Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff (9458 Views)

Gbenga Daniels Meets IBB In His Minna Mansion Over PDP Chairmanship. Photo / PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Dokpesi Launches PDP Chairmanship Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by ELVISHOT: 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has called on stakeholders to support the new National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.

He said Sheriff’s emergence at this time “is the best thing in the presence circumstance and those aggrieved should sheath their sword and deploy their time and resources into fighting the All Progressives Congress (APC) instead of their own party.”

According to his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said; “it is regrettable that those who abandoned the PDP to its fate when it lost power and did not say a word to defend the party have now found their voice against a decision taken in accordance with the party’s constitution.”

The governor who reiterated his commitment to the party, said; “With my antecedent as someone who have always defended the party, I can’t be linked with any decision that will not be in the best interest of the party. I therefore call on all my admirers and believers in my dogged fight for the revival of our party to support our new chairman, whom I believe has the required capacity to reposition the party.”

He described those linking the new chairman to the Boko Haram insurgents as mischief makers, asking; “Has Ali Modu Sheriff been tried and convicted by any court for sponsoring Boko Haram? Is he even being tried for involvement in Boko Haram activities?

“Even APC Senator Ali Ndume is being tried for allegedly making contacts with the Boko Haram sect 73 times and he is still the Senate Leader.

“Also, Ali Modu Sheriff and their ‘Saint Buhari’ are in-laws courtesy of his (Sheriff) son’s marriage to Buhari’s daughter and no one has called the President a Boko Haram sponsor by association. Or are they also saying President Buhari could have allowed his own daughter to marry the son of Ali Modu Sheriff if he was indeed a Boko Haram
sponsor?”

While describing the emergence of Ali Modu Sheriff as constitutional, Governor Fayose said all stakeholders like the National Working Committee members, Governors, Senators, House of Representatives members, BOT members and others took part in the processes that produced the new chairman.

He said the party could only be repositioned when decisions of the party leaders are respected, calling on those aggrieved with the emergence of the chairman to be mindful of the supremacy of the party.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/22/pdp-chairmanship-fayose-calls-on-stakeholders-to-support-modu-sheriff/

cc: lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by EgusiSoup: 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
undecided
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by HungerBAD: 6:39am On Feb 23, 2016
This Fayose never ceases to make me laugh.

I read somewhere that Fayose and Wike literally handpicked Amodu Sheriff, which itself to me is not a bad idea, since the PDP is dead and is just looking for an Undertaker to pull the Casket into the Grave anyway.

What bothers me though, is for the PDP to rub it on our faces and collective sensibilities by picking the "FOUNDER/SPONSOR" of the Boko Haram, and expect us to be happy as if we are watching my Team Chelsea beat the Arsenal Football Club in the English Premiership.

This is an insult.

Coupled with the misery the PDP has caused every Nigerian, that even makes it a double insult. Ladies and gentlemen, please let us all join our hands together and make sure the PDP is buried once and for all.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Sijo01(f): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2016
So Fayoshe is supporting this Boko guy? End time things.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by tuoyoojo(m): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2016
ok
in politics perception is very important.

take it or not the new pdp chairman is not in the good books of many Nigerians

what signal is his emergence covertly giving out?

where the opposition party is even giving pdp a pat on the back for picking him because they are sure he would work for APC, is not something to be taken lightly

most of these guys don't have much to offer. they are just position themselves in vital positions in the party, where they can sink their canines deep into the jugulars of the party and suck it dry

any way, lemme leave politics for politics and enjoy the drama as it unfolds

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by DankemzI(m): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2016
Good talk
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by vickyO(f): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2016
I'm just exhausted with our political scene. Where are our leaders of tomorrow? It's just the same old same old.

They could as well appoint Shekau as the Chairman, it's their bleeping business...

Nigerians youths need to really wake up cause whatever mess these men leave behind would in future be our burden and that of our kids.

