Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths (730 Views)

Arrest Tompolo, Face War – Gbaramatu Youths Warn FG / Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by strangleyo: 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2009
Emma Amaize
GBARAMATU—Youth Council in Delta State yesterday expressed concern that the economy of the Nigerian state would be crippled in the next few weeks as a result of the damage of the facilities of oil companies in the Niger Delta by militants.

Already, the production capacity of Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) in Delta State has fallen to 10,000 barrels per day from the initial 100,000 bpd.

Militants are also targeting to blow up Forcados Export Terminal which, if successful, would bring production to zero.
Delta State government is seriously affected by the offensive, as it is already clear that its allocations will drop and even the Delta State Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission (DESOPADEC) may also face cash crunch.

The council in a communiqué issued at the end of a meeting in Warri, signed by its president, Engr. Kennedy Brake, and two others, the council blamed the Joint Task Force (JTF) for the sad turn of events, saying it gave the Federal Government a false impression that soldiers would be able to protect the facilities.

According to the council, “on Monday, July 7, our monitoring team returned from the creeks of Escravos and beyond and confirmed that in the next few weeks, the Nigerian state will not have a tin of crude oil to export or refine in the country because all the major oil facilities in the country have been crippled .

“The Otunana trunk lines, pipelines, Makaraba pipelines, jackets, well-heads, Abitieye trun klines , pipelines, jackets, Dibi and Olero trunk lines, pipelines, wellheads, and even the Okan deep sea trunk line and pipelines have been sabotaged to the last core.

“The same applies to Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), all its trunk lines and pipelines have been sabotaged, leaving the oil operators with forced measures to evacuate from the Niger-Delta . That is why we deemed it necessary to call on the international communities once more to note and intervene.

“All these are happening in the presence of the task force which boast on paper every day that they are equal to the task; we will fight to finish; we engaged them in gun battle; we will soon fish them out. If we may ask? Where was the task force who desecrated our homes in Gbaramatu kingdom when all the facilities were destroyed?

“Right now, Chevron cannot operate anymore because the militants have crippled all their facilities. Chevron is dying in silence because they [Chevron) think bringing armed troops to secure their facility is the best option, but now the militants have proven them wrong.

“The true owners of the area are the best and qualified people to secure the oil facilities in the region rather than outsiders.”

For the economy not to totally collapse, the youths called on President Umaru Yar’Adua to withdraw the JTF from the Niger Delta and implement the report of the Niger-Delta Technical Committee, headed by Mr. Ledum Mitee.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/09/nigerian-economy-may-collapse-in-a-few-weeks-%E2%80%94gbaramatu-youths/
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by strangleyo: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2009
Italian energy group Eni SpA which owns Agip in Nigeria yesterday declared a force majeure on some of its crude exports from Nigeria, following an act of sabotage on a pipeline located north of the Brass River field earlier in the week.
This is just as the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, yesterday destroyed for the umpteenth time in recent weeks an oil installation belonging to US oil giant Chevron.
The attack on Agip’s pipeline on Tuesday resulted in oil production losses equivalent to 24,000 barrels per day, translating to about 4,800 barrels per day of Eni’s equity in Agip, the company confirmed.
MEND recently shifted its offensive against oil installations located outside Delta State and has in the last four weeks claimed responsibility for attacks on oil facilities including the Afremo oil field.
Last week, the Italian oil giant was said to have shut in production of around 33,000 barrels of oil and two million cubic metres of gas per day following the Bayelsa attack.
In its continuing offensive against oil installations, MEND yesterday destroyed the recently repaired Chevron pipeline linking Alero Creek through Abiteye to the Escravos export terminal in Delta State.
The attack which took place last night at 2000hrs was allegedly carried out by MEND fighters who waited till the completion of repair work on the pipeline before blowing it up for the second time in weeks.
MEND said it will only stop attacks after its leader, Henry Okah who has unconditionally accepted the offer of amnesty from the government, is released from detention and positive discussions are held.
The group disclosed that the attacks may even go on side by side the negotiations.
In a statement, MEND’s spokesman, Gbomo Jomo, said they were miffed by the fact that the federal government had shown so much eagerness to resume oil exports inspite of the sufferings of the people who were displaced by the bombings of the Joint Task Force last May.
They said they waited until the work which was done with over 200 soldiers on guard duty was completed before moving in to destroy the pipeline.
MEND expressed gratitude to soldiers guarding the facility for not challenging them while they carried out the action.
Jomo said that for trying to resume oil related activities without caring to resettle the displaced in Delta State, they will while talks on amnesty are ongoing, continue the destruction of oil facilities.
Prior to the renewed attacks on oil facilities in the region, Nigeria was said to have recorded a shut in of over one million barrel per day, bringing the country’s output to only a little over 1 million barrels per day.
Recent statistics released by the Department of Petroleum Resources about a fortnight ago, showed that production deferment due to the crisis in the oil-rich region was over 1 million barrels per day.
Statistics indicated that both reserves and daily output are on the decline due to restiveness in the Niger Delta, raising fears that the crisis may deter the country from achieving its set targets of 4 million barrels per day and reserves of 40 billion barrels by 2010.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by amarilo: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2009
Yet JTF came out to tell us that all is well/secured in the creek.
Its not funny anymore.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by chidichris(m): 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2009
we have been praying all the days of our lives that nigeria will not collapse but i think this is the best time for us to tell nigeria and nigerian economy to please collapse.
all works and no play makes jack a dull idiot. the collapse of this country will give looters room to invest all they have gathered all the days of their lives and give the poor masses breathing space and thinking opportunity.
it will also give the ppl of niger delta time to rest after a long battle at least they will have sigh of relief as their goal have been achieved.
the law makers will then begin to resign as their laws and efforts will not worth it anymore because all their laws and efforts are directed and focused on how best they can share the oil revenue among themselves.
did they say in a few weeks, pls they shld make it earlier than that if possible in a few days.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by Beaf: 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2009
Things will melt and dissolve if the Niger Delta issue is not resolved. No Shaking.
9ja is a land flowing with milk and Niger Delta blood.

Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2009
Wow. . . check out that machine gun. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by nex(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2009
Gbaramatu Youths will collapse in a few weeks - Nigerian Economists.

World economy has completely melted down months ago, is it today Nigerian economy will collapse? Then what has the economy been doing in the past 2 decades? So they felt that the economy has been robust since and it may now collapse in a few weeks. I will love to see that. Economy wey don die since and una dey inside, una no know, na now una dey predict say e wan collapse because hand touch una.

Trained graduate of medicine is working in a Commercial Bank and nobody realised that the whole country has collapsed a long time ago. For over 2 decades now, Nigeria has been surviving on 200,000 barrels per day. Yes. I didn't say 2 million. 200,000 barrels per day! All the extra money from the remaining 1.8 million barrels per day was what went into Ghana must go sacks, brown envelopes (or in our case, cartons), and Peugeot 504 boots. That extra money was what built VGC castles, bought private jets and Hilltop Villas. Acquired live airtime for celebrations and sponsored political rallies. That was the 1.8 million barrels O!

So generally, I care less if 30,000 barrels per day is made to flow into the creeks by MEND, as long as they don't call on any one else to clean up the mess or shout out pollution against the multinationals.

Now we'll manage money the way it should be. Abi did you actually believe that Nigeria was really gaining about $73 billion annually in 2007 from crude oil alone? How come to sign budget of N3 trillion ($24 billion) dey make dem sweat?

At least if we know that we have actually just $3.5 billion annually coming from only 200,000 barrels per day, the masses will bite anyone who tries to even look at that money too lustfully.

To my brothers in MEND, please carry on and as the 13% extra winds down to nothing in total, let's see who will suffer.

Lagosians, pay you taxes and earn those non-oil dollars. Since some have printed Passport others will soon require Visa.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by strangleyo: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2009
nex:

Gbaramatu Youths will collapse in a few weeks - Nigerian Economists.

World economy has completely melted down months ago, is it today Nigerian economy will collapse? Then what has the economy been doing in the past 2 decades? So they felt that the economy has been robust since and it may now collapse in a few weeks. I will love to see that. Economy wey don die since and una dey inside, una no know, na now una dey predict say e wan collapse because hand touch una.

Trained graduate of medicine is working in a Commercial Bank and nobody realised that the whole country has collapsed a long time ago. For over 2 decades now, Nigeria has been surviving on 200,000 barrels per day. Yes. I didn't say 2 million. 200,000 barrels per day! All the extra money from the remaining 1.8 million barrels per day was what went into Ghana must go sacks, brown envelopes (or in our case, cartons), and Peugeot 504 boots. That extra money was what built VGC castles, bought private jets and Hilltop Villas. Acquired live airtime for celebrations and sponsored political rallies. That was the 1.8 million barrels O!

So generally, I care less if 30,000 barrels per day is made to flow into the creeks by MEND, as long as they don't call on any one else to clean up the mess or shout out pollution against the multinationals.

Now we'll manage money the way it should be. Abi did you actually believe that Nigeria was really gaining about $73 billion annually in 2007 from crude oil alone? How come to sign budget of N3 trillion ($24 billion) dey make dem sweat?

