Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp (1725 Views)

APC And PDP Supporters Fighting In Suleja, Niger State / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) / Picture Of A Woman Clad In APC'S T-SHIRT And PDP'S Wrapper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by vigasimple(m): 1:09am On Jul 12, 2009
"No country is going to create wealth if its leaders exploit the economy to enrich themselves, or police can be bought off by drug traffickers," Obama said. "No business wants to invest in a place where the government skims 20 per cent off the top, or the head of the Port Authority is corrupt. No person wants to live in a society where the rule of law gives way to the rule of brutality and bribery. That is not democracy, that is tyranny, and now is the time for it to end."

"Africa doesn't need strong men, it needs strong institutions," Obama added

The above is the extract of the message by OBAMA to Nigerian govt led by President YAR A'DO NOTHING  or if you prefer  YAR A'CLUELESS. it sums up exactly what our govt do.

WILL THEY LISTEN?  my own bet is that , it is NOT in the gene of Nigerian govt and the PDP in particular who are consolidating power and turning Nigeria into A ONE PARTY STATE.

What do you guy think, will they listen, will they change or simply go on as if nothing matters?
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Gbawe: 8:17am On Jul 12, 2009
Bros , Nigerian leaders will remain indifferent to what Obama has said. It is like water off a Duck's back !!!! It is interesting that Obama used the example of a corrupt head of the Port authority. I have always insisted that most serious nations of the world have extremely serious security/intelligence agencies that makes them far more aware of what is going on in Nigeria than most Nigerians can fathom.

When Obama talked about a corrupt Port authority boss it will not have been lost on him that our current Port authority boss (Anenih) is one of the most corrupt men in Nigeria and also one of the most undemocratic as his past election-rigging precedence indicates. in fact I think we can all safely surmise that Anenih has been brought in for one thing alone - ensuring Yar Adua is (s)elected back as President in 2011 !!!!

Many World leaders will wonder why we have ressurected such a destructive Dinosaur (Anenih). They are only left to conclude that we are still happy to remain in the dark, nearnderthal  ages !!! Most leaders of the World , in the end and even against their moral inclination , will do what those before them have done i.e carry on trading with us since 'our problems' is not their problem and it must not be allowed to prevent them from gaining from us. If Obama , perhaps because of his African origin , is now keen to be more vocal about the indolent and corrupt nature of African leaders , while galvanising the youth towards progressive actions , we should welcome that.

Most wise observers know that Obama is no Messiah. He is , at most , a decent guy who speaks well albeit perhaps a tad simplistic and nebulous at times . Nonetheless any criticism of African leaders should not be inspected too minutely for ulterior motives by us Africans. We are the ones who know where "the shoe pinches" and we are the ones who should be happy and supportive of anyone and anything that highlights Africa's main problem - inadequate leadership !!!
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by abt(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2009
vigasimple:

"No country is going to create wealth if its leaders exploit the economy to enrich themselves, or police can be bought off by drug traffickers," Obama said. "No business wants to invest in a place where the government skims 20 per cent off the top, or the head of the Port Authority is corrupt. No person wants to live in a society where the rule of law gives way to the rule of brutality and bribery. That is not democracy, that is tyranny, and now is the time for it to end."

"Africa doesn't need strong men, it needs strong institutions," Obama added

The above is the extract of the message by OBAMA to Nigerian govt led by President YAR A'DO NOTHING  or if you prefer  YAR A'CLUELESS. it sums up exactly what our govt do.

WILL THEY LISTEN?  my own bet is that , it is NOT in the gene of Nigerian govt and the PDP in particular who are consolidating power and turning Nigeria into A ONE PARTY STATE.

What do you guy think, will they listen, will they change or simply go on as if nothing matters?

I hope they listen & heed to what he said,
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 9:50am On Jul 12, 2009
Gbawe,

Wetin bring anenih issue inside- did obama refer to A, Pls next time ensure u read the thread properly before u make ur post.