PDP and APC.... It is like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2016
Just as difficult as it was to sell GEJ's candidacy, so it would be(near impossible) for Sheriff's. Fayose seems to be the officiating minister for PDP's funeral.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Donsammi(m): 6:47am On Feb 23, 2016
Good wawnin.
If with corruption, 1 dollar was
N180; and now without
corruption, 1 dollar is N400...
Ladies and Gentlemen, you all
will agree with me that we need
corruption in this country.....
# Operation bring back our corruption
#Amdjphilgoodkush

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Futbolpredikts: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2016
Everything Fayose altered was a hit. Back to Back.

Fayose, slayer of APC propaganda
Tormentor of Burukutu sipping Daura Ajala the Traveler
Enemy of the APC zombies
Friend to the common sense senator
#FayoseVP2019

I swear 2019 go badt gan...

I'm futbolpredikts, General secretary Wailers' Association, FCT branch, Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by ril19(m): 6:48am On Feb 23, 2016
Fayose The Real PDP Chairman gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by zakson4real(m): 6:50am On Feb 23, 2016
Next to you FFK. The batle is between FFK and Fayose.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Psalm18: 6:50am On Feb 23, 2016
Interesting that modu sherrif and Buhari are in laws.
That's one fact; even Buhari will be embarassed about. With all the accusations and counter claims his in law is among the brains behind bh

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Cymbal: 6:51am On Feb 23, 2016
Good morning y'll.....
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by espn(m): 6:55am On Feb 23, 2016
And again the lunatic has saaid his usual and expected rubbish agaain!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by amdoyin82(m): 6:55am On Feb 23, 2016
Its really get interesting..
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Teddeebear: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
This Fayose never ceases to make me laugh.

I read somewhere that Fayose and Wike literally handpicked Amodu Sheriff, which itself to me is not a bad idea, since the PDP is dead and is just looking for an Undertaker to pull the Casket into the Grave anyway.

What bothers me though, is for the PDP to rub it on our faces and collective sensibilities by picking the "FOUNDER/SPONSOR" of the Boko Haram, and expect us to be happy as if we are watching my Team Chelsea beat the Arsenal Football Club in the English Premiership.

This is an insult.

Coupled with the misery the PDP has caused every Nigerian, that even makes it a double insult. Ladies and gentlemen, please let us all join our hands together and make sure the PDP is buried once and for all.
hunger is bad, and you are never bothered about Ndume being senate leader.

hypocrisy, go and arrest Sheriff if you have your proof, not media judgment

by the way, did buhari gave her daughter to a boko family go and check the date of that marriage

8 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Segadem(m): 6:57am On Feb 23, 2016
birds of the same...
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Segadem(m): 6:57am On Feb 23, 2016
Cymbal:
Nice talk
huh?
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Teddeebear: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2016
Sijo01:
So Fayoshe is supporting this Boko guy? End time things.
your president gave her daughter to boko family, how about that

Ndume is your senate leader, if you have forgotten.

oya arrest them all cheesy

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by vickyO(f): 7:03am On Feb 23, 2016
Donsammi:
Good wawnin.
N180; and now without
#Amdjphilgoodkush

Corruption is just one of our many problems. It isn't exactly the problem stalling our growth but structures that work.

For example; if you want to rid your house of mosquitoes, you don't spray insecticides everyday when you're yet to drain the stagnant dirty water in your backyard. When your house is clean inside and out, the infestation of mosquitoes would substantially reduce and it'd be very easy for you to control them.