At least if we know that we have actually just $3.5 billion annually coming from only 200,000 barrels per day, the masses will bite anyone who tries to even look at that money too lustfully.

To my brothers in MEND, please carry on and as the 13% extra winds down to nothing in total, let's see who will suffer.

Lagosians, pay you taxes and earn those non-oil dollars. Since some have printed Passport others will soon require Visa.

Great point. The oil schism will hurt mostly the corrupt politicians. They'll have to figure out way to actually generate money from their states instead of waiting for that oil sponsored welfare cheque.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by chidichris(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
pls can someone tell those fighting to remove those things on their so that they can fight freely.
we are not hear to say please to anyone. i will ask everybody to continue with whatever he or she is doing. and whatever u are doing, do it very well.
corrupt politicians shld endeavour to be more corrupt than ever. kidnappers must learn to kidnap all kidnapables. niger delta fighters must introduce weapons of mass destruction.
let us finish these whole mess once and for all. we were on the level when ghana went down and we have remained on this level till ghana decide to go up. we are not down and we are not up. we must learn to go down once to enable us plan a come back
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by rhymz(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2009
I ve a post in Nairaland where I cried Foul to the injustice that was going on in the Niger Delta,Gbaramatu in Delta state to be precise I shall dig it up and post it on dis thread U will be surprise at d responses I got.
The fact is Yaradua is a lame-duck,he has no control of things,he does't even make his own decisionz.When d stupid JTF started dier dumb offensive,I warned dat the only ppl dat d JTF will catch and victimize re d innocent women and childrien,i knew they were going to end up complicating issues.The Nigerian millitary is a sad tail,d generalz can act independtly without orderz 4rm d president and it was on dat same faulty way of doing thingz dat waged a full scale war on a community without any solid millitary intelligence report,just guess work and started bombing people's home at random in d name of fishing out millitants they even attempted to take it to neighboring states and some stupid northern group even propose to yaradua to do so.I was just watching,i knew it would come to dis.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by rhymz(m): 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
The sad thing with ppl in d south is dat evry one is singing a different tune.I don't mean to offend any tribe or region both d sad truth of d matter is dat d southwest re so deep in playing politicz of convinience dat they ve become so blind to d belligerence and maneuvering of d North.When d offensive waz going on in gbaramatu,it was like there was a tacit consensus not to giv priority to d issues both on radio & TV stationz,d print media did little more than d otherz but in general they acted unconcerned.A lot of my southwest friendz realy pissed me off with d way they were supporting d onslaught,honestly,thier reasons where valid but it waz't enuf to support a senseless millitary action against a ppl,militancy or no militancy.D truth is d Southsouth re realizing a little too late dat the Northernerz re into dis "one Nigeria" phrase for d benefit of d oil wealth.It was only d igbos who saw d fault in d sick amalgamation & wanted to get out but for d help of d SS & d complicity of d SW,dey would ve seceeded
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by rhymz(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
In fact nigeria's daily production per day is 800,000 to be precise.The way the north has put a strangle hold on d Weak FG head,they will cause a disintergration sooner than expected.Lately,there ve been a mad rush to want to dominate evry controlling aspect of resources,from Oil to d Economy to d millitary to even power,I mean,we dont need a soothsayer to tell us dat d ppl of d North re insecure abt the future of d weird union called Nigeria,they fear dat d clamor for autonomy by different region,group,tribe etc re increasingly becoming too real & might succeed soon unless they do sth abt it thus d open display of dier brazen belligerence,besides they re counting on d support of d SW to continue dier domination,datz why if U notice d trend of development it has alwayz been either in d north or in d SW,they can't afford an independently minded SE who still want out or a stubborn SS Who ve seen through dier parasitic tendencies and also want out.Time will tell if my analysis of d polity of dis country is ok.
Re: Nigerian Economy May Collapse In A Few Weeks —gbaramatu Youths by Amjustme: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2009
If only we knew wot Nigeria was made of, its not like a sac of grains that will collapse just like that.

We have many avenues that we can we have not explored. Our problem in this regards is that our leaders prefer to explore one after the other instead of us making making all these sectors sucessful concurrently.

It was Agriculture then, now crude oil, after crude oil, lets see, well it actually depends on who is on the throne then. But believe me,we not even close to collapse yet.

(1) (Reply)

Teacher Kills 83-year-old Man - After Defrauding Him N1.1m / Compare Salaries Of Public Servants Alongside Professors / Nigeria Is The 94th Best Place To Live In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.