Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others (488 Views)

EFCC Detains NNPC Officials In Prison Over Fuel Diversion (photos) / Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Okimski(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday detained a former Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro, a former Permanent Secretary and a director over N650million immigration recruitment scandal.
The three suspects were re-invited by the EFCC ahead of their arraignment in court on Tuesday.
The fate of a former Comptroller-General of Nigerian Immigration Service, Mr. David Parradang, was however unknown.
About 6.5million applied for 5,000 immigration jobs, but the conduct of the test in March 2014 led to the death of several applicants during stampede in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Minna.
Each applicant paid a non-refundable application fee of N1, 000.
Although Moro recently blamed the former Immigration boss for the incidents, those loyal to Parradang had earlier traced the tragedy to Moro and his alleged business partners

thenationonlineng.net/immigration-tragedy-efcc-detains-moro-two-others/
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by modath(f): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Been waiting for this news for ages....

The loss of lives shouldn't go unpunished! cool

Compensation didn't fill the hole left behind in the hearts of the dead job seekers relatives.. Justice will however give them a modicum of peace...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by Okimski(m): 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
Na now day break for EFCC? end time arresting
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by seunmsg(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Great news!
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by saintkash(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
I dey wait for my 1000 ooo... I no dash FG
Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by OlujobaSamuel: 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
if na only this guy go kuje or kirikiri, I go happy half I swear. I travelled all the way from Lagos to akwa ibom to write this scam, the nonsense young shall grow motor wey carry me first enter calabar before telling me he is not going again that night, that the journey continues the next day when I suppose don drop for abia use my personal money board a quick bus to abak. na God go punish all of una wey scam us then. The dead souls will hunt you till death.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Tragedy: EFCC Detains Moro, Two Others by braine(m): 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
Good.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Seeks Termination Of TSA Contract With Systemspecs / Saraki: Our Economic Challenges Blessing In Disguise / Dick Enlargement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.