Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

$24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani (1389 Views)

This Did Not Happen In Edo State. See How They Lied Against Gov Oshiomhole. PICS / Diezani Approved $24bn Crude Swap Without Contract –ex-nnpc GMD / Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Emmatdayo(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2016
Former Minister for Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has described the narratives of her former group managing directors, GMDs, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, with regard to the ongoing legislative probe of the oil swap and OPA deals as fabricated tissues of lies.The embattled former minister’s denial comes as she strongly refuted claims that she approved $24 billion for Renewal of the Crude Oil/Refined Products Exchange Agreement, otherwise called oil swap deals without contracts. From the inception of the deal in 2009, Federal Government was meant to realise about $1.82 million per 60,000 barrels per day, bpd, against the then losses of $1.47 million being recorded by the corporation. It is uncertain if all the proceeds from the deal were remitted to the federation account. During their appearances before the legislators last week, Mr. Austin Oniwon, who was GMD, NNPC, from May 17, 2010 to June 12, 2012, and Mr. Andrew Yakubu, June 12, 2012, to August 2, 2014, said Alison-Madueke had granted them approvals for contracts extension. In a statement meant to set the records straight yesterday, she rejected some newspaper and online reports, which claimed that she granted an “extension” instead of ‘Approval for the Renewal of Contracts’ for the swap arrangements. Alison-Madueke, who is currently undergoing extensive cancer treatment in London, was quoted as describing the latest attack as “fabricated tissues of lies deviously concocted to sustain the escalating evil narratives against her person.” Contracts approvals: The embattled former minister, who spoke through her spokesman, Mr. Clem Aguiyi, recalled that she gave the following approvals for renewal of contract: one-year term each for both Messrs Trafigura Beheer BV, and Messrs Societe Ivoirienne de Raffinage (SIR), in August 2010; two-year term in August 2011 for the same companies, and one-year term to NNPC subsidiary, Duke Oil, in January 2011. She added: “Two other approvals were consequently sought by the GMD, NNPC, the first of these on August 29, 2014, seeking to ratify all three aforementioned approvals, which had apparently variously expired during the course of 2013.” She said she approved all three “in view of the criticality of the situation. Expiry of those terms was put at December 31, 2014, following assurances to the minister that the contractual obligations of the parties to NNPC had, in fact, been fully met, despite the regrettable lapse in renewal time.” In her narrative, the lapses in expiration to renewal dates were put at seven months for Duke Oil, 10 for SIR, and 12 months for Trafigura. OPA approvals: Furthermore, Alison-Madueke recalled that she had given fresh approvals for Offshore Processing Agreements, OPA, on October 28, 2014, following the recommendation of the then Group Managing Director, GMD, NNPC. The approvals included a new term of two years commencing from January 1, 2015, for Sahara Energy Resources Ltd; Aiteo Energy and Duke Oil. According to her, “NNPC strongly recommended and outlined the benefits of the OPA over the swaps and put forward the case for migration from the OPA and crude exchange (SWAP) contracts to OPAs fully. “NNPC posited that the ‘experienced benefits of the OPA to the Federation’ would be much greater. All approvals were due process-driven and were only given by the Minister, following formal statutory written requests, which contained the technical basis for the renewal and were sent to the Minister by the GMD-NNPC, as is the normal practice. “NNPC had clearly requested for the approval of the Minister for ‘Renewal of the Crude Oil – Refined Products Exchange Agreement’ and ‘Renewal of Offshore Processing Agreement’ on all the various occasions outlined earlier in this press release.” Her spokesman further noted that “whereas, it is the Minister’s responsibility to either give or refuse ‘approval’, it was not within her purview as Minister to draft, initiate or conclude the processes of signing the final contracts. “It is the statutory responsibility of NNPC to ensure that all technical areas are duly covered and all requisite due process parameters are duly implemented.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/24bn-oil-swapopa-deals-they-lied-against-me-diezani/

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/24bn-oil-swapopa-deals-they-lied-against-me-diezani/
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by dukie25: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2016
They're doing everything to bring her down because she stepped on many toes.
If they have anything against her they would have produced the evidence long time ago.
Even Britain don't have evidence she laundered money.

Free the lovely Diezy Ja re.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by mynd1(f): 11:14am On Feb 24, 2016
Hmm.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by 9jatriot(m): 11:33am On Feb 24, 2016
Ah madam, why your former staff de lie against you na. Kindly meet with the senate on the date they asked you to come to explain this thing you are saying here, they are usually very understanding people and speak the same language with you so no need to fear.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Emmatdayo(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
Ah madam, why your former staff de lie against you na. Kindly meet with the senate on the date they asked you to come to explain this thing you are saying here, they are usually very understanding people and speak the same language with you so no need to fear.
hmmm i disagree with u oo,those people no dey pity person o,i remember last year when okonjo-iweala had to face them
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by dgr8truth(m): 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sometimes i just wonder what we enjoy when we laundered the image and reputation of other people. The other day the president, who have unlimited access to quality information said so far there is no concrete evidence that this woman abuse her office or laundered our common patrimony but non of us want to believe the president, because what the president said is against our emotional conviction of Mrs Diezani.

