Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) (2853 Views)

17 Famous International Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians. / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. / 10 International Celebrities That Are Of Igbo Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by henryanna36: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
It’s always so heartwarming to see Nigerians doing great things abroad.Sometimes, we tend to watch our favourite international celebs on screen, yet we have no idea what their full names are let alone their background as most of their fans tend to identify them with their screen names.However, Nigerians are doing a lot of good things by making their country and self proud across the world. While it is not an easy feat to become an international celebrity, several Nigerians have excelled in entertainment and have made a good name for themselves.

Here are 15 of them you probably didn’t even know were Nigerians,their photos arranged in the order their names appear below...

1.Gbenga Akinnagbe

Gbenga Akinnagbe (born December 12, 1978) is an American actor and writer, best known for his role as Chris Partlow on the HBO series The Wire and also the last instalment of 24where he acted alongside Kiefer Sutherland.

Akinnagbe was born in Washington, D.C., the son of Nigerian parents who are of Yoruba descent. He was raised in Silver Spring, Maryland.

2. Chiwetel Ejiofor

British actor, Chiwetel Ejiofor is one of the world’s famed Hollywood faces and he’s of Igbo origin. He’s featured in top movies including 12 Years A Slave, Secret In Their Eyes, Half Of A Yellow Sun, The Martian and others.

3. Adetomiwa Edun

Adetomiwa Edun is a British, Nigerian and Ghanaian actor. He was born to a Yoruba father and a Ghanaian mother.

Edun, who moved to the United Kingdom at the age of 11, has featured in movies like Slaves, Law & Order: UK, The Hour, Passengers. He is popularly known for his role in the TV series,Merlin, when he played ‘Sir Elyan’ and he became the second black in 2009 to play Romeo at the Globe Theatre.

4. Tinie Tempah

Patrick Chukwuemeka Okogwu, better known by his stage name Tinie Tempah, is an English rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. He has been signed to Parlophone Records since 2009, a subsidiary of Warner Music Group.

He was recently in Nigeria and worked with a number of Nigerian artists and even had a local shoot with famed photographer, TY Bello.

5. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is a British actor and former fashion model of Nigerian origin, born to Yoruba parents.

He is best known for his roles as Lock-Nah in The Mummy Returns, Nykwana Wombosi in The Bourne Identity, Mr. Eko on Lost and Simon Adebisi on Oz.

6. Ashley Madekwe

Ashley Madekwe is an English actress, best known for her role as social climber Ashley Davenport on the ABC drama seriesRevenge. As of 2014, she stars as Tituba in the WGN America series Salem.

7. John Boyega

John Boyega is a British actor best known for playing Finn in the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Boyega was born in Peckham, south London to Yoruba parents, Abigail and Samson. Other credits include historical fiction drama film Half of a Yellow Sun (2013), four episodes of the television series 24: Live Another Day and the dramaImperial Dreams (2014).

8. Caroline Chikezie

Caroline Chikezie is a British actress, best known for playing Sasha Williams in As If, Elaine Hardy in Footballers’ Wives and the Cyberwoman in Torchwood.

9. Hakeem Kae-Kazim

Hakeem Kae-Kazim is a Hollywood actor. He was born on October 1, 1962, in Lagos State to Nigerian parents from Abeokuta, Ogun State. He has featured in several hit movies such as Hotel Rwandan, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End and many TV series: 24, Lost, Law & Order, Criminal Minds amongst others.

10. Nonso Anozie

Nonso Anozie is an English actor who has worked on stage, film, and television. He is of Igbo Origin.

Anozie played small roles as Think Tank in Guy Ritchie’s filmRocknRolla and Frank Mace in Joe Wright’s Atonement. He played the lead in Cass a 2008 British crime drama film recreating The Life of Cass Pennant. In 2009, he appeared in the supporting cast of the BBC TV three-part 2003 Iraq War drama, Occupation, where he played a US Marine turned private military contractor.

11. Seal
Seal real names Henry Olusegun Olumide Adelo Samuel is a British singer and songwriter. Born on February 19, 1963 to Nigerian father, Francis Samuel and mother, Adebisi Ogundeji. He was married to model/TV personality, Heidi Klum for seven years with three kids together before they got separated in 2012.
The award winning R n B singer has won four Grammy Awards and an MTV Video Music Award amongst others. Seal has several hit songs which include ‘Kiss from the rose’, ‘Crazy‘, ‘Killer’, ‘Lips Like Sugar‘.

12. Lemar Obika

Lemar Obika, professionally known simply as Lemar, is an English R&B singer–songwriter and record producer. Lemar has had a run of chart success in the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.

13. Jacob Taio Cruz

British singer Jacob Taio Cruz is of Nigerian heritage. He was born on April 23, 1985, in London to a Nigerian father and a Brazillian mother. Cruz, who started writing songs when he was 12, was signed on a US publishing deal at just 18 years of age.

He began his song-writing career at the age of 19 and has won several awards some of which are: BRIT Awards, Billboard Music Awards, ASCAP Awards and American Music Awards.

14. Uzo Aduba

Uzoamaka Nwanneka “Uzo” Aduba is an American actress and singer. She is known for her role as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren on the Netflix television series Orange Is the New Black (2013–present), for which she won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2014, a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2015, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series in 2014 and 2015.

15. Nnamdi Asomugha

Nnamdi Asomugha is a former American football cornerback. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley, and was drafted in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/15-international-celebrities-you.html

Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by henryanna36: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2016

Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by henryanna36: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
henryanna36:
More
More

Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by henryanna36: 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
henryanna36:
More
more

Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
coool people...
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by khristals(m): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
like i care
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by cruzita(f): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
cool that last guys lips is so kissable
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by KingRex1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
cruzita:
cool that last guys lips is so kissable
Be finding lips to kiss.. U berra goan wash plates u ate with
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by onoikenna: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good.You guys should keep making Nigeria proud
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by stormtrooper: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
You were damn right! I had no idea that these celebrities were from Nigeria. One life to live, one life to learn. But although I follow the personal life of celebrities, I never crossed with these ones. So thank you for sharing this information. Your life is boring and you can't find nothing interesting to do? Follow celebrities. There's always something interesting happening in their lives. If you already have one in which you're interested, on https://celebnetworthinfo.com/ you find its biography. It's a good site which I found recently and which is part of my "celebrity spy network" - that's how I call the sites where I spy for celebrities.
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by Globalsailor: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
grin
Re: 15 International Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians(photos) by sexoha: 9:01am On Oct 29, 2020
You were damn right! I had no idea that these celebrities were from Nigeria. One life to live, one life to learn. But although I follow the personal life of celebrities, I never crossed with these ones. So thank you for sharing this information. Your life is boring and you can't find nothing interesting to do? Follow celebrities. There's always something interesting happening in their lives. If you already have one in which you're interested, on https://heightnetworth.com/ you find its biography. It's a good site which I found recently and which is part of my "celebrity spy network" - that's how I call the sites where I spy for celebrities.

(1) (Reply)

Miss Abdulmaliq Is Endowed, Check Out How She Fared In Today's Outfit / When You Used Football Age In School Instead Of Your Real Age (Hilarious Photo) / Kim Kardashian Sister Caught Dancing To Wizkid Songs (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.