Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate (831 Views)

Exchange Rate As Of Today / Five Oil Exporters Affected By Currency Devaluation Most / What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by otasAigbe123: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
E-commerce’s growth in Nigeria amid a tense economic atmosphere is extremely encouraging, showing there is definitely hope for a brighter, non-oil reliant Nigerian economy. I wonder when Buhari's administration would wake up to its responsibility and come to aid of other sectors before it becomes worse.

How are they able to sustain these affordable prices and keep up with the discounts despite the consistent decline of the Naira? Are they packaging counterfeited products online to sell to Nigerians? How are they able to negotiate with sellers in the market place to make sure they arrive at competitive prices?

For me, I think they are still holding the fort well, but I wonder how long it will take them before they get to that point.

So i was trying to buy a couple of items and I decided to compare prices. I will let my screen shots do the talking This is wat i saw

Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by FreemanDave(m): 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Really ?
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by dunnijayz1: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hmmmm..... it seems Konga is affected more

Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by fashyomi: 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
I hope Federal Government and CBN come up with a lasting solution very fast
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by krisjin(f): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
Fingers crossed! Eating my popcorn.
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by kuti10: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
The sonner will turn to other things like farming, ecommerce and entrepreneurship. The better for everyone.
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by sherifat20: 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
Buhari should be given time. He has barely spent a year. Things would get better.
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by EnterPRO: 1:49am On Feb 24, 2016
dunnijayz1:
Hmmmm..... it seems Konga is affected more

can't see the prices on the Jumia pictures, but you might want to consider the fact that some Jumia merchants are currently complaining about slow updates to prices on their storefronts.
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by honmusa(m): 8:35am On Feb 24, 2016
Don't be deceived by those price ,most of those item prices has not been updated or not even available .
Most sellers on Konga and Jumai have virtually abandoned their wares and don't even border to update the price any longer .Try to place order and u will wait till thy kingdom come for the goods to get to you .Who wan short for this kind economy recession period ?
I also have store on Konga and I know how the thing dey bite.
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by sherifat20: 11:32am On Feb 24, 2016
I own a store on Jumia, sales are okay for now but not very impressive.

honmusa:
Don't be deceived by those price ,most of those item prices has not been updated or not even available .
Most sellers on Konga and Jumai have virtually abandoned their wares and don't even border to update the price any longer .Try to place order and u will wait till thy kingdom come for the goods to get to you .Who wan short for this kind economy recession period ?
I also have store on Konga and I know how the thing dey bite.
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by creamchic11: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
I just got an AC from Jumia for an amazing 65K plus. Something that was selling for over 100K. I think they're doing much better than other ecommerce companies sha
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by lordsday007: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Jumia prices still better anytime any day, the govt should just work on the exchange rate and let this hardship subside
Re: Ecommerce Price Slightly Affected By The Exchange Rate by Geniusinfomer: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
Jumia has always had lower prices on products right from time. I always use pricecheck website to compare prices and know this as a fact.
Beside let me add that you can get free gifts with your Jumia shopping at http:///JUMIAorder-Freegifts when you shop at jumia.

(1) (Reply)

Check OPEC Crude Oil Export Chart For Nigeria. / Produce $ Brand Ur Nylons @ Shikini Money!!! / How To Get Approved For Paylater.ng Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.