Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price (17259 Views)

President Buhari, Saudi Arabia & Qatar: / The Unreliability Of Nigerian Tyrant Buhari Saudi Masters / Nigeria & Saudi-iran Proxy War?; Burundi & The Empire In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by nani212(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2016
Let his actions speak louder than his words
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2016
NobleAngell:
Nawao we are in trouble. The way this man is going about narrating all our problems is becoming worrisome. Nigeria where art thy pride and dignity? We are gradually becoming objects of pity.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by drss(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2016
mbhs139:

You know, sometimes, I just wonder what some citizens stand to gain if this man fail? Perhaps they have forgotten that we, the citizens, will be the ones to go down if he fails. I understand that some of them are still suffering from the defeat of their 'hero', but then, we have to move on.
suffering wetin na una go sufer when buari introduce his long awaited dream - Sharia law.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by drss(m): 8:21am On Feb 24, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
This trip paid off
Now off to iran to do the same

But seriously, how did Buhari pull this off without signing the anti-terrorism coalition
I guess his masters degree in strategic studies really paid off.

And yes, he does have a degree from the USA.
honorary degree no be degree.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by saintneo(m): 8:23am On Feb 24, 2016
[size=20pt]Baba I salute you for the first recognizable real progressive move.
Welcome to the CHESS BOARD.

[/size]

mods lalasticlala Abeg allow my emphasis
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by abnur14(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2016
NobleAngell:
Nawao we are in trouble. The way this man is going about narrating all our problems is becoming worrisome. Nigeria where art thy pride and dignity? We are gradually becoming objects of pity.
it is obviously the best he can do now ..Nigeria is actually the description of pity..we don't have anything compared to before..what he is doing is something no Nigerian president can do which I believe is very courageous..we have to let go of our pride for the main time till Nigeria becomes better than d Nigeria we use to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by AREWA2266: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=DrMeroThaEmperor post=43199456][/quote]where is ur pride and dignity when Jonathan was distributing dollars all over? Nonsense pple like u keep suffering because of ur pride and Ego,instead of u to swallow ur Pride
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by plaetton: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2016
mrmetoo1:
Even though Buhari didn't actually say he'll stabilize world oil prices, here he is actually making that happen with the biggest player in the world. I wonder what some people will have to say about this. I expect to see a lot of "islam/muslim blah blah blah"

It's hard not to make fun of Buhari everyday, with all the comedy of errors emanating from his leadership and pronouncements.

For example, while Buhari is cooling off in the luxurious comforts of a Saudi palace, he has sold the bogey to his zombies that he intends to influence the Saudis to stabilize oil prices.

Of course, he and his propagandists are banking on the fact that Nigerians, especially the APC Nigerians, do not read current events.

Yesterday, for example, while Buhari is cooling off in the luxurious comforts of a Saudi place, the Saudis announced that they are preparing themselves for and can live with $20 per barrel oil.

And then today, Saudi oil minister Al-Naimi just announced moments ago that they are RULING OUT any cuts in supply of oil.

So, we are, once again, forced to ask:
Are Buhari and his advisers that naive to think that they can convince or jawbone the Saudis into an oil cut?

What exactly is the true purpose of Buhari's week long trip to Saudi Arabia, given that we do have an oil minister, Kachikwu, whose job it is to represent Nigeria's oil interests ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by TheAlchemist: 8:32am On Feb 24, 2016
While i am not totally against the trip, but the truth is that every Nation will only implement policy that will be to her benefit. If stabilizing oil price is to the benefit of Saudi Arabia, surely Saudi Arabia government will implement such a policy and if not no matter how much pleading Nigeria does it will not implement such a policy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by revolt(m): 8:37am On Feb 24, 2016
mrmetoo1:
Even though Buhari didn't actually say he'll stabilize world oil prices, here he is actually making that happen with the biggest player in the world. I wonder what some people will have to say about this. I expect to see a lot of "islam/muslim blah blah blah"
so " they resolved to do all their to help oil price" , a simple phone call could get that resolve. Now all tht baffles me is tht a learned fellow does not know tht market forces determine prices ie demand n supply. If u do not know y oil prices are dipping by now then......will he also tell Iran to halt production (they're not an OPEC nation if I'm wrong), lose their profits cos Nigeria is in recession, then wen the prices soar, hell put a gun on obamas head forcing the us to resume buying our oil. Buharis meeting wth the Saudi president is a jamboree from all indication, no FDI inflow from that, no trade agreements, absolutely nothing. In fact the relevant agencies will start discussing what? Oil price. Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by cutekhalifa(m): 8:41am On Feb 24, 2016
grin President Buhari of duara kingdom
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Chukky86: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2016
Islamise Nigeria and i will bring down oil price. Said Saudi king to Buhari.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by espn(m): 8:46am On Feb 24, 2016
NobleAngell:
no brain..no beauty..den u totally bleeped!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by kobonaire(m): 9:06am On Feb 24, 2016
KSA will intentionally keep oil barrel price low (by over producing) for the foreseeable future so that they kill off the competing US shale oil industries.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by goodlifehyd(m): 9:08am On Feb 24, 2016
Chukky86:
Islamise Nigeria and i will bring down oil price. Said Saudi king to Buhari.
to show you are an illiterate, was the price of crude oil low or high before Lots of clueless humans on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by dokgen(m): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2016
Emekamex:
This is just mere rhetorics, Saudi Arabia wont cut down oil production unless the USA, Iran and Russia do likewise, as these are their major competitors in the global market share.

