Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today (39631 Views)

Control Of Federal Land: Lagos Defeats FG In Supreme Court / Tambuwal Loses In Supreme Court. His Governorship Nomination To Be Challenged / Rivers Judgment: Wike Sighted In Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Mztarstrechy(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
Senator representing Anambra North, Stella Oduah, has expressed gratitude to God, Nigerians and her supporters all over the country following her victory in the Supreme Court today.

According to a statement signed by her Press Secretary, Cynthia Ferdinand, Oduah disclosed this after listening to the Apex Court's rulinng that restated that the elections that brought her and other Anambra State federal lawmakers from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, into the National Assembly remains valid, as the issue was not even part of the judgement INEC was seeking clarification about.

She described her victory as a victory for democracy and the Nigerians at large while congratulating her colleagues.

“I’m delighted that the Supreme Court has clearly stated that the issue of primaries was not included in the appeal that came before.

“Supreme Court had ruled severally that only National Executive of a party can submit list to INEC.

“I want to thank Nigerians and everyone who has expressed support for me. I must say that this is a victory for democracy and Nigerians at large. The Judiciary without fear of favour or prejudice has allowed justice to be served.

“In the spirit of service I will continue to serve the good people of Anambra North and the nation at large by making deliberations that will move our nation forward,” Oduah said.

The Supreme Court, earlier today dismissed the case filed by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, seeking clarification on whether to withdraw the certificate of return issued to Senators Oduah, Andy Uba and other federal lawmakers of the PDP representing Anambra State.

According to the apex court ruling read by Hon. Justice J.N Okoro, he said, “The court shall not review any judgement given by it, as stated in the court rules.

“The judgement of this Court is final as reflected in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended. On the whole I hold the view that this court has no jurisdiction to entertain this motion from INEC, this matter is hereby stuck out.

The court maintained that issues of primaries were not the case presented before it but issues regarding the leadership of the Anambra State PDP chapter.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/just-in-oduah-reacts-to-scourt-ruling.html

12 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by hungryboy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Now The Chopping Continues(NTCC)

17 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by EasternActivist: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Congrats ma.
Is really a victory for our democracy.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Mjshexy(f): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmm so the quiet princess finally won, congrats

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by uzokasi1964(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
Maybe it because she is a woman or maybe not but i just can't get my self to like this stella oduah,and i just don't know why undecided
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Tunami(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
EasternActivist:
Congrats ma.
Is really a victory for our democracy.
point of correction, your democracy not our democracy.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by kennyman2000(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
madam, no disturb nairaland frontpage with ur victory jooor.. As if your victory will land the national cake on my table. Afterall, its all abt d national cake.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Sunnycliff(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
I admire your doggedness and your bull dog tenacity mentality. #enjoy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by bolt000(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
issorite we are getting there cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by ominiriches2016(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Welcome.
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Armstrong34(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
wat abt d 250 million naira for jus two cars......wetin Dem talk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
g
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by emydot(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Congrats.. Madam do the needful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by RegimentedCom(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Pls don't tell me nonsense! That woman can never win at the supreme: awon boiz ma gbajue.
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by petkoffDrake(m): 6:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
OK... She bribed d biggest

Maybe
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by sukkot: 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
stella your soul is required in hades
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Stanleywaxy(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
This woman pretty ooo cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by emeijeh(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
But wait o! All these politrickians no dey rest? The game no dey taya dem?
Na wah o!

#greed
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by lordempire(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Does that reduce the cost of garri?
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by geraldhumphrey(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
ko kan aye!
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Opharhe: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
I'm just imagining what would have happened if GEJ went to court against Buhari's victory.

Congrats Princess Oduah

5 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by bastien: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmmmmm i hear sy she chop our money

i hear say she is found guilty

i also hear say the people wey call her suspect no get strong evidence to back up

now i hear say she is free as a bird to sin more grin
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by ican2020: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good luck madam

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by saintkel(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good: sincerely speaking PDP "was" corrupt but d economy never felt it, here comes APC who is fighting corruption(let's assume dis), tooth and nail but yet it is even worse, d economy is decaying. Now I ask myself which is better for me? PDP or APC; well u be d judge!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by kingarizona1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Armstrong34:
wat abt d 250 million naira for jus two cars......wetin Dem talk

Ask DASUKI

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Princenady(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
The poster below me had his brain glued to d mothers womb that only d remnants left in his head were born wt him

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Donmams(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
As usual, a thief is celebrated in Igboland. So unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Where is efcc sef
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by anytaij: 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today by saintkel(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Donmams:
As usual, a thief is celebrated in Igboland. So unfortunate.
Another son of discord

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Cost Of Living, Petrol Rates In Oil Producing Countries / Crippled Man On A Wheelchair Protesting Against Buhari Led Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.