Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

"Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri (48720 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Playing Football Amidst Marriage Crash Rumors / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Celebrates Goddess Of Love Osun Without Wife Olori Wuraola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by TheophilusA: 11:29am On Feb 22, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

The 20th Olu of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwole I, ascended the throne in December 2015, following the passage of his elder brother, Ogiame Atuwatse II in September 2015. It is worthy of note that the Itsekiris whose paramount ruler is the Olu of Warri have a strong historical lineage with the Yorubas. The Itsekiris are believed to be the ones who carried the Oduduwa civilization to the Urhobos and the Ijaws in Delta State.

Penultimate week, the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, had listed Yoruba kings in this order: Ooni of Ife(1st); Alaafin of Oyo(2nd) ; Oba of Benin(3rd); Alake of Egbaland(4th) and Awujale of Ijebuland(5th). Only the Palace of Oba of Benin has spoken on this issue that “Ooni of Ife is Oba of Benin’s son, and that they are not in the same class”. The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi in a follow-up statement said “I’m not interested in supremacy battle”.

The Itsekiris however have a different view from the Binis who believe that the Ooni of Ife is the Oba of Benin's son. The Olu of Warri made this subtle affirmation in a 1-page 'thank-you' newspaper message to eminent Nigerians who graced his coronation ceremony. Thanking the royal fathers present and acknowledging the Ooni of Ife as 'leading all kings in attendance', the first-class monarch said: "All Royal fathers present led by His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, who defied all permutations to personally attend the coronation, barely a few days after he himself ascended the ancient throne of our father Oduduwa." Following Ooni of Ife on the list are the Oba's Palace and Benin Traditional Council; the Obi of Onitsha; the Emir of Kano; the Etsu Nupe; and other first-class kings.

http://dawntodusknews.com/ooni-of-ife-ogunwusi-ascended-our-father-oduduwas-throne-olu-of-warri/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by tosyne2much(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2016
I just like this man

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by bedford101(m): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Ogiame' swooo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Flexherbal(m): 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
That was a little Of history , there.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by bokohalal(m): 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
The Oba of Benin did not attend the ceremony.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by YonkijiSappo: 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
The Olu of Warri and his European styled crown always makes me laugh whenever I see it.
On a brighter note, The Federation of the Western Niger must be United at all cost. From Bomadi up to Jebba, All of it!

Our boundary within Nigeria starts at the Kainji lake reserve and Ends at the Nun River..... so all concerned should take note.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by vicadex07(m): 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
how is that relevant to the post
bokohalal:

10 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by MayorofLagos(m): 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
bokohalal:

Why did he not? Did he send a staff to represent him or was he completely absent?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by onuwaje(m): 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Why did he not? Did he send a staff to represent him or was he completely absent?
Oba of benin joined his ancestors in jan 2015..
He was represented by palace chiefs tho

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Issorait
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by sukkot: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
mmkay
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by White007(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
undecided
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by olagamalin(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oh Well ..... That settled on one angle. Let's await another rebuttal from the Bini Council. Perhaps a fresh epistle from Odia Ofeimun. #2016istheYearofWahala

11 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by PlayerMeji: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
A storm is about to brew now with the statement of the Olu of Warri, slings of ancestral history will be flung back and forth between pseudo-historians who use Nairaland to hone their skills!!!

8 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by FisifunKododada: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
cool See Gobe - now the descendants of Oduduwa all over the country are chipping in. I guess the Yorubas were right after all. To be continued.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by julioralph(m): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oga Olu we don hear you...
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by skedemi(m): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
FP chilling
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by CoolSpecs: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Your father ke
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by tunwumi: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
Aifagba fenikan nio jaye ogun... elegbe moni mo beru agba. ...

31 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by englishmart(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
too many stories for bloggers

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Codedrock(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2016

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by tintingz(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
Olu of warri knows they have strong historical linage with the Yoruba's.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by yomalex(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Chai
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by englishmart(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Codedrock:
All the sensible tribes in naija respects the Yoruba's... except for the two arrogant ones; the binis and the.... I.... u know now... help complete am...
I wish your folks around here can prove your assertions in any way possible

7 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Smellingmouth: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
grin cool
bedford101:
Ogiame' swooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by jude33084(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young King. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by bokohalal(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
See Yorubas jubilant. This confirm that they do not know history. The OGIAME is not recorded as Oduduwa's descendant. Anywhere.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
Only the Yorubas that took that drunkard at Benin's palace serious two weeks ago will feel good about this news. His gibberish does not even worth all the attention it generated. Yoruba is a tribe that has produced many 'divergent' tribes in Nigeria and beyond.

Still....

I think Yorubas should not be forming relationship with any tribe. It should be the other way round.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by oluwaahmed: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
But ow can 1 rank d Ooni of ife ova d oba of beni? Is it dt dat oba does not knw his own history? Oduduwa was a son of d oba of beni,he den found his. Way 2 yoruba land & on reachin der he was immediately crowned king, because der was a prophesy dat a king will cme out 4rm a particular locatn thru a bush & thus did oduduwa. His children founded d states of d present yoruba kingdom. So Ooni of ife is a son 2 d oba of beni. Go and read ur history.

26 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by baby124: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
Smellingmouth:
grin cool
Anytime is see your name, I hold my breath

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by sweetgala(m): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
MayorofLagos:

The Oba of Benin is general does not leave his palace, by tradition he has to live and die within the confines if his kingdom. There have been few occasions where the King has left the palace.

It is a serious form of bondage.

On another note I have been trying to find out about what caught my eye when viewing pictures from the new young king in Delta, I saw behind his throne an insignia which has strong corolations with Yoruba and Bini royal heritage and would usually be used to signify the source of the authority of a throne, the King had the "Ida" - sword as is often seen with the Ife kingdom, Bini kingdom and Eko kingdom in particular.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chukwuka Noah-Akaeze Emerges Ubulu-Uku-Delta King / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.