Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? (694 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? by vnmanpower(f): 5:27am On Feb 24, 2016
I've just read a very interesting subject at Quora called: What is the craziest thing you have ever said to your boss, with or without getting fired. Here's one of the stories:

"In the late 90's Internet heyday, I was a product/marketing executive working for a brilliant but crazy man who had a tendency for selling solutions well ahead of our ability to deliver. We had the following exchange once:
Boss: Make it happen.
Me: What you're asking us to do is physically impossible given the constraints of today's technology.
Boss: Maybe you didn't hear me...I told you to make it happen.
Me: I get that you are holding the bar high for us, but this is crazy. In fact, you are crazy. You are narcissistic, juvenile, crude, conniving, sexist, and lacking any ethical boundaries whatsoever. You are crazy! Yet somehow you consider that combination of attributes to be your leadership style. You are seriously bleeped up, like, in a need-a-strait-jacket sort of way.
Boss: [pause] You forgot "rich".
He went on to the next meeting with a smile."

Source: Quora

How about sharing your stories?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? by olu77(m): 5:42am On Feb 24, 2016
The craziest thing I have said is nothing. He went on to the next meeting angry and frowning.

Silence is the best answer to a boss.
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? by thesicilian: 5:54am On Feb 24, 2016
[when he threatened to fire me if I didn't come to work on a particular day I wasn't supposed to].
Me: ''I don't care, you're not the one feeding me''
Actually he was.
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? by asalimpo(m): 10:29am On Feb 24, 2016
thesicilian:
[when he threatened to fire me if I didn't come to work on a particular day I wasn't supposed to].
Actually he was.
lol!
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? by vnmanpower(f): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2016
thesicilian:
Actually he was.
Lol! Were you fired or not? I hope not
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said To Your Boss? by thesicilian: 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
vnmanpower:
Lol! Were you fired or not? I hope not
Hahaha I immediately apologised on getting back to work, so things calmed down later

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State Governor Set To Disengage 5000 Workers? / Federal Ministry Of Labour And Employment Recruitment 2016 – Http://vacancy.fedc / What Reading Books Does.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.