Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Does Job Sites Really Works? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Job Sites Really Works? (1068 Views)

Top 4 Job Sites To Apply For Jobs In Nigeria In 2017 / Top Job Sites List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Job Sites Really Works? by AirmirthDY(f): 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
A lot of times I have come to think twice before applying for positions online or even submit my data to the so called recruitment agencies site. Majority of the invites that has grace my applications on these sites usually turn out to be all these 'greedy' people that does nothing but extort and take advantage of desperate graduate who are trying hard to secure themselves a 'good' job.
I have heard my friends say "the best way to submit application is by doing it in person" however, my question is does this career sites and the so called recruitment agencies like joberman, career24, 3wjobs etc really works? Do top organization actually make use of them, and why is it that invites one gets from applying for the advertised vacancies on these sites are always 'GNLD' (as nairalanders foundly calls it) related. If the answer to all these questions is NO, then what is the main purpose of creating such career websites when it has mostly done nothing to help the course of unemployment. My recent experience with a position I applied for through www.jiji.com made me come up with this post
Re: Does Job Sites Really Works? by agwunchauc(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
Am Really confused abou it. I dnt trust them again
Re: Does Job Sites Really Works? by Heymus(m): 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
The best of them all is hotnigeriansjobs.com, also linkedin. So forget about jobberman, jiji, olx, jobsrapido etc. They are bunch of sh**t.

3 Likes

Re: Does Job Sites Really Works? by Slimfeez(m): 7:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Try ngcareers.com too and always follow nairaland job sections, thanks
Re: Does Job Sites Really Works? by nayookafor(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2016
hotnigerianjobs .com is the real deal. I've gotten numerous test invites and interviews from the the jobs I saw there. jiji.com is full of shits, gnld site.
Re: Does Job Sites Really Works? by myjobmagofficia: 3:22am On Aug 18, 2018
It depends on the site you are looking at but generally online job boards works. You can check out www.myjobmag.comto check for the latest jobs

(1) (Reply)

Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt / Office Administrator / Pls Help!, A Fresh Graduates Needs A Job/internship Pending Nysc Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.