Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff (487 Views)

We Support Sheriff’ State Chairmen Pledge Allegiance To Factional Leader / Ministerial List: Buhari Begs PDP Senators - Vanguard / Save EFCC From Politicians, Fayose Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by metroparrot: 6:01am On Feb 23, 2016
As anger grows in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, over the appointment of Ali Modu Sheriff as National Chairman, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State on Monday called for support from stakeholders.

He said their support was needed for the party to meet its desired goal of taking the mantle of leadership from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

“His (Sheriff’s) emergence at this time is the best thing in the present circumstance and those aggrieved should sheath their sword and deploy their time and resources into fighting the All Progressives Congress (APC) instead of their own party,” Fayose begged.

“It is regrettable that those who abandoned the PDP to its fate when it lost power and did not say a word to defend the party have now found their voice against a decision taken in accordance with the party’s constitution.

“With my antecedents as someone who has always defended the party, I can’t be linked with any decision that will not be in the best interest of the party.

“I therefore call on all my admirers and believers in my dogged fight for the revival of our party to support our new chairman, whom I believe has the required capacity to reposition the party,” he added in a statement released by his media aide, Lere Olayinka.

He described those linking the new chairman with Boko Haram insurgents as mischief makers, asking; “has Ali Modu Sheriff been tried and convicted by any court for sponsoring Boko Haram? Is he even being tried for involvement in Boko Haram activities?

“Even APC Senator Ali Ndume is being tried for allegedly making contacts with the Boko Haram sect 73 times and he is still the Senate Leader.

“Also, Ali Modu Sheriff and their ‘Saint Buhari’ are in-laws courtesy of his (Sheriff) son’s marriage to Buhari’s daughter and no one has called the President a Boko Haram sponsor by association. Or are they also saying President Buhari could have allowed his own daughter to marry the son of Ali Modu Sheriff if he was indeed a Boko Haram sponsor?”

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, had consistently linked Sheriff with Boko Haram while other top chiefs of the party had rejected his emergence.

While describing the emergence of Ali Modu Sheriff as constitutional, Governor Fayose said all stakeholders like the National Working Committee members, governors, senators, House of Representatives members, Board of Trustees members and others took part in the processes that
produced the new chairman.

He said the party could only be repositioned when decisions of the party leaders are respected, calling on those aggrieved with the emergence of the chairman to be mindful of the supremacy of the party over and above other interests.

The governor reminded members and supporters of the PDP that “the party was in a peculiar situation and we need people who can stand up against these devourers of our collective heritage.

“I can say it confidently that Senator Ali Modu Sheriff is such a person and in the collective interest of our party, we should all rally round him.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/fayose-begs-pdp-members-to-support.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by HungerBAD: 6:02am On Feb 23, 2016
“I therefore call on all my admirers and believers in my dogged fight for the revival of our party to support our new chairman, whom I believe has the required capacity to reposition the party,” he added in a statement released by his media aide, Lere Olayinka.

His Admirers?

This Fayose never ceases to make me laugh.

I read somewhere that Fayose and Wike literally handpicked Amodu Sheriff, which itself to me is not a bad idea, since the PDP is dead and is just looking for an Undertaker to pull the Casket into the Grave.

What bothers me though, is for the PDP to rub it on our faces and collective sensibilities by picking the "FOUNDER/SPONSOR" of the Boko Haram, and expect us to be happy as if we are watching my Team Chelsea beat the Arsenal Football Club in the English Premiership.

This is an insult.

Coupled with the misery the PDP has caused every Nigerian, that even makes it a double insult. Ladies and gentlemen, please let us all join our hands together and make sure the PDP is buried once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by benedictnsi(m): 6:06am On Feb 23, 2016
Dem no get choice Na....... Dem go surely support am

Buh dah man Na management oooo cheesy
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by tayebest(m): 6:06am On Feb 23, 2016
PDP say NO to boko haram sympathizer!
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by Siberia101: 6:06am On Feb 23, 2016
The Day PDP nailed it's coffin is by allowing noisemakers like Fayose and Wike to lead the party..

Where are the likes of Prof Ayade of Cross River or Ifeanyi Okowa? These are the real PDP intellectuals
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by Adonis3: 6:07am On Feb 23, 2016
wetin kuku konsign me

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by eleko1: 6:11am On Feb 23, 2016
I support FAYOSE on dis wink cool. Let those disgruntled clowns/thieves suppport /free MODU embarassed wink. He's on special assignment to finally cremate PDP remain embarassed cool
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by VcStunner(m): 6:17am On Feb 23, 2016
Yea well I can't say anything to them now, I mean I don't speak ill of the dead.
But then again, a wounded lion is even more dangerous. So just before we conclude the funeral on social media, let's take some time and think of why it has to be Modu Sheriff at this time! There must be reason
Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by eleko1: 6:18am On Feb 23, 2016
cool cool. FAYOSE is on Point. PDP------------------------->>>> DEN OF KILLER.A renowned miscreant/tout support a renowned terrorist. PDP is Boko Haram,Boko Haram is PDP. May the soul of Azazi RIP.
HungerBAD:

His Admirers?

This Fayose never ceases to make me laugh.

I read somewhere that Fayose and Wike literally handpicked Amodu Sheriff, which itself to me is not a bad idea, since the PDP is dead and is just looking for an Undertaker to pull the Casket into the Grave.

What bothers me though, is for the PDP to rub it on our faces and collective sensibilities by picking the "FOUNDER/SPONSOR" of the Boko Haram, and expect us to be happy as if we are watching my Team Chelsea beat the Arsenal Football Club in the English Premiership.

This is an insult.

Coupled with the misery the PDP has caused every Nigerian, that even makes it a double insult. Ladies and gentlemen, please let us all join our hands together and make sure the PDP is buried once and for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begs PDP Members To Support Sheriff by Mynd44: 6:38am On Feb 23, 2016

(1)

Nigeria Losing Business To Neighbouring Countries Because Of Bad Laws – Dogara / PHOTO: Senator Essien Ayi Of Cross River Sleeping Throughout Budget Presentation / Miss World 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.