Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari (1227 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks: Lets Be Careful In Blaming South Africans / Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi "Shut Up" For Blaming Jonathan On Palestinian State / See What Someone Is Blaming President Buhari For(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by hungryboy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Our economy is not looking so good, prices of imported goods are going through the roof, dollar is exchanging for 400 naira plus,
The blame should probably fall on those running our Country right?,
But is it because we have a short memory, or we pretend to forget that what happened in past administrations is affecting us now.

Since the discovery of crude oil, our country has made trillions off dollars of it,
Yet we have nothing tangible to show for it, and even a war torn Iraq has more in foreign reserve($57070 billion) than us .
We discovered oil almost at the same time with Norway, yet today, Norway has a sovereign wealth fund worth $800billion and we only have $1.5billion in our's.
80% or more of our forex earnings come from crude oil, and crude is dead cheap right now, if we had enough saved in our forex reserves, that could have been used to prop up the naira, the same Ogas bashing Buhari, are the same guys who put us in this mess.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by hungryboy(m): 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
The keep saying Buhari, doesn't know jack about running the country, to some even saying Buhari should go and beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala,
If i was Buhari, i'll tell the finance minister to resign and then i'll invite Mrs Iweala to take over from her, on agreement that, she will return the naira back to at least 200 naira per dollar,
I bet my last cup of garri, she won't take up the offer.
Things didn't start being hard in this country today,
If bread too cost,
No drink bread and tea again for breakfast, drink garri and groundnut,
It's a phase, it shall pass, but the ghost of leaders past shall always be with us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by HungerBAD: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is not good.

Hungry boy is above me, i am going back to bed.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by hungryboy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
This is not good.

Hungry boy is above me, i am going back to bed.
this your username dey wan vex me,
For people like me, were hunger na way of life, is an insult to say hunger bad

1 Like

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by hungryboy(m): 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
For all the Buhari bashers and commentators that now blame Buhari even for their watery sperm ,none of them has proffered a solution to the current economic situation, because the have none.
We Africans love situations like this, it's always good to have someone you can blame for your failings, be it Satan or Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by hungryboy(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lalasticlala, Abeg follow carry dis my primary school economic analysis go frontpage nah,

1 Like

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by EasternActivist: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
hungryboy:
For all the Buhari bashers and commentators that now blame Buhari even for their watery sperm ,none of them has proffered a solution to the current economic situation, because the have none.
We Africans love situations like this, it's always good to have someone you can blame for your failings, be it Satan or Buhari

That you can't think of something because of being apc zombified doesn't mean Nigerians don't have geniuses and answer's..

The solution before us is for Nigeria to diversify its economy....
Tell your junketing dullard whats keeping him from implementing polices that can favour diversification of the economy.
Why presenting padded budget that can't add to the diversification of the economy?

Tell buhari also that buying only Nigeria products that are more substandard is not enough to strengthen the naira.
No country has it all.

Also tell buhari that the fall of naira is not because we go for foreign products as even USA also imports.

Tell buhari that the fall of naira is because there is less supply of dollar and diversifying the economy can only strengthen it in a long run because of the dollars inflow, instead of implementing unfavourable policies in defending the naira that has overstayed its usefulness while the consequences is the inflation we are experiencing now.

Go tell your dullard.

1 Like

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by Nijagobeta: 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lol..., op Is right at some point but buhari policy is really not helping matter. May God deliver nija
Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by chubhiee: 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
That moment hungryboy and hungerbad jam. remains angrynigerian to actualize un holy trinity.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by KINGwax007(m): 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
anybody can blame buhari all he likes. anyone can say he doesn't knw how to run the affair of this country...

but keep wailing..

keep importing...

keep relying on others effort...

keep badmouthing your own products...

una never start!

