Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers (49113 Views)

Isyaku Rabiu Is Dead. / Ifeanyi Ubah's Car Gift To Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia's Wife (Photos) / Ex-employees Accuse BUA Boss, Abdulsamad Rabiu Of Forex Round-tripping, Tax Evas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2016
DeLaRue:
3 weeks ago I saw Emefiele make his carte blanche comment on tv saying he was ready to provide ALL the foreign currency Dangote needs. I was surprised then wondering where cbn would get the funds from.

Emefiele just comes accross as a 'yes' man who always look timid & confused.

Add all the illegal withdrawals by Gej and his men, this Emefiele man appears not to know what he's doing.
EMEFIELE and GEJ.. no difference. Just do as I say. If it weren't for Buhari, the naira would have been devalued long back.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by crestedaguiyi: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2016
i laugh is igbo
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Holyman3(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2016
Trust me, BUHARI, DANGOTE and a few others are behind this.
Buhari is doing this.
There is a document which implicates the FG and Dangote.
There is noway Ministry of finance could keep quiet if they don't know whats going on/

APC is Scam.
I dont blame Nigerians, we didn't know.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by ijeebest: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Abeg, wetin barca play with arsenal?
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

IPOB Youth, how does TonyeBarcanista's view relates to this thread?
Take am easy pal
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Take am easy pal
NgeneUkwenu:

Take am easy pal
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by dyn1800: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2016
CAREFUL BRO! BEFORE THE #HUNGRYBOIZ HERE CALL FOR HEAD grin grin grin grin grin grin

Volksfuhrer:
GEJ knew what he was doing when he appointed Emefiele as CBN governor. A compliant CBN governor was necessary for looting the treasury.
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Take am easy pal

No mind me grin! I just hate all these IPODS...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Take am easy pal

No mind me jaregrin! I just hate all these IPODS...
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2016
Volksfuhrer:
GEJ knew what he was doing when he appointed Emefiele as CBN governor. A compliant CBN governor was necessary for looting the treasury.

At least you have succeeded in blaming GEJ today you can now go about your daily business without the feeling that there is something lacking. Have a nice day!

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2016
LOVE OF MONEY....
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Sylverbox(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2016
2016. A year of beef. Now na billionaires turn.

Ok, continue...
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2016
grandstar:
Dangote does not need a dime. The entire project can be financed from foriegn commercial banks at 2% above LIBOR.

How can you sell all your "scarce dollars" at the cheapest price!

Foreign banks wouldn't expressly deal with the Nigerians without the input of a Nigerian bank. Hence they usually do this through a syndicated loan system.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Certifiedboss: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2016
cuteboy2:
AbdulSamad Isyaku Rabiu, Executive Chairman of BUA Group (Dangote's main business rival), took an unusual step of writing a full page article in Business Day of Monday, 22 Feb 2016 claiming that the current naira free-fall is caused by a few greedy people, or more to the point, a particular person.

BUA Group is into the business of manufacturing of cement, sugar refinery, flour, edible oils, pasta and rice cultivation.

: http://www.osundefender.org/manufacturing-the-fx-situation-and-the-nigerian-economy-by-abdulsamad-rabiu/

Few days ago Dr Ifeanyi Ubah, CEO of Capital Oil took a rather unusual step of appearing on Channels TV on Sunday, 21/2/2016 to make a very bold claim that the current Naira slide is artificial, and is caused by a few individuals. He said that he "knows those behind the current foreign exchange crisis facing the nation and was ready to name them publicly".

He also staked his entire assets of N500b on his claim that he will expose the saboteurs, reverse the slide in 30 days and bring Naira back to 1$=N200. FG is yet to take up the offer. However, since these two

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/i-ll-name-those-behind-forex-crisis-if-says-ubah/

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/N200-PER-DOLLAR-PROPOSAL--Ifeanyi-Ubah-stakes-N500bn-assets/

Abdulsamad Rabiu spoke on Sunday, 21/2/16. The very next day, Ifeanyi Ubah spoke in same vein on Monday, 22/2/16.
Are these mere coincidences? is anybody thinking what I am thinking? Is anybody in Buhari's govt and economic team getting the message?

Both Abdulsamad Rabiu and Ifeanyi Ubah are seriously supporting Federal Govt policy not to devalue the Naira, whilst a powerful business men are secretly nudging FG to agree with IMF and devalue the Naira. Why? Who is benefiting from all these mess?

More importantly, which powerful individual or corporate entities are Abdulsamad Rabiu and Ifeanyi Ubah referring to, and even threatening to name? Nigerians wake up and shine your eyes oooooo!! shocked shocked shocked

Meanwhile, in previous news, in January 2016 CBN Gov Emefiele visited Dangote's new refinery/petrochemical/fertilizer construction site at Lekki free trade zone and pledged that FGN will supply him all the dollars he needs for this private project at official rate of $1:N197, which is currently estimated at $10 billion. This represents 30% of our reserves. According to CBN, current Nigerian external reserves has dipped to $28 billion.

