Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC (10658 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Still Under Probe –EFCC / Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 23, 2016
After the reggae, Play the blues.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by Elose11(m): 6:40am On Feb 23, 2016
EFCC has become very political under Magu. Since June last year when Sheriff was invited by the EFCC nothing was done again. Now he has become the PDP chairman, his case is been re open. Buhari and APC are making mockery of our democracy that Yaradua and Jonathan nurtured for many years. If PDP had done what they are using security agencies, especially DSS and EFCC, to do now, APC and Buhari would never have smelt power. History will judge you harshly.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 6:41am On Feb 23, 2016
Sheriff's looted funds was not talked about untill he became the leader of PDP. Lol

For as long as you're not a member of APC, you will be probed.

Criminals should all be investigated and prosecuted irrespective of his party affiliations.

meanwhile, AMAECHI and FASHOLA are Saints because they are APC members...

I LAUGHED IN SWAHILI.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by blackpanda: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2016
anonimi:

....but the godfather of thieves is APC's president and a PRETENTIOUS crook himself, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

Unnecessary noisemaking! This issue is over and dealt with already so go rest.
Statutory allocation is different from dashing money to cronies for no reason.
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by amtaken(f): 6:48am On Feb 23, 2016
You forgot about it when he was sponsoring an APC gubernatorial candidate who's now a Governor but now that it's obvious he's with PDP you remember all his sins.

You are scared because you know it will take a man as ruthless as Buhari to crush him.

EFCC you are so partisan it's not even funny.
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by amtaken(f): 6:50am On Feb 23, 2016
You call selective probing cleaning of the system?

I will like to know which night schools you went to.

Good morning.

GudluckIBB:
E don reD for Pdp

Nowthey sayits witch hunt meanwhile when jona was there, he didn't have the balls to probe Tinubu.

Some body that has the mind has come to clean the system.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 6:55am On Feb 23, 2016
anonimi:

....but the godfather of thieves is APC's president and a PRETENTIOUS crook himself, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198
that is also his plan to make sure nothing is proven against him when he's done
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by tuoyoojo(m): 7:04am On Feb 23, 2016
ok

I agree I do not sanction the new pdp chairman but efcc is now a willing tool in the hands of the govt to silence evri form of opposition

is it true to say everyone in APC is now a saint and none has no case pending in any court

this is bad for our democracy

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2016
Nigerians are heartless N300bn that amount would have transformed borno into a model city........ sad
my heart weeps for our nation
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by senatorbayor(m): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2016
*****. My thoughts

Should the EFCC always announced that someone is under probe or investigation?

Is it not wise for them to do their thorough investigation and other findings before making a pronouncement?

Would it not amount to media trial and intimidation to announce the intent of the intent of the anti corruption agency against whoever is deemed to be investigated.

what image or perception would such announcement give if every intention of the EFCC is always announced but not carried out later in the day.

My opinion.
EFCC shud do their investigations and probes and ensure they got facts to nail their suspect, then invite him or her and charge him to court

Shikena!!!

#kickagainstmediatrial
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by liberty5783(m): 7:37am On Feb 23, 2016
kahal29:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says the new Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff, is still under investigation for alleged corruption.

Sheriff was arrested by the commission in June last year for alleged embezzlement of public funds during his eight years as governor of Borno State but was granted bail.

His government was said to have received over N300bn from the Federation Account between 2003 and 2011, an amount alleged to have been mismanaged by Sheriff.

The ex-governor of Borno State was subsequently detained from June 3 to June 4, 2015 and released on administrative bail without being charged to court.

The EFCC spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, had said at the time, “We can ask him to come back anytime we need him.”

Speaking with our correspondent on Monday during a telephone interview, Uwujaren said, “Sheriff is still under investigation.”

When asked to explain how far the commission had gone in the probe, Uwujaren said, “I cannot disclose the details of the investigations for now but the matter is already in the public domain.”