Come to think of it- was the port authority not manage by corrupt custom officials b4 he came in the board.

Also is the govt he served as minister not far better than the present yaradua government.

NONSENSE
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by amarilo: 9:56am On Jul 12, 2009
fegflu:

Gbawe,
Wetin bring anenih issue inside- did obama refer to A, Pls next time ensure u read the thread properly before u make ur post.
Come to think of it- was the port authority not manage by corrupt custom officials b4 he came in the board.
Also is the govt he served as minister not far better than the present yaradua government.
NONSENSE
Are u ok? If the Govt Anenih served is better then this why then did that govt gave us this present one?
Are u a beneficiary of Anenih's loot?
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2009
Dat was not the issue Obamas question was suppose to address. I mean we should focus on the quote raise by obama and not using this forum to chastise people.
Our polity is corrupt, the institutions in it is corrupt, the society is corrupt. Ask u self the reason- POVERTY.
Now for u to survive politically in this type of system - u dont expect to be a bornagain christain otherwise chris okotie would have been president. U hav 2 know the tricks i it. and be a perfectionist in this venture.
The guy is just a product of the political system. he is not evil. that is my piont.

Pls focus on changing the system for good and not on people who have helped shaped the system.

Come to think of it- is he still active in the political arena. the answer is NO. But is the still not still corrupt .0r is it not still worst that it was before. So are u going to say now that he caused it,

NONSENSE.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by bombsquad(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2009
Those things obama raised are not peculiar to nigeria alone my brother, but we all have a lot to learn, though more importantly,obama should have backed up his attacks with more practical solutions, or even went ahead to invite all african leaders to a general summit, instead of coming to play big brother and tongue lash us
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2009
dat is not his priority.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by vigasimple(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2009
bombsquad:

Those things obama raised are not peculiar to nigeria alone my brother, but we all have a lot to learn, though more importantly,obama should have backed up his attacks with more practical solutions, or even went ahead to invite all african leaders to a general summit, instead of coming to play big brother and tongue lash us

I can break down those OBAMA message and apply it direct to individuals in Nigeria govt including YAR A'RULE OF NO LAW . Rememeber  RIBADU's EFCC  and comapare it to WAZIRI's plea bargaining. Alam's loot recorvered by RIBADU has just last week returned to Bayelsa state govt.

Our leaders has no shame that open tongue lashing by someone on the high profile of OBAMA may just be the only thing that may slowly get into their ears.

For instances as OBAMA was speaking in Accra Ghana, Akinyuli is throwing expensive wedding party for her daughter. She is only a minister on a small salary! think about that for a minute. What message are you sending to the ordinary people. Become a minister and have a good life and party for your children's wedding. REBRANDING my foot.

What practical solutions do you want him to back it up with, TO ASK THE USA TO COME AND RUN NIGERIA GOVT? common be real. What he is saying is for the youth to ask our leaders questions and take over our own future into our own hands rather than allow those expired, outdated people to ruin our future.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Gbawe: 11:54am On Jul 12, 2009
fegflu:

Gbawe,

NONSENSE

I can't help you see what you don't want to see. When the  past head of the Port Authority (Bode George) is a grossly corrupt individual and the current one (Anenih) is probably worse as far as corruption is concerned, who or which nation  will any reasonable individual assume Obama is talking about (in connection with African corruption) if not Anenih, George and Nigeria given everything ,to include some very obvious actions, we have seen Obama do of recent to 'shame' the "gaint of Africa" into assuming it rightful role as one of Africa's leading lights? How many Ports Authority bosses in Africa have been accused of stealing 100 billion Naira (or its equivalent) as George is accused of doing? Why don't we like confronting facts in Nigeria? Is it likely Obama is talking about anyone else other than those who are the embodiment of grossly unacceptable corruption?

My friend political analysis ,to include some of the reasonable non-factual considerations that can be inferred from permutations of events, is not about stating what is precisely and verifiably correct always.