1 Like

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by naijaboy756: 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
hungryboy:
The keep saying Buhari, doesn't know jack about running the country, to some even saying Buhari should go and beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala,
If i was Buhari, i'll tell the finance minister to resign and then i'll invite Mrs Iweala to take over from her, on agreement that, she will return the naira back to at least 200 naira per dollar,
I bet my last cup of garri, she won't take up the offer.
Things didn't start being hard in this country today,
If bread too cost,
No drink bread and tea again for breakfast, drink garri and groundnut,
It's a phase, it shall pass, but the ghost of leaders past shall always be with us
u don chop? Go buy garri drink. Hunger na bad thing. Especially the one induced by this clueless government. Extend offer to Iweala first and let her decide. Ubah has offered to help but pride won't let APC. The fact is, APC is the greatest error in the history of governance in Nigeria. And guess what, they achieved this odd feat in a record breaking time of 9 months

2 Likes

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
EasternActivist:

That you can't think of something because of being apc zombified doesn't mean Nigerians don't have geniuses and answer's..

The solution before us is for Nigeria to diversify its economy....
Tell your junketing dullard whats keeping him from implementing polices that can favour diversification of the economy.
Why presenting padded budget that can't add to the diversification of the economy?

Tell buhari also that buying only Nigeria products that are more substandard is not enough to strengthen the naira.
No country has it all.

Also tell buhari that the fall of naira is not because we go for foreign products as even USA also imports.

Tell buhari that the fall of naira is because there is less supply of dollar and diversifying the economy can only strengthen it in a long run because of the dollars inflow, instead of implementing unfavourable policies in defending the naira that has overstayed its usefulness while the consequences is the inflation we are experiencing now.

Go tell your dullard.
Only a dullard expects the economy to be diversified in 8 months.
Only an empty head does not know that monies that we don't have, and have to source for abroad is needed for diversifying

3 Likes

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by DrayZee: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
hungryboy:
Our economy is not looking so good, prices of imported goods are going through the roof, dollar is exchanging for 400 naira plus,
But is it because we have a short memory, or we pretend to forget that what happened in past administrations is affecting us now.

Since the discovery of crude oil, our country has made trillions of dollars of it,
Yet we have nothing tangible to show for it, and even a war torn Iraq has more in foreign reserve($57070 billion) than us .
We discovered oil almost at the same time with Norway, yet today, Norway has a sovereign wealth fund worth $800billion and we only have $1.5billion in our's.
80% or more of our forex earnings come from crude oil, and crude is dead cheap right now, if we had enough saved in our forex reserves, that could have been used to prop up the naira, the same Ogas bashing Buhari, are the same guys who put us in this mess.
Forget past administrations and leave Buhari to do something!
You sef use your sense! If you keep calling past administrations to protect Buhari, how will the situation be better. If anyone is blaming Buhari for all their misfortunes, that's the person's business.
Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
The bible says that my people perish for lack of knowledge.
It is unfortunate that Nigeria find herself in the current predicaments. I know that an hungry man does not need any explanation, what he needs is food. But is it is important to know and understand how we got to where we are now. It is also important to know why we got into this mess..

Check out the links below..

Falling oil prices: How are countries being affected?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35345874

Canada is an industrialized country, but being an oil exporting country that depends on oil for some of her foreign exchange earnings, the country is also feeling the impacts of the drop in oil price. The loonie has lost about 20 - 30% of its value in the past one year . There is huge job losses going on in the country and unemployment is on the rise. Government is now running deficits.

Wailers know the truth, but because their illegal means of livelihood has been blocked, they have therefore dedicate the rest of their lives to spread lies and misinform the public. I say, waste of time..

Algeria had a savings of almost 160 billion dollars from oil sales when Oil was being sold for circa $100.
What did Jonathan do?
- Jonathan inherited $62 billion dollars in foreign reserve as at 2009, by the time he left office in May 2015, the foreign reserve has dropped to $31.89 billion dollars despite the high oil prices within the period. What did Jonathan do with the money? More than 50% of what Jonathan inherited is gone with nothing to show for it

- Nigeria's foreign and domestic debt stood at $6billion dollars as at May 2009 and six years after, Nigeria's debt profile has increased to $63 billion dollars under Jonathan. A whopping 1000%.