A reliable source within the anti-graft agency told one of our correspondents that Sheriff’s probe was not a witch-hunt but a normal criminal investigation.

He said, “Criminal matters do not have statutes of limitation. If a crime took place 30 years ago, we can re-open it at any point in time and that is what is happening.”

http://www.punchng.com/sheriff-still-under-n300bn-borno-allocation-probe-efcc/
not a witch hunt agreed bt why una keep silent until now dat he is new PDP chiarman
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by Pidggin(f): 7:46am On Feb 23, 2016
It seems APC view Sherriff as a threat grin Suddenly reviving a case against him from ages, how typical.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by emzila(m): 8:03am On Feb 23, 2016
Flexherbal:
Although, I don't support corruption. But, how come it is now that they want to go after him?
they are not just going after him now, the case has been there. you know journalist will continue to ask questions from different agencies from the moment he became chairman. the EFCC spokes person only respond to one of those questions which I guess is to find out if the case is dead or still alive.
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by emzila(m): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2016
Frankiss44:
This Buhari's dog will set this country on fire.. Why is now he is coming out to tell us? APC sha
he didn't come out to say it, he was interviewed. read through before making comments.
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by ahmadmuazu5(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2016
Is know the point be clear that APC is EFCC
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by billyG(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2016
kahal29:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says the new Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff, is still under investigation for alleged corruption.

Sheriff was arrested by the commission in June last year for alleged embezzlement of public funds during his eight years as governor of Borno State but was granted bail.

His government was said to have received over N300bn from the Federation Account between 2003 and 2011, an amount alleged to have been mismanaged by Sheriff.

The ex-governor of Borno State was subsequently detained from June 3 to June 4, 2015 and released on administrative bail without being charged to court.

The EFCC spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, had said at the time, “We can ask him to come back anytime we need him.”

Speaking with our correspondent on Monday during a telephone interview, Uwujaren said, “Sheriff is still under investigation.”

When asked to explain how far the commission had gone in the probe, Uwujaren said, “I cannot disclose the details of the investigations for now but the matter is already in the public domain.”

A reliable source within the anti-graft agency told one of our correspondents that Sheriff’s probe was not a witch-hunt but a normal criminal investigation.

He said, “Criminal matters do not have statutes of limitation. If a crime took place 30 years ago, we can re-open it at any point in time and that is what is happening.”

http://www.punchng.com/sheriff-still-under-n300bn-borno-allocation-probe-efcc/
by d time effcc finish with these man he & pdp will b ashame of thereselves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by franklingud(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
The way they mention figures these days is so alarming. It's like they just imagine any amount and then mention it... embarassed
But it's real shaa!!! sad chai!

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by rolchi(m): 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
dubemnaija:
Fools

This maku of a guy is soo daft

My brother, it is not Maku oh but M gu...I don't even know the correct spelling...Magu or Mugu.
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by psquaret: 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Flexherbal:
Although, I don't support corruption. But, how come it is now that they want to go after him?

dont teach or tell ppl when to do their JOB
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by jmand(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Good job EFCC, go after him and continue investigation. Change in progress insha-Allah!
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by shegra58: 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
Flexherbal:
that's because their is nobody to go after him in d past because previous administrations embraced corruption especially the regime of 'stealing is not corruption' undecided
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by cardoctor(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
These billions and billions issue. When will it ever end? Everyday welcomes a new stolen billions probe.
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by Jesusloveyou: 5:47pm On May 08, 2016
Flexherbal:
Ali shekau wil answer efcc call on may 20, and pdp wil die that day
Re: Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC by Jesusloveyou: 5:56pm On May 08, 2016
amtaken:
You call selective probing cleaning of the system?

I will like to know which night schools you went to.

Good morning.

so u want efcc to probe millions of pdp criminals without starting from the leaders of the party

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Mall In Abuja And Port Harcourt / APC Women National Conference Records Massive Success / Senator Ita Giwa Caught In The Act (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.