I would suspect that no other Ports authority boss in Africa is more corrupt than the duo of George and Anenih. Obama may not have mentioned Anenih or George but it is only blind nationalism that will make anyone imagine that those two are entirely unconnected to Obama's utterance about corrupt Port Authority bosses given that American intelligence will probably have previously shown Obama that those two have stolen more than their African counterparts combined and multiplied by 100 !!!!!!
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Gbawe: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2009
vigasimple:

I can break down those OBAMA message and apply it direct to individuals in Nigeria govt including YAR A'RULE OF NO LAW . Rememeber RIBADU's EFCC and comapare it to WAZIRI's plea bargaining. Alam's loot recorvered by RIBADU has just last week returned to Bayelsa state govt.

Our leaders has no shame that open tongue lashing by someone on the high profile of OBAMA may just be the only thing that may slowly get into their ears.

or instances as he was speaking in Accra Ghana, Akinyuli is throwing expensive wedding party for her daughter. She is only a minister on a small salary! think about it

What practical solutions do you want him to back it up with, TO ASK THE USA TO COME AND RUN NIGERIA GOVT? common be real. What he is saying is for the youth to ask our leaders questions and take over our own future into our own hands rather than allow those expired, outdated people to ruin our future.

Precisely bruv and only a blindly nationalistic Nigerian will think that Obama is not speaking about Nigerian leaders indirectly !!! The corrupt excesses of our leaders ,that often dwarfs those seen elsewhere , is such that no decent person can fail to be personally nauseated and disgusted!!!! Corruption is endemic accross Africa but it is only unobjective nationalism that will make a Nigerian fail to see that our leaders (past and present) may be targeted personally for criticism by Obama for their own 'special' brand of wantonly callous looting and garish display of stolen wealth that has left a promising nation and people unacceptably underdeveloped.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
is the obama a saint. his 700k dollar home in chicago, his dealings with jewish billionare rekos, his relationship with david rockerfeller, Billionaire Soros and all those crooks that ruin wallstreets- that has helped to shape his campaign but via CNN and locally in the streets via community partcipation.
If u dont know- the whole recession and credit crunch tin was stage- by the powers that controll wallstreet- to enable him be in the position he is today.
The west is far more evil than africans,

Nonsense - coming here and b telling me about Anenih and Bode George.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2009
the problem wit africans is that we blow issues and events in our house to the open -publicly out of proportion.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Gbawe: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2009
fegflu:

is the obama a saint.

Never said he is . I also made it clear above that I don't consider him a Messiah and I don't think he has all the answers either:

Most wise observers know that Obama is no Messiah. He is , at most , a decent guy who speaks well albeit perhaps a tad simplistic and nebulous at times .

but , for once , can we Nigerians digest the message instead of allowing ourselves to be distracted by the 'Messenger' ?

Anenih and George , regardless of your views of Obama , must surely rank as some of the most corrupt Ports Authority bosses in Africa same as no one would object if Al Capone is viewed as the embodiment of criminality. When you think of a Nigerian master criminals does Lawrence "the law" Anini not come to mind? What is illogical in saying that George and Anenih are the inspiration for Obama's talk against corrupt African Ports Authority bosses?

The west is far more evil than africans,

Maybe so but I would not mind us to be as 'evil as the West' if that would mean more Africans having access to potable water, adequate healthcare, good education, nutritious food, decent road that are not death traps, suitable housing that disqualifies under the bridge dwelling , etc, etc. ultimately we can  claim the moral high ground but the conditions our people live in compared to those in the West does not bear out any supposition that Africa is less evil than the West. In fact , and in direct relation to Nigerian leaders , it can be argued that Africa is home to some of the most evil men and women in the World.

Nonsense - coming here and b telling me about Anenih and Bode George.

