Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. (6256 Views)

Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots v2 / Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots / Converting .cdr Files To .jpeg Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by damola1: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2009
I intend to take a screen shot of my desktop, and cut somethings out, how do I do this without reducing the quality.

I intially took it to MS word, edited it, but do not know how to JPEG it. Please advise asap.
Re: Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by lojik(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2009
Since you have office installed, GOT TO

1. Start->Programs->Microsoft office->Microsoft Office Tools->Microsoft Office Picture manager.
2. Take your screenshot with "prnt scrn" key
3. Click Edit menu-> Paste
4. Click to select the picture and go to File Menu-> Export
5. On the export panel on the right hand side, choose your settings (Under "Export with this format", choose jpeg)
6. Click "ok".
Re: Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by lojik(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2009
Since you have office installed, GOT TO

1. Start->Programs->Microsoft office->Microsoft Office Tools->Microsoft Office Picture manager.
2. Take your screenshot with "prnt scrn" key
3. Click Edit menu-> Paste
3b. Use Picture Menu->crop to cut the picture
4. Click to select the picture and go to File Menu-> Export
5. On the export panel on the right hand side, choose your settings (Under "Export with this format", choose jpeg)
6. Click "ok".

You could also do it with powerpoint, corel draw, photoshop e.t.c. it depends on which of them you have installed.
Re: Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 12, 2009
do u have photoshop?

if not, try ms paint, but i hate paint cos it tends to smear ur jpg when u save it.

try installing photoshop.

after installing PS, take the screenshot first,
then go to PS, file > new
it will ask you for the size u wanna make ur canvas, if you have an image on ur clipboard, then it will default to clipboard.
leave it at clipboard and it will open a canvas for you to work

contrl V to paste and there you have it.

you can edit it further by using the marquee tool to select the area you want and crop it, then save as jpeg.
if u wanna use it on the web, try optimizing ur image, by saving it for web
Re: Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by damola1: 8:57am On Jul 12, 2009
Thanks, will try to get photoshop on monday.
Re: Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by DualCore1: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2009
printscreen and paste into Paint.

use eraser tool to remove all the pron video icons on ur desktop, angry
save file as JPEG
tiny pic/imageshack the jpeg file
and u're good to go! grin
Re: Converting Printscreen Shots Into Jpeg. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2009
photoshop, a 400mb - 1gb download just because of screenshots shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

here are links to the screenshot tools i use

screenshotcaptor
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/Screenshot-Captor.shtml

screenparts
http://www.knas.se/knas_ScreenParts.aspx

picpick
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/PicPick.shtml

and if you're using windows vista or 7, it has a bundled utility - snipping tool - just type snip in your startmenu

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Is Not Showing Local Disk D / Sold!!! Sleek 8th Gen Corei7 Dell Inspiron With Anti-glare / Yahoo Messenger Closes When I Click Sign In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.