Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

"Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri (48829 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Playing Football Amidst Marriage Crash Rumors / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Celebrates Goddess Of Love Osun Without Wife Olori Wuraola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip:

shocked shocked

You dey plan turn Ife to Somali; war torn spot?

I respect his choice but picking a Bini lady really has me disappointed - the stool won't go back to Giesi not to mention Agbedegbe line in possibly 2 centuries so we won't have to bother over a Bini blooded prince ascending our throne. cool

LOL EFCC chasing an almost 'divine king' around. He should have just gone low profile after ascending the throne; obviously some folks who lost out won't be happy and have probably done their homework this time around considering the first allegation didn't stick.

If he gets convicted and sent to jail, Agbedegbede line may get banned for life like some royal lines.

Lmao.

The missiles won't destroy the land, it'll just annihilate the invaders. grin

Of all the bevy of women out there, he had to go pick a banger with the highest mileage ever. But can you blame him? A lot of Yoruba women can be a pain in the arse and it's better to wa.nk than be around a lot of them. That said, he needs to make a better choice - that woman doesn't deserve to be the queen of Ife. Anyway, his daughter is segzy as fvck - you need to give me a hook up with that chic as the duke of Ijebuland. I need a next Ife chic in my harem. My ex's pops is from Ife and she's like the most loyal friend I've ever had. That girl is special.

EFCC needs to allow it. The king is meant to be a spiritual being. How're you going to throw a spiritual being in jail? - bwahahahaha. grin He just needs to keep a low profile cos the same media that built him up would be the ones to destroy him.

How many ruling houses are in ife?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip

I swear this is ya Ooni's daughter. grin

Dayumm. She's packing - me likey. cool

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 25, 2016
YoruBadGoon:

Lmao.

The missiles won't destroy the land, it'll just annihilate the invaders. grin

Of all the bevy of women out there, he had to go pick a banger with the highest mileage ever. But can you blame him? A lot of Yoruba women can be a pain in the arse and it's better to wa.nk than be around a lot of them. That said, he needs to make a better choice - that woman doesn't deserve to be the queen of Ife. Anyway, his daughter is segzy as fvck - you need to give me a hook up with that chic as the duke of Ijebuland. I need a next Ife chic in my harem. My ex's pops is from Ife and she's like the most loyal friend I've ever had. That girl is special.

EFCC needs to allow it. The king is meant to be a spiritual being. How're you going to throw a spiritual being in jail? - bwahahahaha. grin He just needs to keep a low profile cos the same media that built him up would be the ones to destroy him.

How many ruling houses are in ife?

Highest mileage *dies* cheesy. I hope he didn't do it out of wanting to solidify his peace ambassador status; plus it is better than having him marry someone from the 'You know' group.

Yoruba women can be a pain but they understand his office requires certain things - language and environment makes it easier for them to understand unlike people from lipsrsealed. This king needs to understand by middle of this year the whole flair of his ascension will fade out and he'd have to resign himself to the demands of an Ooni - hopefully his Bini trophy won't have a problem with these demanss.

Bruh, I actually have my eyes out for his daughter too LOL. You can divert your interest to the many chicks from Omisore line grin

Spiritual being behind bars LOL! I hope this doesn't happen.

We have 4 ruling houses. Ideally, it should be one - Lafogido but we have Lafogido standing alone then his offsprings Osinkola and Ogboru. The last one, Giesi was Ogboru's daughter's son (grand child). It is such a mess and even worse about at least 10 'royal' lines per royal house.

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by pasol4real(m): 1:31am On Feb 25, 2016
giantstrides:

They sure don't respect you also, they respect no one. There is no sense in the direction you are driving at.
It is u who made a senseless statement that all tribes respect the yorubas expect for two ( not fulani).
Now the same u is claiming the fulanis respects no one including the yorubas.
Comon,next time pls try n reason before u comment .

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:31am On Feb 25, 2016
YoruBadGoon:
9jacrip

I swear this is ya Ooni's daughter. grin

Dayumm. She's packing - me likey. cool

Looooool!

I looked her up on FB a while back and saw she had disabled the add request button angry.

I wanted to slide in her DMs like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by quickly: 1:31am On Feb 25, 2016
Lenny5k:

He came from Egypt? So how come there is not a Single Egyptian Word in the Yoruba Syllabus, yet there are many similarity between Bini and Yoruba Language? The Oba of Binin who is also a Historian wrote a Book that documented his History with Landmarks as Solid proofs to Collaborate his Heritage... Lots of Learned Yoruba professors and Historians said the Oba's Book is the most accurate from all the different Versions.. As I have always told my Yoruba friend, "so you would rather have your History from The Arabs, than from your fellow Naija" and we laugh and Joke about this... Things to Ponder upon, 1. How easy is it to WALK from Egypt to Nigeria/Ife? 2. How easy is it to WALK from Benin to Ife? ...which makes more sense?. I love the new Ooni and am probably his biggest fan as I was blown away when I watched his interview, a True Progressive and Peace loving person and I think it was very wrong for the Alake to start this Rating Rubbish when he Knew how Sensitive it is... Like starting Trouble for the new Ooni... The Previous Ooni was not Happy with the Oba of Benin when his book came out! There was a lot of Heat between the two Kingdoms, now that the previous Ooni is passed and we have a New one, why on earth would anyone want to start another round of Trouble? Like saying the Oba of Benin does not know his History or wanting the Ooni to deny his Heritage. I saw all the Fight that went down on Facebook couple of weeks ago cos of this and I think it was very Mean of the Alake to start this, cos its a Never ending Story or Saga as both side believe they are right and it will remain so until the end of time. So what purpose can such a Topic serve other than Fight?

Yorubas lived in ancient egypt not the egypt of today full of arabs but anicient egypt full of blacks

U need to do your research ...ppl were walking those days. walk and rest continue. have ppl not walked from lagos to abuja before??

Read precolonial africa

EGYPT /YORUBA
Oni (title of Osiris) Oni (title of the king of Ife)
Wu (rise) Wu (rise)
. Ere (python/ Serpent) Ere (Python / Serpent)
. Horise (a great god) Orisha (a great god)
Sen (group of worshippers) Sin ( to worship)
. Ged (to chant0 Igede (a chant)
. Ta (sell / offer) Ta (sell/offer)
8. Sueg (a fool) Suegbe (a fool)
. On ( living person) One ( living person)
. Kum (a club) Kumo( a club)
. Enru (fear / terrible) Eru (fear / terrible
. Kun / qun (brave man) Ekun (title of a brave man)
14. Odonit (festival) Odun (festival)
15. Ma or mi (to breath) Mi. (to breathe)
17. Adumu (a water god) Adumu (a water god)
18. Khu (to kill) Ku (die)
19. Rekha (knowledge} Larikha (knowledge)
20 Hika (evil) Ika (evil)
21 Mhebi (humble) Mebi, humble to ones family
22 Sata (perfect) Santan (perfect)
23 Unas (lake of fire) Ina (fire)
24 Tan (complete) Tan (complete)
25 Beru (force of emotion) Beru (fear)
26 Em (smell) Emi (smell)
27 Pa (open) Pa (break open)
28 Bi (to become) Bi (to give birth, to become)
29 Hepi (a water god) Ipi (a water god)
30 Sami (water god) Sami (a water god)
31 Osiri (a water god) Oshiri (a water god)
32 Heqet � Re (frog deity) Ekere (the frog)
33 Feh (to go away) Feh (to blow away)
34 Kot (build) Ko (build)
35 Kot (boat) Oko (boat)
36 Omi (water) Omi (water)
37 Ra (time) Ira (time)
39 Budo (dwelling place) Budo (dwelling place)
40 Dudu (black image of Osiris) Dudu (black person)
41 Un (living person) Una (living person)
42 Ra (possess) Ra (possess/buy)
43 Beka (pray/confess) Be or ka (to pray or confess)
44 Po (many) Po (many/cheap)
45 Horuw (head) middle Egyptian Ori (head) (Ijebu)
46 Min (a god) Emin (spirit)
47 Ash (invocation) Ashe (invocation)
48 Aru (mouth) Arun (mouth ) Ilaje
49 Do (river) Odo (river)
50 Do (settlement) Udo (settlement)
51 Shekiri (water god) Shekiri (a water god)
52 Bu (a place) Bu ,a place
53 Khepara (beetle Akpakara (beetle)
54 No (a water god Eno (a water god)
55 Ra -Shu (light after darkness Uran-shu (the light of the moon
56 Run-ka (spirit name) Oruko (name)
57 Deb/dib to pierce Dibi (to pierce)
58 Maat (goddess of justice Mate (goddess of justice)
59 Aru (rise) Ru (rise up)
60 Fa (carry) Fa (pull)
61 Kaf (pluck) Ka (pluck)
62 Bu bi (evil place) Bubi (evil place)
63 In- n (negation In-n (negation)
64 Iset (a water god) Ise (a water god)
65 Shabu (watcher) Ashonbo (watcher)
66 Semati (door keeper) Sema (lock/shut the door)
67 Khenti amenti (big words of Osiris Yenti � yenti (big, very big)
68 Ma (to know) Ma (to know)
69 Bebi, a son of osiris) Ube, a god
70 Tchatcha chief (they examined the death to see if they tricked tsatsa (a game of tricks, gambling )
71 Ren( animal foot) Ren (to walk)
72 Ka (rest) Ka (rest/tired)
73 Mu (water) Mu (drink water)
74 Abi (against) Ubi (against / impediment)
75 Reti (to beseech) Retin (to listen)
76 Hir (praise) Yiri (praise)
77 Ta(spread out) Ta (spread out)
78 Kurud (round) Kurudu (round)
79 Ak � male Ako (male)
80 Se � to create Se (to create)
81 Hoo (rejoice) Yo (rejoice)
82 Kamwr (black) Kuru (extremely black
83 Omitjener (deep water) Omijen (deep water)
84 Nen, the primeval water mother) Nene (mother
85 Ta (land) Ita (land junction)
86 Horiwo (head) Oriwo (head)
87 Ro (talk) Ro (to think)
88 Kurubu (round) Kurubu (deep and round)
89 Penka (divide) Kpen (divide)
90 Ma-su (to mould) Ma or su (to mould)
91 Osa (time) Osa (time)
92 Osa (tide) Osa ( tide)
93 Fare (wrap) Fari (wrap)
94 Kom (complete) Kon (complete)
95 Edjo (cobra) Edjo (cobra)
96 Didi (red fruit) Diden (red)
97 Ba (soul) Oba (king) soul of a people
98 Ke (hill) Oke( hill
99 Anubis (evil deity) Onubi (evil person)
100 Kan (one: Middle Egyptian) Okan one)
101 Nam (water god) Inama (water god)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by quickly: 1:33am On Feb 25, 2016
Lenny5k:

He came from Egypt? So how come there is not a Single Egyptian Word in the Yoruba Syllabus, yet there are many similarity between Bini and Yoruba Language? The Oba of Binin who is also a Historian wrote a Book that documented his History with Landmarks as Solid proofs to Collaborate his Heritage... Lots of Learned Yoruba professors and Historians said the Oba's Book is the most accurate from all the different Versions.. As I have always told my Yoruba friend, "so you would rather have your History from The Arabs, than from your fellow Naija" and we laugh and Joke about this... Things to Ponder upon, 1. How easy is it to WALK from Egypt to Nigeria/Ife? 2. How easy is it to WALK from Benin to Ife? ...which makes more sense?. I love the new Ooni and am probably his biggest fan as I was blown away when I watched his interview, a True Progressive and Peace loving person and I think it was very wrong for the Alake to start this Rating Rubbish when he Knew how Sensitive it is... Like starting Trouble for the new Ooni... The Previous Ooni was not Happy with the Oba of Benin when his book came out! There was a lot of Heat between the two Kingdoms, now that the previous Ooni is passed and we have a New one, why on earth would anyone want to start another round of Trouble? Like saying the Oba of Benin does not know his History or wanting the Ooni to deny his Heritage. I saw all the Fight that went down on Facebook couple of weeks ago cos of this and I think it was very Mean of the Alake to start this, cos its a Never ending Story or Saga as both side believe they are right and it will remain so until the end of time. So what purpose can such a Topic serve other than Fight?

Yorubas lived in ancient egypt not the egypt of today full of arabs but anicient egypt full of blacks

U need to do your research ...ppl were walking those days and horse or donkey dey. walk and rest continue. have ppl not walked from lagos to abuja before??