You may not like the mention of those two but you cannot escape how they typify the corrupt African ports Authority boss Obama is talking about. I think they inspired that part of his speech.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by agitator: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2009
@Gbawe

What you should understand is that their are so many sycophants on nairaland. Those in government are aware of this forum and their PA's are registered, so whenever you say anything against their masters they come out fuming with all manner of insults.

there is no way you can reason with them. Imagine the original poster mentioning the president,
vigasimple:

Anenih has been in and out of government. It's only in Nigeria that somebody in power will continue in office even after glaring allegations. Recently, ministers resigned in Britain over what even LGA councillors give to their children. Look how it was blown all over the press. Presently even the current Prime Minister is not sure of his political future. Why is it always annoying to some people when corrupt leaders are mention. Simple "They are sycophants".
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2009
While Obama was making these statements in Ghana, most of the so called leaders were busy re-branding Nigeria @ the venue of the "Misinformation" minister's daughter wedding. Even AIT had d nerves to air the wedding live when they wld have joined Obama @ Ghana.

Funny enough, AIT's action was deliberate because the anchor man said that they were about to go over to Ghana to join Obama's visit. Alas! After some commercials, they beamed str8 to the Oyibo man/ 'Nigerian' woman wedding. Shame to Dopkesi!
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2009
It can never be a surprise to me to see some nigerians doing everything possible to dispute the fact that Obama told us the truth to our face.

"No more excuses" - Obama.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Gbawe: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2009
agitator:

@Gbawe

What you should understand is that their are so many sycophants on nairaland. Those in government are aware of this forum and their PA's are registered, so whenever you say anything against their masters they come out fuming with all manner of insults.

there is no way you can reason with them.

It is highly likely you are correct. Thanks.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by wills(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ Gbawe and all people that stand for Truth!!!, Thanks for speaking like true enlightened Nigerians, and hitting the bulls eye with your arguements,

We all know the likes of Anenih and Bode George and the hundreds of them all over the land are shameless old men,whether they listen to Obama or not, let’s not bother ourselves with that, but at least for one thing we know and should be glad about, is that a world leader is out rightly scolding them and saying it the way it should be said.

To me this sets a precedent and in the future we will see the same condemnation coming from other world leaders specifically towards bad and corrupt leadership in Africa, who always wants to seek legitimacy from the west, yet perpetuate evil and irresponsible governance.

All apologist of the Thieving Anenih, Bode George, and PDP on this forum, shame on you too, and that goes for anyone standing in defence of Anenih and Bode George by claiming obama is not a saint, what a lame and unenlightened argument, What a waste,, Nonsense indeed.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by vigasimple(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2009
I know that OBAMA message can relate to so many countries in Africa but it is just too direct to Nigeria in particular.

Let us break it down just on the 2 paragraphs above.

1. Leaders enrich themsleves, therefore citizen will not be well not to talk of creating wealth

2. Police corruption- 2020 Naira notes. How do you trust or respect a man in the uniform that will take N20 from the accussed to turn victim into accussed. so whoever steal more can then buy justice.

3. Bribery is the other of the day either at govt offices/ministry or banks before you can get anything done. If you alraedy pay 20% and in some cases more to obtain contract, can you honestly carry out the contract with the remainder of the monies or do it properly.

4. PORT corruption- straight Bode George and Anineh

5. Electoral rigging is not rule of law but rule of tyrannt.

6.There are weak MEN calling themselves strong simply by doing Ritual oaths. We need strong institutions NOT godfathers.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by mustafar1: 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2009
fegflu should go ahead and give these thieves the chieftancy title they deserve
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2009
Gbawe, must a far and others,

There is no need remaining here and inciting people. If u think u can do better than those pple. Go to ur hmetown and get a PDP card. and try to manovuer ur way to the top. and wen u get there try to lobby for appiontment. and wen u are finally given one. Try , try and see if u can change things , or if u can do better than them,

Think about it. U think politics is about fairness. It about continous compromising ur position, ok
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by MrCrackles(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2009
No more bloody excuses. . . . . grin
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fegflu: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2009
Becommrich,

Read my text properly- 2 understand my message.

