Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery (888 Views)

FBN, Zenith, 2 Others Appointed Settlement Banks for Naira/RMB Currency swap / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Ifeanyi Ubah's Car Gift To Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia's Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by kurt09(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ifeanyi Ubah, managing director and CEO of capital oil, has claimed victory for the gains experienced by the naira over the past two days. Speaking on Channels TV programme, Ubah had said that if consulted, he could restore the naira to 200 against the dollar in just 30 days. “Look at the economy, look at the position of the naira today; some of us have ideas on how we can restore this,” he had said. “Do you know how many Burea De Change people who food has been taken out of their families because of this? If you say they are the ones causing it, then where are you today? “It needs strategic management. It won’t take me one month, if you give me part of that consultancy, naira would come back to 200. I can bet my life with it, naira would come back to N200. If you call me for that consultancy, I would put naira back to 200.” After his comments, the naira was quoted at 370 to the greenback on Monday, and it rose to 364 on Tuesday morning, closing trading hours around 340. Arguing that the currency is recovering due to his efforts, he said in a statement on Tuesday: “Fellow Nigerians, I wish to thank you for the support and encouragement you have given me so far. It has been unprecedented. “As at this evening, the Dollar has dropped further to N310 as against N390 on Sunday evening before my interview on Channels. “This shows that the earlier increase has been artificial as some people were manipulating and benefitting from it. They will all be fished out in due course so that Nigeria will be better and the suffering of the masses will end. “With God and our sincere efforts, even when we have not been fully consulted, the Dollar can still be brought down to N200 and below. Let the discourse continue. Shun the Dollar till it’s N200. Pray for Nigeria and let the Dollar go down to N200 and below.” Independent investigations by TheCable show that “big companies” are shunning dollars on the parallel market, reducing demand, consequently leading to an appreciation of the currency.
https://www.thecable.ng/.Vsy2BGeG_Qw.twitter
Re: Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by ozoigbondu: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
Well ever since he boasted he could do it naira woke up........ Forex cabal dey fear this guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by PentiumPro(f): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sensible and knowledgable Nigerians are just laughing at this oil subsidy money opportunist.
Like Sanusi said, any idiot can become a billionaire just by knowing those in power to grant you subsidy money for products not delivered. He had people like ubah in mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by acenazt: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ubah na badt guy. Dis guy need a pulitzer 4 dis
Re: Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by eyeview: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sometimes when you have done all that your macro aand micro economics had thought you and the decline persist,then know that the solution may lie with some unconventional and unorthodox methods and that's what I believe he knew the answer to the naira free fall.
Afterall,the CBN had the best economists and all their wisdom and knowledge of monetary and fiscal policies couldn't save the naira.
Abeg, carry go Chief Ifeanyi Patrick Ubah
Re: Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
I trust the same but I trust buhari past for standing his ground.this is just artificial inflation
Re: Ubah Claims Credit For Naira’s Recovery by stagger: 11:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Is it rocket science?

Do we know how many Ifeanyi Ubah's are stockpiling dollars in their houses? All you need to do is to flood the market with the dollars and the Naira will recover transiently. Central banks across the world use this strategy to routinely intervene in their currency markets. Simply buy up large quantities of the local currency using large amounts of the USD.

Ifeanyi Ubah is lucky he is a Nigerian. If he was from the US or Germany, people would have dug out his past to know how he came by such huge amounts of money to suddenly emerge from nowhere in 2008.

(1) (Reply)

. / . / How To Export Cocoa For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.