Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,141 members, 7,867,317 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

5 Reasons Why You Need A Mentor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reasons Why You Need A Mentor (372 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful / A Mentor Is Needed Please!!! / 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Need A Mentor by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 24, 2016
REASONS WHY YOU NEED A MENTOR

A man once said, "if I see farther, it is because I stand on the shoulders of those who have gone ahead of me". This statement in the school of mentorship, cannot be dissed. Mentors are those you look up to because they have desirable traits which the mentee wants.

So, why would you need a mentor, a father, and shoulder to lean on?

#. EASE: When you have a mentor, in a particular field, you spend less achieving more. Why? Those who have gone ahead of you have cleared the way. The challenges you might have now are those which they have already seen.

When a construction site is about to come up, it is the bulldozers that goes first to clear the thicket and pave way for the smaller vehicles and humans to pass.

It is a mentor that clears the ground for you, he waters it to ensure that your passage is with ease. A mentor gives you a platform to operate on.

#. MAXIMUM RESULT, MINIMUM EFORTS

There are things you cannot achieve on your own, no matter how hard you try. You cannot compare the harvesting time of a man that planted orange today and the one that inherited an orange tree. No, it's impossible to compare both. Why the one that planted today will be cultivating the land for the orange to mature and start bearing fruits, my brother who inherited one would be thinking of how to harvest the orange fruits.

A mentor makes you have things you're not qualified for; you reap their fruits alongside them.

#INSPIRATION

When you have a mentor, his appearance alone, gingers you. Seeing him/her gives you hope that you can also run with your goals. A day at the feet of mentor is worth more than years of sitting alone. When your mentor appears, you get inspired to aspire for more. A mentor is he that tells you, "you can do it.

Show me a man who doesn't have inspiration and I will show you someone who doesn't have a mentor.

#DIRECTION

A mentor lives a trail behind for you to follow. It is said that who you follow determines what follows you. It is a mentor's job to direct you and keep you on the right track. He sees your weaknesses but tells you what to do to minimize such and for you to stay on track. When a mentor is besides you, it is like a lamp on your way, so you don't stumble.

# I'LL LEAVE THIS FOR YOU

So, what others values can you get from a mentor? Drop it/them on the comment box!

http://vesselofinspiration.com/5-reasons-why-you-need-a-mentor/#more-270

(1) (Reply)

Executive Sales Job Opening At Fanmilk - Lagos/port Harcourt/aba/kano / Am In Need / Radio Auditions In Abuja Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.