Read precolonial africa

EGYPT /YORUBA
Oni (title of Osiris) Oni (title of the king of Ife)
Wu (rise) Wu (rise)
. Ere (python/ Serpent) Ere (Python / Serpent)
. Horise (a great god) Orisha (a great god)
Sen (group of worshippers) Sin ( to worship)
. Ged (to chant0 Igede (a chant)
. Ta (sell / offer) Ta (sell/offer)
8. Sueg (a fool) Suegbe (a fool)
. On ( living person) One ( living person)
. Kum (a club) Kumo( a club)
. Enru (fear / terrible) Eru (fear / terrible
. Kun / qun (brave man) Ekun (title of a brave man)
14. Odonit (festival) Odun (festival)
15. Ma or mi (to breath) Mi. (to breathe)
17. Adumu (a water god) Adumu (a water god)
18. Khu (to kill) Ku (die)
19. Rekha (knowledge} Larikha (knowledge)
20 Hika (evil) Ika (evil)
21 Mhebi (humble) Mebi, humble to ones family
22 Sata (perfect) Santan (perfect)
23 Unas (lake of fire) Ina (fire)
24 Tan (complete) Tan (complete)
25 Beru (force of emotion) Beru (fear)
26 Em (smell) Emi (smell)
27 Pa (open) Pa (break open)
28 Bi (to become) Bi (to give birth, to become)
29 Hepi (a water god) Ipi (a water god)
30 Sami (water god) Sami (a water god)
31 Osiri (a water god) Oshiri (a water god)
32 Heqet � Re (frog deity) Ekere (the frog)
33 Feh (to go away) Feh (to blow away)
34 Kot (build) Ko (build)
35 Kot (boat) Oko (boat)
36 Omi (water) Omi (water)
37 Ra (time) Ira (time)
39 Budo (dwelling place) Budo (dwelling place)
40 Dudu (black image of Osiris) Dudu (black person)
41 Un (living person) Una (living person)
42 Ra (possess) Ra (possess/buy)
43 Beka (pray/confess) Be or ka (to pray or confess)
44 Po (many) Po (many/cheap)
45 Horuw (head) middle Egyptian Ori (head) (Ijebu)
46 Min (a god) Emin (spirit)
47 Ash (invocation) Ashe (invocation)
48 Aru (mouth) Arun (mouth ) Ilaje
49 Do (river) Odo (river)
50 Do (settlement) Udo (settlement)
51 Shekiri (water god) Shekiri (a water god)
52 Bu (a place) Bu ,a place
53 Khepara (beetle Akpakara (beetle)
54 No (a water god Eno (a water god)
55 Ra -Shu (light after darkness Uran-shu (the light of the moon
56 Run-ka (spirit name) Oruko (name)
57 Deb/dib to pierce Dibi (to pierce)
58 Maat (goddess of justice Mate (goddess of justice)
59 Aru (rise) Ru (rise up)
60 Fa (carry) Fa (pull)
61 Kaf (pluck) Ka (pluck)
62 Bu bi (evil place) Bubi (evil place)
63 In- n (negation In-n (negation)
64 Iset (a water god) Ise (a water god)
65 Shabu (watcher) Ashonbo (watcher)
66 Semati (door keeper) Sema (lock/shut the door)
67 Khenti amenti (big words of Osiris Yenti � yenti (big, very big)
68 Ma (to know) Ma (to know)
69 Bebi, a son of osiris) Ube, a god
70 Tchatcha chief (they examined the death to see if they tricked tsatsa (a game of tricks, gambling )
71 Ren( animal foot) Ren (to walk)
72 Ka (rest) Ka (rest/tired)
73 Mu (water) Mu (drink water)
74 Abi (against) Ubi (against / impediment)
75 Reti (to beseech) Retin (to listen)
76 Hir (praise) Yiri (praise)
77 Ta(spread out) Ta (spread out)
78 Kurud (round) Kurudu (round)
79 Ak � male Ako (male)
80 Se � to create Se (to create)
81 Hoo (rejoice) Yo (rejoice)
82 Kamwr (black) Kuru (extremely black
83 Omitjener (deep water) Omijen (deep water)
84 Nen, the primeval water mother) Nene (mother
85 Ta (land) Ita (land junction)
86 Horiwo (head) Oriwo (head)
87 Ro (talk) Ro (to think)
88 Kurubu (round) Kurubu (deep and round)
89 Penka (divide) Kpen (divide)
90 Ma-su (to mould) Ma or su (to mould)
91 Osa (time) Osa (time)
92 Osa (tide) Osa ( tide)
93 Fare (wrap) Fari (wrap)
94 Kom (complete) Kon (complete)
95 Edjo (cobra) Edjo (cobra)
96 Didi (red fruit) Diden (red)
97 Ba (soul) Oba (king) soul of a people
98 Ke (hill) Oke( hill
99 Anubis (evil deity) Onubi (evil person)
100 Kan (one: Middle Egyptian) Okan one)
101 Nam (water god) Inama (water god)

http://www.ankhonline.com/ankh_num_16/ankh_16_t_obenga_ancient%20egyptian%20and%20modern%20yoruba.pdf
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by sweetgala(m): 1:33am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip:

Ase to our Ooni living long.

Oshinkola, ihan omo Lafogido - mo ki yin o.

If you're going tobe old or gone by the time Ojaja ba 'gbe ess' then you are actually an 'Uncle' like I previously said tongue.

If we are not going to use the rotation then Giesi has to be scrapped then Oshinkola and Ogboru will merge with Lafogido.

Then we'll have just one house, Lafogido Ruling House.

The many royal houses makes it difficult; Giesi really should be revisited.

Alas that would be impossible, Oshinkola would never want merge with Lafogido given we as a family have had only 4 kings in the history of things while Lafogido have enjoyed a good rotation. The Geisi matter would need to be revisited but alas not in the time of Ojaja II that would be impossible.

Geisi and Ogboru need to be merged to make things simpler, Lafogido and Oshinkola would need to resolve things.

I'm waiting on the next Olojo to see how the King handles himself, that would be the biggest test for him to either refuse to undertake an important ritual at difference with his Christian faith.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip:

Highest mileage *dies* cheesy. I hope he didn't do it out of wanting to solidify his peace ambassador status; plus it is better than having him marry someone from the 'You know' group.

Yoruba women can be a pain but they understand his office requires certain things - language and environment makes it easier for them to understand unlike people from lipsrsealed. This king needs to understand by middle of this year the whole flair of his ascension will fade out and he'd have to resign himself to the demands of an Ooni - hopefully his Bini trophy won't have a problem with these demanss.

Bruh, I actually have my eyes out for his daughter too LOL. You can divert your interest to the many chicks from Omisore line grin

Spiritual being behind bars LOL! I hope this doesn't happen.