Except if some of the wailers would tell us that Jonathan has removed his dollar printing machine from Aso Rock, there is no way the Naira would remain the same, Nigeria being a mono economic country. This administration is bent on diversifying the economy and give them 2 to 3 years to see the effects.

Buhari knows what he was getting into that is why he said in the interview he granted This day in December 2014 that he pities whoever will be taking over from Jonathan, because Nigeria has been destroyed.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/

All the institutions have been compromised - Buhari, 2014.
December 12, 2014, Presidential Candidate Buhari, granted an interview to This day Newspapers. Below is an excerpt...
Reconcile this with current happenings...

This Day :So can we deal with security without tackling corruption? When you came to power last time, you were known for your fight against corruption. Today, it’s a different kind of fight. In your party, the APC, there are many people accused of corruption, so how do you first put your house in order and then deal with the hydra-headed issue of corruption?

Buhari: I think the priority has to be the other way round, we have to put the country in order first. In attempting to put the country in order, it is going to be a terrible situation for whoever wins and I pity whoever succeeds President Jonathan, even if it were to be myself. But this is what we can do; the practical way to tackle corruption is to draw a line, because institutions have been compromised. We cannot go on the way we did in the military in 1983 to fight corruption. This time around, you cannot do it that way because most of the institutions have been compromised. The person you will depend on as the auditor to go and check the CBN, maybe he has got some substantial part of the deal. These are the facts on the ground. So what you do is to persuade them and tell them to help to amend it. You have drawn a line, part of these are in courts and you cannot interfere with the judiciary, no matter how bad you believe the judiciary is. Constitutionally or otherwise, you have to leave the judiciary, you cannot bring better judges and put them on the job over night. It takes generations. So you have to appeal to their conscience and prove to them that you are serious and that cases in the courts that you are interested in them but let the judiciary continue. Cases that have been struck out, the government will move forward but any case that comes up will be handed over to the judiciary. But to say that you are going to investigate, I am afraid that government will not last a quarter because the institutions have been compromised.

This Day : So there is no capacity to investigate corruption and what you are proposing is to draw a line going forward?

Buhari: Yes, to be honest, the capacity is not there because as I said, institutions have been compromised but if you say I am not going to participate in corruption, I am not going to tolerate it from day one, I hope the people will believe it and those that have cases in court have to give way so that people that have not been caught because God help those caught helping themselves then. We can deal with them. But as I said, you cannot go head on as we did under the military.

This Day: Essentially to understand you sir, so all these governors who are alleged to be corrupt, all these senators and others, you are drawing the line. Is that amnesty for corruption? Don't you think that you are also being a victim of your past, that something you did successfully, that because you were criticized, you are now afraid to do it again?

Buhari : No, I am not afraid. If I was afraid the day they attempted to bomb me, I would not have felt like continuing. But I felt I have done nothing wrong other than telling the truth where I find it serious enough to tell the truth. The important thing is that I mentioned it, you don't have the capacity to catch the big thieves right now, you don't have the capacity. You have to do it gradually because, as I said before, all the institutions have been compromised. Do you know that I said it about 18 months ago, I think it was at a book launch where I said in my own area in Nigeria, people hardly go to the police. If they are cheated or something, once they are alive, they say 'God dey' and they continue with life because they cannot afford justice, they cannot get it. Virtually the whole country has reached that stage
Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by EasternActivist: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli:

Only a dullard expects the economy to be diversified in 8 months.
Only an empty head does not know that monies that we don't have, and have to source for abroad is needed for diversifying

Words from a zombified brain...
Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by meccuno: 12:02am On Feb 24, 2016
EasternActivist:

Words from a zombified brain...
good response grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Join In Blaming President Buhari by Mboi: 12:36am On Feb 24, 2016
hungryboy:

Since the discovery of crude oil, our country has made trillions of dollars of it,
Shey GEJ was Nigerian President from the time oil was discovered in Nigeria till may 2015 that is why Nigerian forex reserve is almost empty. Please let's blame GEJ now!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Obiano's Wife Touching Lives In Anambra State - Touching Photos / The Grazing Bill / Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.