APC and some powerful individual has used the media to create in our subconscious, Diezani, a woman of immeasurable guilt, and as such we see her as public enemy two after GEJ.

The APC government at the federal level has been in office for 9 months and counting and still they have said anything about the purported missing $20billion dollars, commonly believed to have been stolen by GEJ, Diezani and their cronies.

#IRefuseToBeFooled.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by DropShot: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ole. Thief. Barawo.

It's a shame that all the youths that have been privileged to hold position of leadership and authority have failed woefully. Hence I find it difficult to align with the "youths being leaders of tomorrow" crap.

The list of failed youths is endless:
1. Dimeji Bankole
2. Farouk Lawan
3. Stella Oodua
4. Fani kayode
5. Diezanni
6. Saraki
Etc.

If all the above and many other youths had done well, Nigeria would have been better than the sorry state she is now.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Raphael81(m): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
oh lord give this woman strength to come back to Nigeria and answer her queries,forgive her all her sins and grant her the strength to face the full violent force of the Nigerian criminal justice system.Amen

1 Like

Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by psquaret: 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
come home come tell us after all na here them for born you, why you come they another man country they throw words to us?
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by SeverusSnape(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
DropShot:
Ole. Thief. Barawo.

It's a shame that all the youths that have been privileged to hold position of leadership and authority have failed woefully. Hence I find it difficult to align with the "youths being leaders of tomorrow" crap.

The list of failed youths is endless:
1. Dimeji Bankole
2. Farouk Lawan
3. Stella Oodua
4. Fani kayode
5. Diezanni
6. Saraki
Etc.

If all the above and many other youths had done well, Nigeria would have been better than the sorry state she is now.
... And you forgot to add something.

They are all ipod youths, aren't they?
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by DropShot: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

... And you forgot to add something.

They are all ipod youths, aren't they?
You always don't make sense.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by SeverusSnape(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
DropShot:
You always don't make sense.
Passingshot grin so na you come dey make sense??... Abeg no make me laugh.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Flexherbal(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Whether she is right or wrong, we need evidence.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by DropShot: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Passingshot grin so na you come dey make sense??... Abeg no make me laugh.
Do a poll, get it to the fp and clear your doubt.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by SeverusSnape(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
DropShot:
Do a poll, get it to the fp and clear your doubt.
I'm not a jobless sycophant like yourself. Thanks.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by DropShot: 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
[s]
SeverusSnape:

I'm not a jobless sycophant like yourself. Thanks.
[/s]
Hypocrite.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by SeverusSnape(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s] Hypocrite.
Sycophantic Hypocrite.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by DropShot: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Sycophantic Hypocrite.
Sore Loser!
cheesy grin cheesy grin
grin cheesy grin
cheesy grin
cheesy
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Nijagobeta: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:

Madam no fit come becuz madam passport dey oyibo hand for UK. She is on state arrest grin

Even if dem see that thing for madam under she will say Na cocumber
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Babacele: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
madam yes come show us records and documents to support your claims. shikena!
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by SeverusSnape(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
DropShot:

Sore Loser!
cheesy grin cheesy grin
grin cheesy grin
cheesy grin
cheesy
Head sycophant. When is your next article on the "achievements of Buhari" coming out??
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by DropShot: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
[s]
SeverusSnape:

Head sycophant. When is your next article on the "achievements of Buhari" coming out??
[/s]
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by 9jatriot(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
No that case was different. NOI was forming I don have time attitude for them, de form say she de sick and make dem even happy say she agree to come, na em dem vex tell her to go recover and come back latter. Okpolo eye only needs to carry Ghana must go with scarce dollars (as Ghana must go scarce for this executive people), and she go get clean bill of health and the former GMD wen come talk, na em go de trouble for tarnishing the image of an illustrious daughter.

Emmatdayo:
hmmm i disagree with u oo,those people no dey pity person o,i remember last year when okonjo-iweala had to face them
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Emmatdayo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
grin
9jatriot:
No that case was different. NOI was forming I don have time attitude for them, de form say she de sick and make dem even happy say she agree to come, na em dem vex tell her to go recover and come back latter. Okpolo eye only needs to carry Ghana must go with scarce dollars (as Ghana must go scarce for this executive people), and she go get clean bill of health and the former GMD wen come talk, na em go de trouble for tarnishing the image of an illustrious daughter.

Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by Stalwert: 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ode come home and explain. Instead of hiding.
Re: $24bn Oil Swap/opa Deals: They Lied Against Me—diezani by 9jatriot(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
Cocumber? not carrot or candle?
Nijagobeta:

Madam no fit come becuz madam passport dey oyibo hand for UK. She is on state arrest grin

Even if dem see that thing for madam under she will say Na cocumber

(1) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Leaders That Died In Office (photos) / Fayose Will Be Begged By His People To Intercede On Their Behalf / Buhari And The Shameful Lies Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.