We have 4 ruling houses. Ideally, it should be one - Lafogido but we have Lafogido standing alone then his offsprings Osinkola and Ogboru. The last one, Giesi was Ogboru's daughter's son (grand child). It is such a mess and even worse about at least 10 'royal' lines per royal house.

Lmao @ peace ambassador. Peace ambassador doesn't mean driving a banger around when you can easily get yourself a brand new luxury car that's super-comfy. grin Ol'girl's pum must be made of diamond. grin

I ain't feeling these Yoruba women. If I were him, I'd go pick an Afro-Brazilian or Afro-Cuban damsel and show her the proper santeria. grin

I swear folks from ya family tree can date the Ife royal families. So you need to leave her alone and let the Ijebu duke rule over her empire. The conquering Ijebu son. cool

Interesting tho. Which of the ruling houses was Oduduwa from?

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip:

Looooool!

I looked her up on FB a while back and saw she had disabled the add request button angry.

I wanted to slide in her DMs like

What's her full name?

I need to check her FB to see if I can find anyone I know on her friend's list since she lives in Ldn.

If I can find one person, it's a problem. grin
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by quickly: 1:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Lenny5k:

Other examples are:
The word “amon” which means “to conceal” or “concealed” in Ancient Egyptian language, it has the same meaning in Yoruba language. For example: “fi p’amon” means “conceal it” or “regard it as hiding”.
“Wu” which means “rise up” or “swell”
“Omi” signifies water in Yoruba but is used only as an adverb viz. “miri-miri” - “dazzling like water”.).
Most of the Ancient Egyptian principal Gods were well known at one time to the Yorubas. Among them are: Osiris, Isis, Horus, Shu, Thoth, Khpera, Amon, Anu, Khonsu, Knum, Khopri, Hathor, Sakaris, Ra, Seb. Most of them survive in name or attributes, or in both.
“Ra” for instance, survives in name for the majority of the present–day Yoruba people are no longer Sun worshippers. Yet words like “Irawo”, “Ra-ra”, preserve the idea. The literal meaning of “Irawo” (a star) is: that which appears when “Ra” (the sun) has set (“Wo” means set). The Yoruba expression: “Ra-ra” (Not at all, or no-no), is probably an old form of swearing by the sun-God, Ra.
The word “amon” exists in the Yoruba language with the same meaning as it has in the language of the Ancient Egyptians. The God Amon is one of the Gods formally known to the Yoruba. Moreover, the Yoruba word “Mon” (or “Mimon”), which means holy or sacred, is probably derived from the name of the God Amon. Also, “Thoth” was the Ancient Egyptian God of truth or righteousness. If the initial letters ‘th’ become’s ‘t’, and the final ‘th’ is dropped, the word thus become “to” – which in Yoruba means: “right”, “fair”, or “just”.
Other words presumed to derive from Thoth are: “O-ti-to”, truth, or that which belongs to truth. Also the word: “E-to”, rights, fairness or justice.

3 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 25, 2016
sweetgala:

Alas that would be impossible, Oshinkola would never want merge with Lafogido given we as a family have had only 4 kings in the history of things while Lafogido have enjoyed a good rotation. The Geisi matter would need to be revisited but alas not in the time of Ojaja II that would be impossible.

Geisi and Ogboru need to be merged to make things simpler, Lafogido and Oshinkola would need to resolve things.

I'm waiting on the next Olojo to see how the King handles himself, that would be the biggest test for him to either refuse to undertake an important ritual at difference with his Christian faith.

It is funny how offsprings will decide to branch out as different houses from their father grin

Yes, Giesi as a name for a house should be scrapped and as you nicely put it, merged with Ogboru his GrandPa - to think it has its roots in a female line makes me feel some type of way about females being banned from applying to fill the throne during vacancy.

Lafogido is the source of the original two, the question is who are those continuing Lafogido line since his offsprings have branched out? Maybe his other children then why didn't they branch out or why can't Oshinkola and Ogboru fall back under Lafogido? This only makes sense to do.

The lines of each ruling houses are not together per ruling house, rather they are scattered. Erecting ruling line structures using names of past Oonis as the source of their lines makes no sense - around Olopo alone, there are about 3 ogboru lines standing far from each other then another Ogboru at ilare. This Ooni's line is at Moore, Giesi is scattered too - makes me think you can just set up shop and claim a past Ooni - the passing of the last Ooni brought about the renovations of many structures with inscriptions of one ruling line of a house to another; I was like wtf?! My Mum & Dad mentioned lists of ruling lines they know extending to as far as Fajuyi road - very far to the palace.

You lot need to merge up abeg.

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 25, 2016
YoruBadGoon:

What's her full name?

I need to check her FB to see if I can find anyone I know on her friend's list since she lives in Ldn.

If I can find one person, it's a problem. grin

Bro, if you enter the circle please hand her over to an Ife 'prince' from Iranje-Ideta sad

Abeg no customize the babe.

