Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m (12189 Views)

Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation / Ojogbane Adegbe: 'Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up On Arms Deal' / How Ojogbane Adegbe Transported N10bn In 17 Suitcases To PDP Chiefs - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by sambisaman: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
A former Aide-de-Camp to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Ojogbane Adegbe, has sued the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission at the Federal Territory High Court in Gudu, demanding N100m compensation for alleged unlawful detention by the anti-graft agency.

Adegbe said he had been in the EFCC detention since February 11, 2016 without being charged with any offence.

The suit with number CV/995/16 was filed by the plaintiff through his counsel, Ogwu Onoja (SAN), on February 17, 2016.

The suit is to come for hearing before Justice Y. Halilu on Friday.

The plaintiff contended in his suit that the EFCC by his continued detention violated his right to personal liberty and freedom of movement guaranteed under Section 35 and 41 of the 1999 Constitution.

He also contended that the EFCC’s action violated Articles 5, 6 and 12 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

The plaintiff said he was summoned by Army authorities from the United Kingdom where he was attending a course after he finished serving as Jonathan’s ADC on May 29, 2015 – to face EFCC interrogation.

His brother, Daniel Adegbe, who deposed to an affidavit in support of the suit, stated that the EFCC had continued to detain the ex-ADC despite the fact that the anti-graft agency had obtained his statement on the day he was arrested.

The plaintiff is seeking the following prayers, “A declaration that the arrest and continued detention of the applicant by the respondent since February 11, 2016 is unconstitutional as it offends his right to personal liberty as guaranteed by Section 35 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

“An order directing the respondent to release the applicant from unlawful detention with immediate effect.

“Or, in the alternative to Prayer 2, hereof; an order admitting the applicant to bail, pending his trial in a court of competent jurisdiction.

“N100m as general damages for unlawful detention of the applicant.

“A written apology by the respondent to the applicant.”

http://www.punchng.com/jonathans-ex-adc-files-n100m-suit-against-efcc/

2 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Truepee(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Wake me up when he withdraws the case, i hope the judge won't let him off with 10,000 naira fine like tarfa

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by slinkky(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
I hope he will not later withdraw the case like Ricky Tarfa did.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Adminisher: 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is what we expected all looters and yam eaters to do. Dont shout "trial by media" , sue for defamation, libel and enforcement of rights. A lot of the looters that people have been defending are actually guilty and they know it.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by EazyMoh(m): 11:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good for him. Buy he should be careful not to be in bad books of EFCC. that agency is tactically created to make your life miserable, guilty or not!

9 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Godsonkemz(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Handiwork of APC government

7 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by 2undeee(m): 7:47am On Feb 25, 2016
sambisaman:

http://www.punchng.com/jonathans-ex-adc-files-n100m-suit-against-efcc/

Y dem allow am even go course for ogbodo Oyinbo u Wey suppose dey sambisa forest after all waitin u nd ur GEJ do Nigerians u come get mouth dey sue for 100000000 na trillion u for ask for Omo ole jatijati

3 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by NetBizguy: 7:49am On Feb 25, 2016
bleeped up nation
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 25, 2016
Army is now a toy to efcc
I smell doom looming ahead

9 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Last2comment(m): 7:49am On Feb 25, 2016
Please wake me up when someone goes to jail for corruption in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by otokx(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2016
All this back and forth movement, was he not the one that recanted the first time? The courts should treat these cases with speed, he is innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by ITbomb(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2016
Sue for illegal detention?

I thought he should have sued for libel and false accusations, then go ahead to present evidence

4 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by PeinDanzo(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2016
EazyMoh:
Good for him. Buy he should be careful not to be in bad books of EFCC. that agency is tactically created to make your life miserable, guilty or not!

Bro, ah dot undatand what u said here? ..u high on a can of horse pu'ke ? Bro? ..efcc no yams, we giv yams efcc, jonatan no pull us bak, dat is wat we wanted ..So WWF- Buhara vs Yams vs Efcc vs Jonahan! smiley
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by ManagerUgo(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2016
Its very unlawful to have one detained for over 48 hours without any trial by a competent court of jurisdiction. Whether guilty or not, it is an infringement on ones fundamental human rights. Something ought to be done fast about this unlawful detention b4 it degenerates to another thing.