I want them to go and register in any Nigerian political party.

So that they can start changing things for the better- from there. Nairaland is a forum to share ideas not a political platform.

Finally:
I did nt say they should join parties 2 steal,
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by mustafar1: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2009
who is using this place as a political platform? saying we shouldnt critique them because of whatever reason is just plain . . . . .
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Tudor6(f): 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2009
Nigerians are very good in writing insightful articles and voicing their opinions on talk shows, but when it comes to action nobody is willing to stand up.
Yara'mumu and his cohorts will keep raping our arses until we actually do something about it. . . .so, WHO WILL BELL THE CAT??
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by yommyuk: 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2009
I don't think joining any political party is the answer. How can one join a band of theives?

All We can do is stand up against them. Voicing our opinion openly and boldly hence sending a strong message to the
political elite.

This forum is a just another avenue.

Obama could have done a Tony blair - (like shaking obasanjo's hands behind close door at Downing street)

To cut the story short Nigerian politics is disgusting angry
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by fyneguy: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2009
I think the $5 million paid for blogging is already at work on nairaland.

There's a new trend of Yaradua govt support going on now.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by Edoji: 12:51am On Jul 13, 2009
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by agabaI23(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2009
Why should they beware? He said it as it is.
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by vigasimple(m): 1:19am On Jul 13, 2009
Edoji:

Africa should beware the Obama Rhetoric
http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1123:ghana-visit-africa-should-beware-obama-rhetoric&catid=25:politics&Itemid=37

What is OBAMA rhetorics?  Are those things he said facts or fictions?

Are your leaders not bleeding you to death. Election rigging, corruption at the Ports. Bribery at the ministries to get contracts. Bad infrastructures, N2020 Naira police.

I think it is people like you that we should beware of, who are being told to beware of the truth.

Ask yourselves, if OBAMA was a Nigeria, will he ever be voted as the President without godfather or name recognition.

NIGERIA is a very very sick country, you can take that to the bank, you will get paid for it, because it is the fact.

NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION, AWFUL LEADERSHIP grin grin grin
Re: Obama Direct Message To Yar A'lament And Pdp by chukatony(m): 2:03am On Jul 13, 2009
The American Revolution the last half of the 18th century
The French Revolution of 1789
The Russian Revolution of 1917
The English Revolution 1640-1660
The German Revolution (German: Novemberrevolution) lasted from November 1918 until the formal establishment of the Weimar Republic in August 1919.
The word revolution has become a bad word. The moment some people set their eyes on the word or their ears pick up the word, the image that forms in their minds is evil. But indeed revolution is an event that is supposed to bring about drastic, lasting and valuable change in social, political and economical life of people.

We can mention the American revolution, French revolution, Industrial revolution and some other revolutions that needed to erupt to add pleasant colour to man's life. So revolutions represent the good and beautiful.
Ghana has seen two significant revolutions. And these revolutions have brought remarkable changes to the land.

Kwame Nkrumah's revolution ended for us and indeed Africa's bondage and oppression imposed by the British. Jerry John Rawlings' revolution has made coup unpopular and has helped implant multi-party democracy in Ghana. We have become the envy of other countries. We cannot wait for another revolution. It should be here with us.

After over 50 years of political independence, it makes pure sense today to call for Economic Independence Now (EIN). We deserve a revolution of Golden Age of Economics. We have been called upon to do away with our poverty mentality. But without Economic independence, we cannot heed to this call because the reality is that majority of us are poor, hopeless and helpless.
says www.allAfrica.com
Lets awake and create a future for ourselves, all these talk talk no go solve our problem. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Filing False Financial Statements Is A Felony By Bankers / Sgf Yayale Is The Greatest Betrayer-turai. / Efcc Legal Dept gutted by fire,files destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.