Search: Adeola Ogunwusi

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 25, 2016
Shame on you for being sarcastic about the great king,give respect to kings,God made them so.
bokohalal:

Funny. So, the Ooni does not even have "real" ADA ? And he is the head of Yoruba kings?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 25, 2016
YoruBadGoon:

Lmao @ peace ambassador. Peace ambassador doesn't mean driving a banger around when you can easily get yourself a brand new luxury car that's super-comfy. grin Ol'girl's pum must be made of diamond. grin

I ain't feeling these Yoruba women. If I were him, I'd go pick an Afro-Brazilian or Afro-Cuban damsel and show her the proper santeria. grin

I swear folks from ya family tree can date the Ife royal families. So you need to leave her alone and let the Ijebu duke rule over her empire. The conquering Ijebu son. cool

Interesting tho. Which of the ruling houses was Oduduwa from?

He definitely didn't have someone advising him on his choice of female - you really do have a point about picking an Afro-Cuban/Brazilian, would have made a lot of sense. Maybe the Edo girl fex good?

Lol Duke wants to run his tractor over Ife. Go ahead bro, I am with you 100%.

I would have made Obatala proud 'conquering' Oduduwa's daughter ya know? cool

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by FisifunKododada: 2:15am On Feb 25, 2016
Omeny:

Did they tell you Binis are descendant of Oduduwa?

Did you see Binis as a pple trying to mingle with anything or anybody?

Well, you are still a Child my friend!

cool Abeg who mentioned Binis here? Nobody but you. Read my post again and grow some sense - useless brain.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 25, 2016
sweetgala

In respobse to your brilliant post about the Ooni, Olojo and traditional demands.

The man did about say 80% of what he was supposed to do till coronation - for him to have gone to the forest to dance, sing, chant, eat and drink stuff for the 'ade are' that had been soaked in 'thangs' that gave/give it an awful smell which he wore on his head then he should, by now, know what he signed up for.

He has been initiated into many awos already. You cannot fill certain thrones in Ife if you are not an initiate of a number of awos - this should also help him know Jesus can't save him after coming this far.

However, I saw a video of him commissioning a building and after giving props to Ife deities, he then mentionef Jesus. He also said to he hereby commissioned the place in the name of the father, son $ h.spirit; another wtf moment for me; I said is this an Ooni or an evangelist?

On his website while talking about his Mum he said

'To the Glory of God, Mama’s marriage is blessed with wonderful children and grandchildren- an expanding nation of God’s children. They have been brought up and nurtured in the ways of the Lord Jesus Christ. They are never to look back as their hands have been laid on the ploughs with sincere expression of love, unity of purpose and care for their fellow men. Blessed be the name of the Lord forever and ever, Amen.'

http://www.ooniojajaii.com/about-yeye.html

I know at some point, he will have a conflict with his adopted religion and his throne's religion. A conflict with the Isooro, Modewa, Araba and people of Ife.

2 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by YourNemesis: 2:19am On Feb 25, 2016
iHustle:

Itsekiri royal house are from Benin. The first Olu was prince Ginuwa. Ogiame is a benin word meaning king of the water (river).

Which lends credence to the fact that the original benin word for king is Ogie, not OBA. Ogie (King) + Ame (Water) = Ogiame.
However the real title of the King (Olu) means Lord in Yoruba.

So, Both The Binis who do not call their kings Ogie anymore but rather Oba and the Ijekiris (desendants of the Ijebus) who call their kings Olu are Yoruba cousins.

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 25, 2016
Honestly am really proud to be a yoruba woman o,we are the real Egyptians not the white ones there now,even the names are still used in present day,you will fine many of them bearing Akin,JUMOKE ETC in southern Egypt and they are mostly blacks,not migrants o from naija.
quickly:

Other examples are:
The word “amon” which means “to conceal” or “concealed” in Ancient Egyptian language, it has the same meaning in Yoruba language. For example: “fi p’amon” means “conceal it” or “regard it as hiding”.
“Wu” which means “rise up” or “swell”
“Omi” signifies water in Yoruba but is used only as an adverb viz. “miri-miri” - “dazzling like water”.).
Most of the Ancient Egyptian principal Gods were well known at one time to the Yorubas. Among them are: Osiris, Isis, Horus, Shu, Thoth, Khpera, Amon, Anu, Khonsu, Knum, Khopri, Hathor, Sakaris, Ra, Seb. Most of them survive in name or attributes, or in both.
“Ra” for instance, survives in name for the majority of the present–day Yoruba people are no longer Sun worshippers. Yet words like “Irawo”, “Ra-ra”, preserve the idea. The literal meaning of “Irawo” (a star) is: that which appears when “Ra” (the sun) has set (“Wo” means set). The Yoruba expression: “Ra-ra” (Not at all, or no-no), is probably an old form of swearing by the sun-God, Ra.
The word “amon” exists in the Yoruba language with the same meaning as it has in the language of the Ancient Egyptians. The God Amon is one of the Gods formally known to the Yoruba. Moreover, the Yoruba word “Mon” (or “Mimon”), which means holy or sacred, is probably derived from the name of the God Amon. Also, “Thoth” was the Ancient Egyptian God of truth or righteousness. If the initial letters ‘th’ become’s ‘t’, and the final ‘th’ is dropped, the word thus become “to” – which in Yoruba means: “right”, “fair”, or “just”.
Other words presumed to derive from Thoth are: “O-ti-to”, truth, or that which belongs to truth. Also the word: “E-to”, rights, fairness or justice.

