Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? (2772 Views)

Can You Translate English To Igbo? Play This Game / What Are Some Of The Weird And Funny Names In Your Language/Dialect? / Say Good Morning In Your Language (2) (3) (4)

Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by ChappyChase: 9:13am On Feb 22, 2016
Yesterday 21 of February was world language day and this got me thinking, how many of us could translate some of these english words to our local dialect:
#) Corruption
#) table
#) pawpaw
#) Tomato
#) biscuits
#) rice
as an igbo boy these are some words I can't get I direct translation for, abeg make nobody come here come improvise I need true translations...
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by kilokeys(m): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2016
Rice is osikapa joor

Paw paw Na popo

Tomatoes Na tomati

Corruption Na aru ala
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by ChappyChase: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2016
kilokeys:
Rice is osikapa joor

Paw paw Na popo

Tomatoes Na tomati

Corruption Na aru ala
Hahahahahhaaha!!!
Brother I be igbo boy and by what I see, na only rice you translate correctly! The rest na wash!
What about biscuit/table?
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by scholes0(m): 9:23am On Feb 22, 2016
Sorry I speak a Language (Yoruba), not a dialect
So that question is not meant for my likes
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by ChappyChase: 9:26am On Feb 22, 2016
scholes0:
Sorry I speak a Language (Yoruba), not a dialect
So that question is not meant for my likes
Oya no vex, I don change/edit the topic, can I get your answer please, and try give me the meaning of tomato..
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by umehmj(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2016
1.rice: osikapa, eresi

2. pawpaw: okwuru

3. corruption: mpu na aru

4. biscuit: achicha bekee

5. table: igbe

translated to igbo language
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by Trixxxy(f): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2016
ChappyChase:
Yesterday 21 of February was world language day and this got me thinking, how many of us could translate some of these english words to our local dialect:
#) Corruption
#) table
#) pawpaw
#) Tomato
#) biscuits
#) rice
as an igbo boy these are some words I can't get I direct translation for, abeg make nobody come here come improvise I need true translations...
Yoruba:
#) Pawpaw = Ibepe
#) Tomato= Tomato
#) Biscuit = Bisikiti
#) Rice = Iresi
#) Table= Tabili
#) Corruption = ??

Most of them are borrowed from English and don't have names of their own..... but we modify them to suit our taste8)

Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by kilokeys(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2016
ChappyChase:

Hahahahahhaaha!!!
Brother I be igbo boy and by what I see, na only rice you translate correctly! The rest na wash!
What about biscuit/table?

Table and chair Na oche

Only table Na oc

My village men no dey chop biscuits.
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by ChappyChase: 9:32am On Feb 22, 2016
Trixxxy:

Yoruba:
#) Pawpaw = Ibepe
#) Tomato= Tomato
#) Biscuit = Bisikiti
#) Rice = Iresi
#) Table= Tabili
#) Corruption = ??

Most of them are borrowed from English and don't have names of their own..... but we modify them to suit our taste8)
You literally didn't give me any of my answers..
You see watin I dey talk!? So nobody fit give me direct meaning to this words?
Lalasticlala can you also translate some of these words to your language? And I won't mind if you can translate the Lalasticlala in your language!
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by ChappyChase: 9:34am On Feb 22, 2016
kilokeys:

Table and chair Na oche
Only table Na oc
My village men no dey chop biscuits.
Oga na lie abeg, chair na him be Oche for igbo, What about rice and pawpaw, abi your village men no dey chop ham?
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by Trixxxy(f): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2016
ChappyChase:

You literally didn't give me any of my answers..
You see watin I dey talk!? So nobody fit give me direct meaning to this words?
Lalasticlala can you also translate some of these words to your language? And I won't mind if you can translate the Lalasticlala in your language!
I told you they're borrowed words!

And pawpaw is Ibepe

That's the best I have to offer mehnembarassed
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by Yuneehk(f): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2016
My fellow igbo people.. Make una answer cos I wan learn too cheesy
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by Jilo83(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2016
Yoruba
rice=iresi(imi ekute)
pawpaw=ibepe
tomato=tumati
corruption =iwa ijekuje
biscuit=Ankara oyinbo (bisiki)
table=tabili

Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by hurrycayne: 12:15pm On May 13, 2018
Etsako, an edoid language

Corruption - ifẹchekẹ.
Table- utebu
Pawpaw - I don forget
Tomato - itomato
Biscuits - ibisikiiti
Rice - ichikafa

ChappyChase:
#) Corruption
#) table
#) pawpaw
#) Tomato
#) biscuits
#) rice
Re: Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? by Bitrusisa(m): 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Meaning of this words in marghi, let all marghi all over the world come and join hand together in the website, marghi translation:

SWORDS
*Gun = bur'ndung
*Bullet = arsasa
*Arrow = masu/ghafu
*Bulletproof = lugu
*Sword = balmi
*knife = kighiya
*cane = mda

The Meaning Of Eriwo Ya / Jewish Rabbinical Court Ruled That Igbos Are Descendants Of Ancient Israelites. / Ooni Of Ife -igbos Are The 1st Human Race That Existed, First To Discover Wealth