Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man (561 Views)

Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? / Why Buhari lacks solution to Nigeria’s dwindling economy – Fayose / Worried About Nigeria's Dwindling Influence Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man by sirrinky: 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
Hello house,this may be a little long so forgive me.I just had the time to put thoughts into text during a 7hr flight. With the rate @which the dollar and basically all other currencies are gaining grounds against the Naira is there really any hope for we lowly citizens.I was @service yesterday when I got a message,because my bible was on my device I couldn't resist the urge to check the message and t'was a pictorial comparison of the Euro,Pounds and Dollars to the Naira and heartbroken was exactly how I felt.The financial situation of this country is on a steady nose dive and it seems as though no one knows exactly how to bail us out.State Gov't can't pay staffs,Private firms are downsizing,FG is halting most capital projects,even the much touted anti-corruption crusades and loot retrieval is losing steam due to lack of funds. In all these though,one shocking and amusing phenomenon I'm yet to fully understand is the discrepancies between the CBN Rate and the Parallel rate of exchange.I was stunned to find that the CBN rate was still @190 sth.So my question to everyone,those with financial and economic insights especially is why are there two exchange rates,and who exactly does exchange @the CBN Rate.The CBN said the other day that they weren't responsible for the fixing of prices,if not who is? I'd be back on the streets of Lagos again soon,being stuck in traffic jams and for hours and getting home @ odd hours.My only consolation during those times is Lacasera and Gala,what's going to happen they finally increase the price of gala from N50 and Lacasera from N100? My survival is under threat and I know that of a lot of folks like we.Who's gonna bail us out.How is this aid gonna come.When is this aid gonna come.They say the patient dog eats the fatest bone,but could it really be that it eats d bone because the sharp dogs have eaten all the meat
Re: Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man by DesChyko: 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
I do not know if 'thoughts-during-a-7-hr-flight' relates to the common man.

Re: Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man by sirrinky: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
DesChyko:
I do not know if 'thoughts-during-a-7-hr-flight' relates to the common man.
Re: Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man by chubhiee: 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Egbon, you dey fly Emirates come dey compare yourself with we way dey Aj city dey hustle daily bread. O kare o.

Re: Nigeria's Dwindling Fortunes And The Common Man by sirrinky: 6:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gentlemen that's besides the point now.Why are you attacking the prophet instead of analysing the message

FACTS DON'T LIE (reign Of Error) / Buhari :A Good President Of Not ? - By Tony Ogunlowo / Independent Candidacy Bill Pass First Reading