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by FisifunKododada: 2:34am On Feb 25, 2016
sirEAGLES:
Bini empire was greater than ife civilization. Who is ooni compared to Oba of Benin?

cool You have made a grand claim NOW defend it. Otherwise mechionu your mouth there!
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by YourNemesis: 2:35am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip:

Oyo died centuries ago.

What you have now is a 'makeshift' Oyo, so stop it!

Not knowing the difference between the actual Oyo and the present day Oyo is another level of ignorance and not knowing military might is never a yardstick for superiority/greatness is also another level of ignorance entirely and it makes some of us retch.

lol, so true.
The real Oyo-Ile is in Kwara state near the Moshi River, Just south of Bariba territory.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by FisifunKododada: 2:36am On Feb 25, 2016
kennosklint:
Omon leave dem alone,they av no ideas of wat they are sayin.the oba of benin is always d superior.fellas shuld do more research abt it.

Omon leave dem alone,they av no ideas of wat they are sayin.Ghana has a bigger population than Nigeria.fellas shuld do more research abt it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You be swegbe I swear.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by Keketu(m): 3:07am On Feb 25, 2016
Oranmiyan Omoluabi Odede, Great Prince of Ife, King of the Yoruba , also known as Oranmiyan , was a Yoruba king from the kingdom of Ile-Ife [1] and although last born, he was heir to Oduduwa .[2] According to Yoruba history, he founded Oyo as its first Alaafin at around the year 1300 and one of his children, Eweka I, went on to become the first Oba of the Benin Empire. [3] Following the Oba Oranyan's death, his family is fabled to have erected the commemorative stele known as the Staff of Oranmiyan - Opa Oranmiyan in the Yoruba language - at the place where their father died. Radiocarbon tests have however shown that this royal marker was erected centuries before the start of the Oduduwa dynasty, during what is known as the "classical" Ife period.[ i copie it from wikipedia. go check
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by IamAtribalist: 3:07am On Feb 25, 2016
cool While I am not a fan of the Yorubas (or amala eaters as I fondly call them), I believe on this issue, they are absolutely correct. Back in the 90s (during the military era) I went to school (and was friends with) members of the Bini royal family. Every single one of them (4 guys and 3 ladies) told me (casually and without solicitation) that THEY are descendants of Oduduwa of Ife. They made it clear that they share the same blood with the Yorubas of present day Ife. I think what is happening now is pure Nigerian politics. The coming of 'democracy' means that every tribe makes sure that they are not seen as 'inferior' to another. Hence the obstinate refusal by the Bini 'chiefs.' Although, it is interesting for neutral observers like myself that the royal house of Bini itself has not deem it fit to publicly support the position of the Bini 'chief' - who in my opinion is more of a political hack than an actual custodian of Bini history.

I think that most Nigerians are intimidated by the Yoruba race. They seem to always make the correct (aka beneficial to their 'people') decisions throughout Nigeria's history. While I do not think they are to be trusted, I believe that their superior intellect (and wisdom) cannot be overstated. They are clever and are very good at playing the Nigerian game - if you know what I mean. The Olu of Warri seat is an example of Yoruba cleverness - to implant such a royal seat right in the middle of Bini (Urhobo, Isoko) and Ijaw Kingdom. The designation of Lagos (Not Port Harcourt) as Nigeria's MAIN PORT is another unmitigated clever move by those amala boyz. To this day, as Lagos goes so does Nigeria goes. Lagos is not just merely the heartbeat of Yoruba nation, it has become the heartbeat of Nigeria. That is why I hate anyone who wants to break up this country. If the Yorubas leave with Lagos, that puts them light years ahead of every other region in terms of development and access to market and capital.

KEEP NIGERIA ONE. STOP THE ETHNIC FIGHTS. ONE NIGERIA FOR LIFE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT KILL YOURSELF.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by sweetgala(m): 3:11am On Feb 25, 2016
9jacrip:
sweetgala

In respobse to your brilliant post about the Ooni, Olojo and traditional demands.

The man did about say 80% of what he was supposed to do till coronation - for him to have gone to the forest to dance, sing, chant, eat and drink stuff for the 'ade are' that had been soaked in 'thangs' that gave/give it an awful smell which he wore on his head then he should, by now, know what he signed up for.