Convincing these four nations to cut down production is almost impossible at this time as Iran and USA will not likely do this. Instead of still focusing on oil, why cant Buhari invest more time and effort in our agricultural and mining sector.

This is the time and our only chance of diversification; Mr President, dont waste this opportunity to get things right.
Thats exactly what my worry is. Unfortunately a lot of Nigerians, are so uneducated to know how the economy works. Buhari should sit at home at revive our STEEL plant. If that plant is working at full capacity, IT alone can feed the whole country for the next 50 years. He is there wasting our money flying around and gullible NIgerians are falling for it. When will we have our pride and think with our heads. Nd be truly independent.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2016
AREWA2266:
where is ur pride and dignity when Jonathan was distributing dollars all over? Nonsense pple like u keep suffering because of ur pride and Ego,instead of u to swallow ur Pride
you quoted the wrong fella son... Stop barking at this tree.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 24, 2016
Money talks...see as that man fresh like say him no the shit
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Gordieshegz(m): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2016
SegunAdewole:
How can presidiot bokoharii join a coalition against terror when he himself is blood terrorist? grin

An attack against boko haram is an attack against the north- Presidiot Mumuhamadu Buhari.

It is hediotic preachers like you that pick a verse in the bible and confuse followers with it...get the full speech, read and digest(that is if you can) before you come here and spit thrash...
I wonder why nature couldnt delay the coming of Adolf Hitler till these days to help the world get rid of some living bodies with dead brains like you....hian!
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by mrmetoo1: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2016
revolt:
so " they resolved to do all their to help oil price" , a simple phone call could get that resolve. Now all tht baffles me is tht a learned fellow does not know tht market forces determine prices ie demand n supply. If u do not know y oil prices are dipping by now then......will he also tell Iran to halt production (they're not an OPEC nation if I'm wrong), lose their profits cos Nigeria is in recession, then wen the prices soar, hell put a gun on obamas head forcing the us to resume buying our oil. Buharis meeting wth the Saudi president is a jamboree from all indication, no FDI inflow from that, no trade agreements, absolutely nothing. In fact the relevant agencies will start discussing what? Oil price. Na wa

All of a sudden we're all experts at things we don't even know or have full details of. You said he should have made a phone call, I'm sorry please what do you do? I run a company and I won't hold an important meeting over the phone especially one that the benefit is higher for me than the other person or when I'm soliciting for a project. Fact of the matter is for right now, we need the stability or rise of this oil price than the Saudis because they still have a buffer. If anything tangible was achieved from this meeting we don't know and what I don't like about meetings like these are information is so vague. No one is giving details and telling us what the plan is to achieve what they agreed on. To end this, my post was actually very light hearted I just wrote it tease the partisan hacks on here. I don't celebrate headlines anymore especially not ones that do not give us any details.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by SegunAdewole: 9:30am On Feb 24, 2016
Gordieshegz:

It is hediotic preachers like you that pick a verse in the bible and confuse followers with it...get the full speech, read and digest(that is if you can) before you come here and spit thrash...
I wonder why nature couldnt delay the coming of Adolf Hitler till these days to help the world get rid of some living bodies with dead brains like you....hian!

