Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs (17264 Views)

Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / "Three Of Buhari's Ministers Were Saboteurs" - Akamukale, APC BOT / More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by FreemanDave(m): 7:06am On Apr 17, 2016
[b]•Review looms as Presidency compiles areas of distortion

By Soni Daniel, Abuja

After spending a week in China to seal economic deals that could see Nigeria draw down $6 billion investments, President Muhammadu Buhari returned to Abuja yesterday to finish work on this year’s budget, which has been dogged by controversy.

But there was apprehension, last night, that Buhari, who feels highly embarrassed by the alleged distortion of the budget by some members of the National Assembly, might press for sanctions against those found culpable.

However, a source close to the Presidency said nobody could read the mind of the President on what he intended to do in relation to the crisis associated with the fiscal document.

Sunday Vanguard learnt that the apprehension of some powerful federal lawmakers, who allegedly sabotaged the budget for pecuniary reasons, had been identified in both chambers of the National Assembly.

The identification of the roles played by each of the lawmakers, according to competent sources, followed the week-long scrutiny of the document transmitted to the Presidency by the NASS.

Presidency sources confirmed to Sunday Vanguard that the major areas of distortion carried out by the NASS had been compiled, saying Buhari would likely address Nigerians on the matter.

It was also learnt that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, who held a closed-door meeting with members on the budget, got to know how bad the budget had been ‘treated’ and offered to undertake a review to avoid further altercation with the Presidency on the matter.

Dogara’s disposition, it was learnt, followed a meeting he had with a Minister who gave him a breakdown of the distortion done to the budget by members of the Appropriation Committees of the NASS.

It was gathered that the Speaker had undertaken to do whatever was needed to ensure the review of the budget to ensure its success when assented to by Buhari and give succor to Nigerians.

It was also learnt that, despite the tough stance of the Senate on the budget impasse, some leading members who had been briefed on how far the budget was “padded”, had opted to soften their stance and review the document in the national interest.

“All that the President wants is to give Nigerians a budget that will reflate the economy and something to cheer about,” a Minister told Sunday Vanguard.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/budget-impasse-buhari-returns-china-deal-saboteurs/

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2016
watching
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Metrofox(m): 7:24am On Apr 17, 2016
well. ..that's the advantage of having a firm president. .it's better to be feared than loved. .fear you can control, love. .you can't

66 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Osirimononaye(m): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2016
He is back from the shaolin temple of China.

He now has the neccessary Kung-Fu skill to pight kwarapsion and make Najilia peach fool.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Timoleon(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2016
Bros Buhari when you wan begin help nigerians na? this April and we dont even have a budget yet...how has your government been spending kwanu? play play now four years go reach...people don dey lose weight already without having to go to the gym...oga Buhari, no be like dis una bin promise us o.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by drsteroid(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2016
Saraki and those forming abobaku with him must be severely dealt with.I have always believed saraki is a mole in APC,due to his presidential ambition,he will never want PMB to succeed

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by santino09: 8:06am On Apr 17, 2016
And we the National Association of Wailers NAW are ready for him.

5 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 17, 2016
Can we sign the budget already sir?
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Joshuahunpe(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm, look at the way he is looking into the book as if he knew whatz inside. grin grin grin grin .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by themosthigh: 8:07am On Apr 17, 2016
Lol
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by bizz(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
Ok
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by dearsly(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
Since he became presidiot, who has he dealt with so far.....

Abeg make we hear word!...The economy is in shambles and u guys wanna divert our attention once again!!!

Dullard Dullahdino

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Ondoboi12345678: 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
Saboteurs are in problem. Long live Mr President

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by midolian(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
I hope "building of more prisons" was included in the budget.. In fact, That is the only thing I can support taking a loan for.

Too many criminals in this we country

Just too many criminals angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Diesel1(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
When are u traveling President Buhari ??

8 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by tolexy007(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
n
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by NLEFCC(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Those who make peaceful changes impossible, make violent clashes inevitable.

4 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by tollytexy(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Lol Chinko Joke.. is that what he learnt from shaolin temple?
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by neweraomo: 8:09am On Apr 17, 2016
lets see maybe you gather some senses from the Chikos grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Ratello: 8:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Watching in 3D this unfolding KungFu Ninja man method to pight kwarapshin
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Motherfucker2: 8:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Joke of the century.
Don't let me send my 17 year old cousin to beat your old ass

7 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by gbaskiboy: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2016
I hope your bring chinese bread come
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Vaabra01(f): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2016
welldon my boiiiiii...apy Sunday to my love Ayobami nd my peeps here

1 Like

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by tollytexy(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2016
tolexy007:
n

N for nnamdi kalu or space booking?

1 Like

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by saintmark88(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2016
I want to this, Buhari might not be loved by many, but, this guy doesn't care, he is principled nd he kips to his principles, I wish he can rule more than 8yrs, so Tht gradually the mindset of NIgerians would begin to change.... We have done things the wrong way for too long, tht doing the right thing now seems right.... I believe that you can never be wrong doing the right thing.... So carry on PMB, nigerians would come along with time

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by lilprinze: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2016
when next is ajala the traveller travelling next
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by fasho01(m): 8:13am On Apr 17, 2016
This budget saga should be resolved once and for all jare and when will the president deal with the saboteurs? Cos I know he'll soon do the normal.. Be air bound to another country.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by 912(m): 8:16am On Apr 17, 2016
twoondei:
Can we sign the budget already sir?
No we cannot sign what we don't know. You send "A" to the National Assembly and they return with "B" for you to sign. How can he sign that? They should put back the key projects taken away and remove all the additions made by the lawmakers before it can be signed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Booty4me: 8:17am On Apr 17, 2016
Tai Chi things

5 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by laviecontinue: 8:17am On Apr 17, 2016
I pray for a beter Nigeria regarless of who's leading or rulling, of who's talking or who's actually working. "Help our youth the truth to know" has always been my prayer and I realise is actually in our NATIONAL ANTEM. Aswer my prayer oh God.

7 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by BizBayo: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2016
God shall punish the saboteurs and their followers. If you do not mean well for Nigeria, In the name of the heavenly father who opened the door of today, it shall not be well with you too. This country must be great. #GodPunishDevil

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku: Nigeria Has Not Produced Leaders Like Obi And I Since 1960 / In 2021, Nigerian Senate Sat For Only 66 Days, Broke Own Rules / Crisis Hits Adamawa APC As Stakeholders Agree To Drop Binani For Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.