He has been initiated into many awos already. You cannot fill certain thrones in Ife if you are not an initiate of a number of awos - this should also help him know Jesus can't save him after coming this far.

However, I saw a video of him commissioning a building and after giving props to Ife deities, he then mentionef Jesus. He also said to he hereby commissioned the place in the name of the father, son $ h.spirit; another wtf moment for me; I said is this an Ooni or an evangelist?

On his website while talking about his Mum he said

'To the Glory of God, Mama’s marriage is blessed with wonderful children and grandchildren- an expanding nation of God’s children. They have been brought up and nurtured in the ways of the Lord Jesus Christ. They are never to look back as their hands have been laid on the ploughs with sincere expression of love, unity of purpose and care for their fellow men. Blessed be the name of the Lord forever and ever, Amen.'

http://www.ooniojajaii.com/about-yeye.html

I know at some point, he will have a conflict with his adopted religion and his throne's religion. A conflict with the Isooro, Modewa, Araba and people of Ife.

About the 80% I don't know brother cause, he only did 21 days in Olofi rather than the 90 days as per usual, I've been told a few things to the effect that he may not be comfortable with taking many sacrifices.

He is not the first Ooni to be a Christian, Adesoji never missed church be it midweek or Sunday, maybe we shld not talk it out in public space it's delicate.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by ransomed: 3:44am On Feb 25, 2016
It is only a bastard that would use his left hand to point his father's house. Olu of warri, you are a true son.

5 Likes

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by class0247: 5:51am On Feb 25, 2016
The fact remain that a bini prince was considered God by the Yoruba

IamAtribalist:
cool While I am not a fan of the Yorubas (or amala eaters as I fondly call them), I believe on this issue, they are absolutely correct. Back in the 90s (during the military era) I went to school (and was friends with) members of the Bini royal family. Every single one of them (4 guys and 3 ladies) told me (casually and without solicitation) that THEY are descendants of Oduduwa of Ife. They made it clear that they share the same blood with the Yorubas of present day Ife. I think what is happening now is pure Nigerian politics. The coming of 'democracy' means that every tribe makes sure that they are not seen as 'inferior' to another. Hence the obstinate refusal by the Bini 'chiefs.' Although, it is interesting for neutral observers like myself that the royal house of Bini itself has not deem it fit to publicly support the position of the Bini 'chief' - who in my opinion is more of a political hack than an actual custodian of Bini history.

I think that most Nigerians are intimidated by the Yoruba race. They seem to always make the correct (aka beneficial to their 'people') decisions throughout Nigeria's history. While I do not think they are to be trusted, I believe that their superior intellect (and wisdom) cannot be overstated. They are clever and are very good at playing the Nigerian game - if you know what I mean. The Olu of Warri seat is an example of Yoruba cleverness - to implant such a royal seat right in the middle of Bini (Urhobo, Isoko) and Ijaw Kingdom. The designation of Lagos (Not Port Harcourt) as Nigeria's MAIN PORT is another unmitigated clever move by those amala boyz. To this day, as Lagos goes so does Nigeria goes. Lagos is not just merely the heartbeat of Yoruba nation, it has become the heartbeat of Nigeria. That is why I hate anyone who wants to break up this country. If the Yorubas leave with Lagos, that puts them light years ahead of every other region in terms of development and access to market and capital.

KEEP NIGERIA ONE. STOP THE ETHNIC FIGHTS. ONE NIGERIA FOR LIFE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT KILL YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by kennosklint(m): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:

Omon leave dem alone,they av no ideas of wat they are sayin.Ghana has a bigger population than Nigeria.fellas shuld do more research abt it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You be swegbe I swear.
lolz yawa
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by PenSniper: 7:43am On Feb 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:
cool See Gobe - now the descendants of Oduduwa all over the country are chipping in. I guess the Yorubas were right after all. To be continued.

When a family with an illegitimate child remains peaceful, it remains so because the child has not grown up.
Only a novice of Yoruba history will take the fabricating attempts by the Benin palace chief and Odia Ofeimum to rewrite history serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by PenSniper: 7:49am On Feb 25, 2016
Codedrock:
All the sensible tribes in naija respects the Yoruba's... except for the two arrogant ones; the binis and the.... I.... u know now... help complete am...

Complete am that... "Iya baale laje" ?
Or those with flat 'upstairs' ?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by PenSniper: 7:51am On Feb 25, 2016
Pprovost:
Only the Yorubas that took that drunkard at Benin's palace serious two weeks ago will feel good about this news. His gibberish does not even worth all the attention it generated. Yoruba is a tribe that has produced many 'divergent' tribes in Nigeria and beyond.

Still....

I think Yorubas should not be forming relationship with any tribe. It should be the other way round.

WORD.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri by comos: 7:59am On Feb 25, 2016
ooni should pay homage to his ancestral root, The Oba of Benin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? / Ooni Of Ogunwusi And His Wife, Wuraola In USA. Updates!!! Lots Of Pictures / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.