Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex (8688 Views)

Pile Or Raft Foundation Which Will Be Ideal? / Is It Possible To Estimate The Cost Of Electrical Wiring Of A Duplex / How To Calculate Materials For Concrete In Raft Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by thirdeye(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
Hi everybody! Is long I updated my blog but I have a new post thats is quite informative to you all. Check it out . the topic- How to Calculate Your reinforcements or iron rods when constructing a raft foundation included is images to help you and the cost is also there.

http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2009/07/calculating-reinforcements-or-iron-rods.html
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2009
Good job, 3rd eye. This really helps a lot.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 3:36am On Sep 05, 2009
@thirdeye, I think the reinforcement iron rod come standard as 40 feet length (12.192 meters). So going by this figure, the estimations for the iron rods in this article may need to be adjusted and recalculated.
Also, when you referenced "a trip of sand or gravel" in your articles, does that equate to 5 tons or 10 tons.

Thanks.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 3:39am On Sep 05, 2009
smiley
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 5:12am On Sep 05, 2009
smiley
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 6:18am On Sep 05, 2009
cool
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by thirdeye(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2009
@Ajileko, thanks.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by larez(m): 9:58am On Sep 06, 2009
Says page is suspended. I'd like to talk to you about the Raft foundation for a project that i am working on. Would you be interested? Do you calculate both dead and live weights of materials used for the construction to determine your raft requirement. What about the soil itself? Are your calculations based on the typical sand-fill, and what factors do you use for various types of soils? Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2009
@thirdeye, you did not answer the later part of my question.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by thirdeye(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2009
@ajileko, sorry replies have been entry my spam box,
In Nigeria most iron rods reseller will not even give you a rod as long as 12m so my resolve to use 11m that is the minimum lenght no matter how you're been shortchanged, I wrote something about this on the book you are to download on my site. The calculations aare based on 5 tonnes.
@Larez, thanks for the observation my webhost the problem working on it.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oga Larez have you forgotten I am an architect though I have the idea is better to use a structural Engineer I can getu one. Thanks
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by larez(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
thirdeye:

@Larez, thanks for the observation my webhost the problem working on it.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oga Larez have you forgotten I am an architect though I have the idea is better to use a structural Engineer I can getu one. Thanks

I appreciate that Bro. I'll be in touch with you after my meeting with the "Big Boys" tomorrow or the day after. Thx
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by thirdeye(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
Thanks bro, always at your service.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by ajileko: 12:27am On Sep 11, 2009
@thirdeye
You must quickly fix this hosting/domain issue affecting your website. This has slowed down productivity on my path. Let us know how we can assist.
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by thirdeye(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ajileko, thanks so much for your observations, concern and willingness to help, you see just like every gullible internet entrepreneur newbie I fell for the scam common to webhosting company promising you free domain if you consult them, so when I wanted to open the site I had very limited knowledge on website and its administration so it was easy for me to fall for it, the host has the domain details and all stuffs hence they keep suspending my account at the slightest opportunity.
The day my registration expired the first year, I paid for the renewal on that very day, you know what I was suspended for waiting till the last day before I paid. I had to visit their office before it was restored, they don't give notifications for anything untill you open your site and find out your site was not on infact I discovered this one when I went through this thread. Their server crashed last year for one and half month no apologies, and the pains has continue but I have asked them to point the name to another server that has been done so it should be up before you read this.
Funny enough the webhost is very well knowned in Nigeria.
But plan on the for a permanent solution.
Thanks
Re: How To Estimate Reinforcements Or Iron Rods In Raft Foundation For Your Duplex by cleric(m): 5:17am On Jul 13, 2014
i love ur thread. it is brilliant.

(1) (Reply)

FOR SALE 4bedroom duplex all ensuite with 1room bq@ MAGODO GRA ISHERI C/O,60m / Proudly Made In Nigeria Wooden Security Doors And Single Doors / Another Budget Cctv Installation Done For A Nairalander With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.