e pain you. grin
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by princeattah1: 9:32am On Feb 24, 2016
thundafire:
stabilize oil price hahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha very funny u cnt stabilize common dollar in naija na oil u 1 cs u think say dy whole world go fear u ineffectual,mumu,confused presido
You have shown that you are more confused as you lack knowledge... What do you think is responsible for the dollar instability? Is it not same crash of the oil price that has affected our foreign reserve hence in turn the exchange rate crash . Please search for knowledge first before you come here with your PDS - Public display of Stupidity. Now receive sense and do the needful.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by dokgen(m): 9:33am On Feb 24, 2016
mrmetoo1:

All of a sudden we're all experts at things we don't even know or have full details of. You said he should have made a phone call, I'm sorry please what do you do? I run a company and I won't hold an important meeting over the phone especially one that the benefit is higher for me than the other person or when I'm soliciting for a project. Fact of the matter is for right now, we need the stability or rise of this oil price than the Saudis because they still have a buffer. If anything tangible was achieved from this meeting we don't know and what I don't like about meetings like these are information is so vague. No one is giving details and telling us what the plan is to achieve what they agreed on. To end this, my post was actually very light hearted I just wrote it tease the partisan hacks on here. I don't celebrate headlines anymore especially not ones that do not give us any details.

STOP decieving yourself dude. Your president is wasting the few money in our foreign reserve on fruitless journeys. DIVERSIFICATION is the solution to the Nairas free fall that even a 100 level economic student know. You think Non Africans give a shit about your country. If they cut oil production, and start losing how the hell does that benefit them. Britain wey colonise una sef no care, Na Saudi go care. Besides, there are other guys in the picture, USA, IRAN, RUSSIA. Last i checked none of these countries have anything to benefit from your country, neither do they respect your country so why would they cut oil prodution , because of one country wiht VISIONLESS leaders.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Gordieshegz(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2016
NobleAngell:

Sis, it is called international relations...
president buhari is quite taking the necessary steps..
-we keep it to yourself, we die silently-then our economy will be washed up like that of Greece and then no resuscitating measures will add up favorably...now is the time

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by dokgen(m): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2016
princeattah1:

You have shown that you are more confused as you lack knowledge... What do you think is responsible for the dollar instability? Is it not same crash of the oil price that has affected our foreign reserve hence in turn the exchange rate crash . Please search for knowledge first before you come here with your PDS - Public display of Stupidity. Now receive sense and do the needful.
And how the hell does him WASTING OUR MONEY to meet the king of saudi benefit you. WAKE UP MAN. Our leaders are fooling us. Nigeria can only be great when we value ourselves and start having EXPORTABLE PRODUCTS. ANy president that is not focusing on that is only playing tricks on the brain of 180 million Nigerians.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Misterdhee1(m): 9:38am On Feb 24, 2016
kilokeys:
His dream...
And they might understand each other very well...

Bla bla bla Guns, bombs... Bla bla bla money, crude oil.. Bla bla jihad, kill bla bla flex virgins.. Kai.. Paradise.. undecided
Bla Bla Bla, U need a serious medical intervention
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by dokgen(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
Gordieshegz:

Sis, it is called international relations...
president buhari is quite taking the necessary steps..
-we keep it to yourself, we die silently-then our economy will be washed up like that of Greece and then no resuscitating measures will add up favorably...now is the time
If i may ask, what EXACTLY do you think will be the outcome of this meeting, and how it affect NIGERIA directly.
Malaysia came to Nigeria in the 80's to get palm oil seeds. Right now , one of the things that make their economy strong is that oil palm. We who supplied them the seed no dey even export. DOllar is only times 4.23 to Malaysian Ringitt. They didnt achieve that feat in 20 years by travellng around ON STUPID JOURNEYS.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by mrmetoo1: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2016
dokgen:

STOP decieving yourself dude. Your president is wasting the few money in our foreign reserve on fruitless journeys. DIVERSIFICATION is the solution to the Nairas free fall that even a 100 level economic student know. You think Non Africans give a shit about your country. If they cut oil production, and start losing how the hell does that benefit them. Britain wey colonise una sef no care, Na Saudi go care. Besides, there are other guys in the picture, USA, IRAN, RUSSIA. Last i checked none of these countries have anything to benefit from your country, neither do they respect your country so why would they cut oil prodution , because of one country wiht VISIONLESS leaders.

