Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others (1061 Views)

EFCC Detains Babangida Aliyu Over N2b Ecological Fund / EFCC Detains NNPC Officials In Prison Over Fuel Diversion (photos) / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Kyase(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday detained a former Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro, a former Permanent Secretary and a director over N650million immigration recruitment scandal.The three suspects were re-invited by the EFCC ahead of their arraignment in court on Tuesday.The fate of a former Comptroller-General of Nigerian Immigration Service, Mr. David Parradang, was however unknown.About 6.5million applied for 5,000 immigration jobs, but the conduct of the test in March 2014 led to the death of several applicants during stampede in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Minna.Each applicant paid a non-refundable application fee of N1, 000.Although Moro recently blamed the former Immigration boss for the incidents, those loyal to Parradang had earlier traced the tragedy to Moro and his alleged business partners.

http://thenationonlineng.net/immigration-tragedy-efcc-detains-moro-two-others/

Lalasticala, mynd44
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by ademega(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
the dead are still crying for justice. give them what they want so that they could rest in peace
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Kyase(m): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
ademega:
the dead are still crying for justice. give them what they want so that they could rest in peace
The dead don't cry brother.
But Abba Moro must hear am sha
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by seunmsg(m): 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
Finally, justice is about to be served on Abba Moro and his gang of fraudsters who defrauded and killed jobless Nigerian graduates. Great news!

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Kyase(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
seunmsg:
Finally, justice is about to be served on Abba Moro and his gang of fraudsters who defrauded and killed jobless Nigerian graduates. Great news!
Make dem try refund the money first person go need am now wella
grin grin
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by ademega(m): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
Kyase:

I won't belive u until u have either killed or be killed before cheesy
Kyase:

I won't belive u until u have either killed or be killed before
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Kyase(m): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
ademega:

I won't belive u until u have either killed or be killed before cheesy

I won't belive u until u have either killed or be killed before

undecided
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by onyonyo: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Abba moro must be executed.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by baby124: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Make sure they give back the refunds and also confiscate their properties to settle the dead. RIP to the poor students

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by OlujobaSamuel: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
if na only this guy go kuje or kirikiri, I go happy half I swear. I travelled all the way from Lagos to akwa ibom to write this scam, the nonsense young shall grow motor wey carry me first enter calabar before telling me he is not going again that night, that the journey continues the next day when I suppose don drop for abia use my personal money board a quick bus to abak. na God go punish all of una wey scam us then. The dead souls will hunt you till death.
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by seunmsg(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
Kyase:

Make dem try refund the money first person go need am now wella
grin grin

After refunding, they must cool off for a very long time in kuje prison. That's the only way justice can be said to have been served.
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Gbawe: 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
if na only this guy go kuje or kirikiri, I go happy half I swear. I travelled all the way from Lagos to akwa ibom to write this scam, the nonsense young shall grow motor wey carry me first enter calabar before telling me he is not going again that night, that the journey continues the next day when I suppose don drop for abia use my personal money board a quick bus to abak. na God go punish all of una wey scam us then. The dead souls will hunt you till death.

Same here. The excesses of Moro, culminating in the death of many Nigerian youths, is best example of the morally bankrupt and very wicked Government GEJ was running. Moro was not even sacked or probed by GEJ !!!! In fact Moro was so comfortable under GEJ that he was bragging, 7 months after the tragedy, he would not resign or leave his Ministerial position (see below). Moro should be jailed and the keys thrown away. Ditto for GEJ. These guys got away with a lot of wicked and inhuman acts against ordinary and helpless Nigerians.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/169785-immigration-recruitment-tragedy-why-i-wont-resign-abba-moro.html
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Kyase(m): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
seunmsg:

After refunding, they must cool off for a very long time in kuje prison. That's the only way justice can be said to have been served.
Case close
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by OlujobaSamuel: 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gbawe:

Same here. The excesses of Moro, culminating in the death of many Nigerian youths, is best example of the morally bankrupt and very wicked Government GEJ was running. Moro was not even sacked or probed by GEJ !!!! In fact Moro was so comfortable under GEJ that he was bragging, 7 months after the tragedy, he would not resign or leave his Ministerial position (see below). Moro should be jailed and the keys thrown away. Ditto for GEJ. These guys got away with a lot of wicked and inhuman acts against ordinary and helpless Nigerians.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/169785-immigration-recruitment-tragedy-why-i-wont-resign-abba-moro.html
sincerely, it was one of the reasons I use everything I can to campaign against gej. Those that never fell victims knows not what it feels like.
I got to akwaibom around 2am and still woke up very early to go to the test venue. It was a huge risk travelling from calabar to akwaibom at abt 11pm, na one lady angel God sent to me, till date I was unable to reach her through the line she gave me to just appreciate her.
I thank God sha, am doing great today irrespective of those days of scams, from gnld to tasly to federal government to state government, just that they all chop my tfare and data bundle.
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by yemmynoni: 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
EFCC is working wailers are wailing
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by NobleAngell(f): 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
650million naira scandal? Story! I c that man walking out without a scratch. Worse case scenario, he will be asked to pay N600 million for bail. Shikenan!

(1) (Reply)

Stop Blaming Us For Your Failures- PDP Tells APC / Osun APC Begs FG For Fresh Bailout / 10 Common Sense Reason Why I Won't Join The NLC Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.