Summary... We need structures that work before we think about corruption. Overhaul the system and see what happens.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by sandraokosun: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2016
Teddeebear:
hunger is bad, and you are never bothered about Ndume being senate leader.

hypocrisy, go and arrest Sheriff if you have your proof, not media judgment

by the way, did buhari gave her daughter to a boko family go and check the date of that marriage
ndume along with saraki were elected by pdp senators to spite apc.
sherif and ndume has been in apc which cant deny anybody its freedom of association.
but for a party to either help forestall or give its leadership to bh glaring sponsor is funny.

the pmb pdp criticises as bh sponsor only due to MISQUOTED statement has never been charged to court by fg like ndume and had never given bh member an official seat in his government under any guise like sherif.

the joke is on pdp as sherif take orders frm sheaku who gave him the first task to pick his member as commissioner

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by jazzboi: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2016
Donsammi:
Good wawnin.
N180; and now without
#Amdjphilgoodkush

You can't even make sense as old as you are.

Do you even know the factors responsible for dollar rise? I bet you dont,coz if you do you won't be spewing thrash on a public forum.

The question Homo-erectus like you should be asking is, How are the other oil producing nations surviving and keeping a good balance of payment amidst drop in oil price to 31dollars.
Maybe you expect the government to keep supporting the naira against the dollar with its external reserve thats already depleted from 63billion dollars to 29billion under your hero GEJ even during periods of high cost of crude oil (130dollars).

And by the time we must have used all we have in our reserve to keep chase with the dollar and it goes empty,maybe then we will put people like you up for sale in exchange for few dollars.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by gretblue: 7:13am On Feb 23, 2016
Donsammi:
Good wawnin.
N180; and now without
#Amdjphilgoodkush
You need to upgrade

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by ademega(m): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2016
hh
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Centurion04: 7:13am On Feb 23, 2016
Oh....almost forgot that was fayose the drunk...cos the fool is always 'farting out words'!
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by sandraokosun: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2016
i wonder when fayose or his cabinet even work, they have now become automatic VOLTRON that is alerted on every fg step and must be on the opposite.

funny how fayosht thinks been in the news as active is to oppose every fg move even when the fg is ignoring u.

is this how we hear of obiano making noise when he hits projects in news.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by jazzboi: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2016
Futbolpredikts:
Everything Fayose altered was a hit. Back to Back.

Fayose, slayer of APC propaganda
Tormentor of Burukutu sipping Daura Ajala the Traveler
Enemy of the APC zombies
Friend to the common sense senator
#FayoseVP2019

I swear 2019 go badt gan...

I'm futbolpredikts, General secretary Wailers' Association, FCT branch, Nigeria
If you believe a man that couldn't win a senatorial seat in his home town could make 2019 'badt gan' as you have said,then you will definitely believe Arsenal will qualify at the expense of Barca.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by iretiland: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2016
The brain and reasoning of a motor tout doesn't change, even he is installed as a state governor with the help of our army and money stolen from our vault at the CBN through the approval of a duns GEJ.

Fayose has an IQ which makes it impossible for him to understand what a decent human society means and that such societies does not pick the likes of his Sherrif friends as chair of a party, except of course, the Poverty Distribution Party (PDP).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Peesion3: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders let us try to be modest at all time in our comments to issues. The editorial team should sanitise. This platform so that contributors will stop using abusive languages to express their opinions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Progressive01(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Wow!!! Is someone reading what I'm reading?? shocked

“... those aggrieved should sheath their sword and deploy their time and resources into fighting the All Progressives Congress (APC) instead of their own party.”
Can we all see why Ekiti is what it is?? Can we now see the essence of Fayose being a governor?? Can we all see that good governance to him is a secondary objective while fighting the APC is his primary responsibility??

I will be saving this quote for I know it will come in handy every once in a while. So glad the blabbermouth has finally revealed his true self.

What a shame.

Cc: Modath, Obiagelli.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff by Futbolpredikts: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2016
jazzboi:

If you believe a man that couldn't win a senatorial seat in his home town could make 2019 'badt gan' as you have said,then you will definitely believe Arsenal will qualify at the expense of Barca.

I was referring to fayose not sheriff...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Speaks At The Climate Change Conference (COP22) 2016 In Morocco / Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners / Jubilation As Lagos Residents Capture Gutter Poopers In Mushin (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.