Diversification!! Lol!! Go and donate your spit and your phone or laptop you're using to type this to help them na. You guys talk like diversification is an overnight fix. Nigerians don't have the patience for diversification. We're years away from full diversification. Right now we still need this oil to help us weather this storm and we need MONEY to diversify. Our major means of income is oil, we still need the oil money for a while. I laugh when people say if oil disappears it'll be a blessing because then we'll diversify. This diversification you're talking about requires huge investment. This government has said they'll focus on diversification, it's up to you to believe them or not. You're talking about diversification, what are you doing personally do achieve this?? There's opportunity there or you expect that it's government that'll do everything. We had an opportunity to diversify when Nigeria was earning record income but we squandered that print, now we have to suffer collectively as a nation for what we failed to do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by princeattah1: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2016
dokgen:

And how the hell does him WASTING OUR MONEY to meet the king of saudi benefit you. WAKE UP MAN. Our leaders are fooling us. Nigeria can only be great when we value ourselves and start having EXPORTABLE PRODUCTS. ANy president that is not focusing on that is only playing tricks on the brain of 180 million Nigerians.

The essence of meeting with this guys is to appeal to them cut down on oil production and inject less in the market so as to give in the room for the theory of demand and supply to help out . Now coming home .Nigeria can no longer depend only on revenue from oil, which now sells for as low as $26 per barrel, and which accounts for 95 per cent of the country’s foreign exchange. To diversify the economy is not a day job . It's a gradual process and that's currently ongoing at the primary level.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by dokgen(m): 10:04am On Feb 24, 2016
princeattah1:

The essence of meeting with this guys is to appeal to them cut down on oil production and inject less in the market so as to give in the room for the theory of demand and supply to help out . Now coming home .Nigeria can no longer depend only on revenue from oil, which now sells for as low as $26 per barrel, and which accounts for 95 per cent of the country’s foreign exchange. To diversify the economy is not a day job . It's a gradual process and that's currently ongoing at the primary level.
No doubt its not a days job, but when are we gonna start the years job. Ajaokuta STEEL company alone, is enough to power this country withing the next 1 year. If we allow china to come take over it, not to talk of oil palm from the east. This things are not big protocols like we make it seem. We frggin need to start somewhere. But nobody, not even the president is doing that.

ABOUT MEETING THIS GUYS. Now thats the problem agian. Iran is the major problem. Not saudi. Saudi begged iran to cut, rather Iran says it will increase, so what magic does the presido think he can achieve again?
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by dokgen(m): 10:10am On Feb 24, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Diversification!! Lol!! Go and donate your spit and your phone or laptop you're using to type this to help them na. You guys talk like diversification is an overnight fix. Nigerians don't have the patience for diversification. We're years away from full diversification. Right now we still need this oil to help us weather this storm and we need MONEY to diversify. Our major means of income is oil, we still need the oil money for a while. I laugh when people say if oil disappears it'll be a blessing because then we'll diversify. This diversification you're talking about requires huge investment. This government has said they'll focus on diversification, it's up to you to believe them or not. You're talking about diversification, what are you doing personally do achieve this?? There's opportunity there or you expect that it's government that'll do everything. We had an opportunity to diversify when Nigeria was earning record income but we squandered that print, now we have to suffer collectively as a nation for what we failed to do.
So, in otherwords we are not goin to diversify coz we squandered, If i may ask , who is we? You dey part of the people wey chop the money.
What nigeria needs is people who have a future oriented mind.
About money, IMF already promised to give us LOAN, if we need it. AMERICA has a debt of over 100 billion dollars. Thats what countries with a vision do. they borrow to improve their economy, not borrow to be TRAVELLING LIKE PRESIDENCY IS A VACATION SEAT. We need to stop being gullible as Nigerians and stop believeing this whole shit of blaming the past govt. WHat of the 2 trillion that they say they recovered using TSA. Is that one not enoght to rebuild KADUNA textiles to full functioning capacity or AJAOKUTA STEEL COMPANY in kOGI STATE, OR OIL PALM PLANTATIONS IN THE SOUTH EAST? what we lack, is a functioning head, not a money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs / $470m CCTV Contract: Reps Find Only 40 Cameras Working, Order Probe / Democracy Coalition Reacts To NPA Contract Termination Of Atiku's Intels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.