Dangote is being enriched at the expense of every other nigerian . I've always suspected that . You hear other billionaires fall from their position but Dangote has remained at the top in Africa for ages . He's not the smartest business man ,he's just the business man who get 100% backing of the country regardless of the outcome

9 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Holyman3(m): 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Bennyberry:
Don't know if my nose is functioning well but I dy smell Dangote as the cause of the downslide of naira. #say no to monopolised Nigerian economy by Dangote

Who else if not him?
Federal Government openly announced funding the forex for his 10 billion dollar project in Lekki.
Now, if the 10 billion dollars is pumped into the Nigerian system, do you think dollar will be 1 to 370?

Buhari and Emefiele are in it too, they are accomplices.
Why do you think nobody has been fired in the face of economic crisis?
But they sacked University VCs and Budget directors for simple mistakes.
This is not difficult, the vampires are drinking the blood of the sufferers.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by princejayboss: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
martineverest:
Ubah is looking for soft landing... Bubu is just silent on him; once the refineries are done, his case for will be re- opened

Use your brain for once.... Dangote net worth is $16b and he is financing a project of $17b dollars in the said refinery.... He claims he has no collaboration.... My question to silly Nigerians who believe everything is .... Can a CEO spend more than his worth in a project with a help?...... Dangote has been number 1 Nigeria problem..... Dangote is the only person that you take out and you break the cabal..... The damage he is causing Nigeria is far more worrisome than whatever job he will provide.....

Our dear government claims they can not build a refinery and one citizen is doing so and FG acts as an oversight..... Africa wake up.... We have to dislodge this old criminals with writing pen.

To you Oga ..... Think well before you begin to support foolishly ..... Don't joke with the future of the nation naija

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by dikeigbo2(m): 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
ibkgab001:
Two escaped goats

Looking for who to romance them and give them post of special adviser on economy matters

What's the essence of reading without meaning? A critical problems... Needs a very critical approach..

You are so dumb that..... You don't know when someone is bluffing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by tinsel: 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nawaa for Dangote. The thing is he is a friend to every government in power.
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by me69: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
cuteboy2:

I was shocked and astonished myself to learn that FGN/CBN that does not have money to repair existing government refineries or build new ones, suddenly has all the dollar needed by an individual to build his private refinery. And this happening under Buhari's nose. Are they sleeping?

This country tire me oooooo.

Lalasticlala are you hearing this one?
you don't know how foreign exchange works. Plus if the FG decided to allocate its dollars it is in order to help the economy.
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by martineverest(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2016

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by lastpage: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
grandstar:
Let's stop chasing the wind.

The buck stops at Buharis table. Is he an economist? How can he decide not to devalue the currency? Sanusi and Soludo have both condemned his policies

That is the cause of the entire problem

How many refineries or Petro-Chemical plant did Sanusi or Soludo build, when the Crude was selling at an average of $140/barrel, to cater for a day like now?

Its easy to speak with the power of hindsight.

Both of them should shut-da-phuck up.

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by ibkgab001: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
You are as dumb as your statement fall off my post or you die by fire now critically you are not normal
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by arafone(m): 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
The CEO of BUA must be talking about the chairman of Dangote Group and companies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by PMONEY6: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
I've said it before. Some persons are sitting on our economy.
Moreover uba and Co should be invited to shed some light on this matter. The entire article is directed to one person. Hmm Are you thinking what I'm thinking? We're watching...
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by Trustyd1(m): 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
I thought the Zombies said that GEJ is the cause of naira free fall because he didn't safe in the days of plenty?

Only if this gvt will always fine a way to solve problems rather than doing blame game when things are not going their way.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by cr7lomo: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
It's dropped to 220, super uba

1 Like

Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by paulstrings(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
talking about the refinery, here's .the chance of a lifetime...it's now or sooner...
tell your friends family and enemies too :-)

*Buy 2 plots of land at Tehilla Gardens estate and get 1 plot absolutely
free.
Tehilla Gardens is located before the most talk about Lekki Free Trade
Zone, Dangote Refinery and Lekki Deep Sea Port.
This promo is one of its kind and won't last forever.
When opportunity present is seized, success is inevitable.
Take advantage now and build your asset through the best, most lucrative
and surest means to wealth.
Contact for details and Inspection:
Daniel Nnadi
Managing Consultant
Vertical Edge Resources
KM 46, Safeway building, Safeway Bus stop, Ajah-Lekki , Lagos.
Tel: +2348062806026, +2347080575496
Email: Verticaledgegroup@yahoo.com
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by menxer: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
cuteboy2:

I was shocked and astonished myself to learn that FGN/CBN that does not have money to repair existing government refineries or build new ones, suddenly has all the dollar needed by an individual to build his private refinery. And this happening under Buhari's nose. Are they sleeping?

This country tire me oooooo.

Lalasticlala are you hearing this one?

Now that Ubah (a staunch PDP supporter) and Rabiu have spoken out against the Naira slide, lets hear what Dangote has to say for or against.

For I'm beginning to see the hand of Dangote in this forex quagmire.
Re: Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers by MissingBudget: 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
I always said Dangote is a government-made billonaire. He has been saying that the dollar will rise #500. Now we know why. Greedy ab0ki bascard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business Can Start Doing With 400k? (Your Idea Is Welcome) / Jeremiah Ekumah Receives Scholarship Letter From Obi Cubana, N100k Salary / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.