.

Now, he gave me an instance.
His elder brother, who is smart, intelligent, and guess what? hardworking and of course a graduate. He also does not believe in such ideas about someone having anything to do with his success in life.
The said brother has been battling over the years for greener pastures and sometime he got a very sweet and nice job in a big company around. And wow! everyone was delighted, alas! the Lord has done it. Well, unfortunately, after a few months, the management wrote a withdrawal letter to most of her employees, because, another company bought them over, and of course he was one of the unlucky ones. Things became bad for them again.
He also gave me instances about his sisters too, which also sounded pathetic.

It then makes me ponder and wonder if God is really there, because if he is, I think is time for him to change their situation for good at least for the sake of their parents who I very well know are strong Christians and believers.

That said, I need an advice for him people, because am yet to him any. Thanks
Re: Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. by johnydon22(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2016
Smartiegurl:
Good morning NLander's.

I have a friend who do not believe that their could be spiritual forces fighting against his life and that of his family
According to him, his family has been going through lotta difficulties over the year and the rate of stagnancy is becoming unbearable, as it seems like everything they do seems not to yield any fruit whatsoever.
If you keep blaming the wrong things for your failures, you will keep doing the wrong things as solutions which will always never cease to fail.

it is a pity that religious beliefs has turned africans into literal simpletons who attribute everything to abstract concepts like demons, devils, witches without taking responsibilities for their own circumstances.

there is nothing holding anybody's progress, they should accept their circumstances as it is and strive to change it through consistent work and perseverance with a lot of patience and not expect sudden magics.

they should quite relying on MOG heaping more mind bounds on them by bathing them in outright absurd superstitions like someone or witches are holding their progress.

Now, he gave me an instance.
His elder brother, who is smart, intelligent, and guess what? hardworking and of course a graduate. He also does not believe in such ideas about someone having anything to do with his success in life.
The said brother has been battling over the years for greener pastures and sometime he got a very sweet and nice job in a big company around. And wow! everyone was delighted, alas! the Lord has done it. Well, unfortunately, after a few months, the management wrote a withdrawal letter to most of her employees, because, another company bought them over, and of course he was one of the unlucky ones. Things became bad for them again.
He also gave me instances about his sisters too, which also sounded pathetic.
It's a good thing his brother doesn't believe such nonsense. with his work withdrawal experiences i am sure what he should do is not far fetched.

Look inwards and do some soul searching, find out those things he does when employed and sieve out the ones unhealthy for a good work ethic or find out the wrong work ethics he must have been exhibiting even without realizing it

It then makes me ponder and wonder if God is really there, because if he is, I think is time for him to change their situation for good at least for the sake of their parents who I very well know are strong Christians and believers.
That said, I need an advice for him people, because am yet to him any. Thanks
If you keep waiting for help to fall from the sky then my brother you are in for a very long wait because you'll be waiting forever.

We are in planet earth, If you don't move that cup, nothing will. it will remains there forever.

First they need to accept and take responsibility for their circumstances and conditions, accept it is their responsibility and theirs only and stop blaming devils for their failures or expecting help from gods.

it is theirs and theirs alone, only then can they ever gain the will power it takes to change it.

My actions and Conditions are mine and mine alone, i do not blame devils for my failures neither do i give any angel or god credit for my achievement.

Fail or succeed, it is what we call LIFE
Re: Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. by Amberon: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
First of all, that family you talked about are not Christians. Anyone who doubt's the existence of "unseen" forces which hinders progress, cause delay, stagnation, and all sorts of evil isnt a christian. This is because the bible clearly acknowledges the presence of wicked forces that roams the earth 24/7 looking for souls to devour.

However, you must also know that sin gives Satan the privilege to attack our finances. When we continue to live in sin, Satan gains legal grounds in our lives.

Solution: your friend needs to Repent of all past and present sins. Have faith and trust in God. Ask God to disconnect him from any chain Satan must've used against him. Then he can go about job hunting, believing that his prayers have been answered.
Re: Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. by Smartiegurl(f): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
Now, am confused.

according to him, they pray and they work quite hard.
Re: Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. by Niflheim(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
@smartiegurl,

These are the answers that you are looking for.......

1. Prayer does not work. I was a member of Mountain of Fire and I used to see so many prayer warriors going through tough times. It is like 'talking to yourself'.

2. There are many factors that can explain why the brother does not have a job, like high unemployment rate, too few jobs available to too many people, lack of family connections in the company. Ask yourself why the Japanese who worship the dead are doing so well? What about Muslims in Dubai?

3.I am sorry to say this to you, but god does not exist!!! This is why little kids get sexually molested in Catholic churches, and why Boko Haram successfully bomb churches.

4.The young man needs to find out what his own talent is,or a business that he can make money from by being a commission agent eg. Property Agent, Diesel Supply. If he has an idea for an invention, then advice him to go to IDEASHUB in Yaba.
Re: Do You Believe In Spiritual Forces My Chum Asked. by Smartiegurl(f): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
Niflheim:
@smartiegurl,

These are the answers that you are looking for.......

1. Prayer does not work. I was a member of Mountain of Fire and I used to see so many prayer warriors going through tough times. It is like 'talking to yourself'.

2. There are many factors that can explain why the brother does not have a job, like high unemployment rate, too few jobs available to too many people, lack of family connections in the company. Ask yourself why the Japanese who worship the dead are doing so well? What about Muslims in Dubai?

3.I am sorry to say this to you, but god does not exist!!! This is why little kids get sexually molested in Catholic churches, and why Boko Haram successfully bomb churches.

4.The young man needs to find out what his own talent is,or a business that he can make money from by being a commission agent eg. Property Agent, Diesel Supply. If he has an idea for an invention, then advice him to go to IDEASHUB in Yaba.
I am shocked really! @Nos 3. This could be a blasphemy.

A close pal once told me... Live your life like thier is God, if at the end there isn't God, u got nothing really to loose, if otherwise, u are however on the right track.

Thanks a lot though.

(1) (Reply)

Relgious Holidays In Nigeria / How Can I Maintain A Good Attitude When I Am Struggling With Hormones? / Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.