19 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Progressive01(m): 7:54am On Feb 25, 2016
He'll withdraw the case and pay EFCC N100, 000 tomorrow and his trial will continue as planned. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by ibadanfinest(m): 7:55am On Feb 25, 2016
The man lawyer dey stylishly and strategically seek for bail. All these 100m damages na fronting. We get scope for naija die
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Amanwulu1(m): 7:57am On Feb 25, 2016
Unfortunately buhari has infected a larger section of d populatn wit dumbness. They keep shouting dis one is corrupt gej is corrupted wen no court has convicted dem after a long period of unlawful detentn. Ome fool said yesterday dat d SE are celebrating Pretty corrupt Odua n I wonder wen she was convicted witout going to jail, yet these are d fools who keep insulting our sensibility wit a constant yell "go to court n present what ur charges against Tinubu, fashola, amechi n other apc celebrated crooks. I keep asking d ppl they detain n call corrupt which court has condemned dem even after their trials. FYI I don't defend anybody jst dat everybody deserves a fair hearing despite d hate.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by yjgm(m): 8:01am On Feb 25, 2016
The EFCC will soon charge him to court after they are through with the 14 days extension of detention they got for him. So let him wait.
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by measideyhere(m): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2016
the nigerian judicial system has refused to earn recognition for itself...its suppposed to be dreaded by the wrong doers and a voice for the upright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by pincerestor(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2016
Ok, continue!!!
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by ednut1(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2016
how many pple EFCC don ever convict self. na only mumu silly media trials dem sabi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by talktimi(m): 8:09am On Feb 25, 2016
Broom waving witches and wizards administration of impunity

6 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by luvbeloved(m): 8:10am On Feb 25, 2016
EFCC is causing all this upsurge....if u have evidence against the guy...charge him to court already. this whole anti corruption war is already looking like child's play to me already. So much arrest and no concrete case in court....could it be true that this govt is trying to divert our attention from its incompetence with all the media ranting?...why did I even vote them self?....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 25, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Army is now a toy to efcc
I smell doom looming ahead

They are not above the law, if they steal they must face the music. The era of the untouchable uniform is ending. cool
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by TechWalker007: 8:14am On Feb 25, 2016
With all the razzmatazz, EFCC has not been able to get conviction against anyone.
They'll rather blame the judiciary for not prostrating and doing Buhari's bidding.

2 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Jirate(m): 8:24am On Feb 25, 2016
luvbeloved:
EFCC is causing all this upsurge....if u have evidence against the guy...charge him to court already. this whole anti corruption war is already looking like child's play to me already. So much arrest and no concrete case in court....could it be true that this govt is trying to divert our attention from its incompetence with all the media ranting?...why did I even vote them self?....

The boded part of your comment says it all, Unlawful Detention" is not allowed in any Good Democracy any where in the world.

5 Likes

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by 1shortblackboy: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2016
A repost for those Nigrians commonly described as zombies
Amanwulu1:
Unfortunately buhari has infected a larger section of d populatn wit dumbness. They keep shouting dis one is corrupt gej is corrupted wen no court has convicted dem after a long period of unlawful detentn. Ome fool said yesterday dat d SE are celebrating Pretty corrupt Odua n I wonder wen she was convicted witout going to jail, yet these are d fools who keep insulting our sensibility wit a constant yell "go to court n present what ur charges against Tinubu, fashola, amechi n other apc celebrated crooks. I keep asking d ppl they detain n call corrupt which court has condemned dem even after their trials. FYI I don't defend anybody jst dat everybody deserves a fair hearing despite d hate.
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by chi4ik4(m): 8:33am On Feb 25, 2016
this is no longer democracy but dictocracy. change my $ss

1 Like

Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:35am On Feb 25, 2016
idiotic eteritofoolism chai mumu dey smell
Re: Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 25, 2016
Hey dude, it's too early for another tarfa stunt! Uugh!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Charges NBA President With N1.4bn Fraud / Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Will Pay A Price, Borrowings May Continue – Femi Adesina / Delta 2023: Omo-Agege, Keyamo Others Serve PDP Quit Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.