Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? (3760 Views)

OMG! Watch This Woman Give Birth On Her Own While Standing! (Disturbing Video) / 'Oldest Mother In The World' - Woman Give Birth At 64. / Woman Give Birth To A Baby With 4 Legs In Hospital (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by branhampaul: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Because the biBle states that WOMEN SHOULD SUMMIT THEMSELF TO THEIR HUSBAND, does this mean that when a woman who is working in a big firm receive her salary (MAYBE #100,000), and her husband demands for everything,
should she give it to her husband Even When The Husband Has A Job That Pays #300,000
Monthly.
if she resist, is it a SIN?
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by victorava(m): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
Not yet married.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by phensbassey: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
first of all its irrational on the husband's part to ask for the whole thing, secondly the wife worked hard for that money..so its hers.. the rational thing to do is to agree on how much of her income will be devoted to the family...

6 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by viceldo(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
Well It Depend On The Lady...There Must Be An Understanding Before Such Things Happen...But I've Never Seen Such....
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by johnson232: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
YES!!!
she should give everything to her husband...

Remember the bible instructed a woman to submit herself and her salary(EVERYTHING) ...

A Woman who do not submit herself and her salary to her husband is a sinner... smiley

It is in the Bible...
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kilode? Him own salary no do? To me, that's greed or d desire to stifle d wife so dat she will b totally dependent on him. They can share financial responsibilities but not d woman giving him all her salary.

Only an extremely jealous, greedy, egocentric and uncultured man will do dat.

11 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by SolexxBarry(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
Only if there's a family budget dat d man alone can't meet,if not,don't tink its right

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by phensbassey: 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
johnson232:
YES!!!

Remember the bible instructed a woman to submit herself and her salary(EVERYTHING) ...

A Woman who do not submit herself and her salary to her husband is a sinner... smiley

It is in the Bible...
yea right, but that doesn't mean you as a husband should greedily collect everything from her, as a woman, she has to take care of her self physicaly and other wise, which she does with her salary...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by olamds(m): 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
As An Husband I Have The Right To Know How My Wife Collect As Salary But That Doesn't Mean I Should Collect All From Her.....I Will Even Give Her Pocket Money Join .....(((SOLAMDS)))

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by johnson232: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
phensbassey:
yea right, but that doesn't mean you as a husband should greedily collect everything from her, as a woman, she has to take care of her self physicaly and other wise, which she does with her salary...
U got a point...
Let's say she gives 90% to her husband and keep 10% for her upkeep.

That should be a fair deal... smiley
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by cyprus000: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
johnson232:
YES!!!

It is in the Bible...
[size=13pt]
Stop using bible to justify hogwash. The same bible told you in 1 timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
The bible did not say "if any man with his woman did not provide". Tho that doesn't mean that women shouldn't assist when necessary.

Any man who expect his wife to work and give him all her salary, is nothing but a shameless lazy man.

[/size]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmmmm...come to think of it, na serious issue b dis ooo and it may b happening in some families.
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by phensbassey: 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
johnson232:
U got a point... Let's say she gives 90% to her husband and keep 10% for her upkeep.
smiley that should do...
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by phensbassey: 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
johnson232:
U got a point... Let's say she gives 90% to her husband and keep 10% for her upkeep.
smiley that should do...
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by Yustash001(m): 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
Not all....but I don't see any wrong in giving him part of if he's broke...A good husband won't even request for the whole salary of his wife..
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by duduade: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Say wetin happen...?
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by byvan03: 11:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
What does that even mean? Give up her salary on what basis? Joint account /investment? Be specific. If he is broke, you both can always share but giving on the basis of right is crazy .

Seriously only a lousy man will be so keen to collect her hard earned salary just because he is a husband. Which woman wan give you her salary for no reason in the first place undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by baby124: 11:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
LOL, so why is she working if she cannot spend her wages? Are you trying to say she is a Slave? So she should give you her salary so that a few years down the line you will use the proceeds to marry yellow sisi. I pity women that do this.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by cococandy(f): 1:37am On Feb 25, 2016
I thought the man is the provider and the woman the manager?
He should get his salary and hand it all to her so that she can manage it for the home.
cool

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by Pidggin(f): 1:54am On Feb 25, 2016
The same Bible that says a woman should submit to her husband also says "Any man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel"

This means if she submits her salary to him, he will be committing a sin if he uses it.
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by lilmax(m): 2:22am On Feb 25, 2016
See definition of submission.....smh
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by baby124: 3:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Pidggin:
The same Bible that says a woman should submit to her husband also says "Any man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel"

This means if she submits her salary to him, he will be committing a sin if he uses it.
Wow, you are making sense today.
Only an infidel will eye another human beings wages. That is greed and more greed. Women, don't marry greedy men

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by anonimi: 4:39am On Feb 25, 2016
Pidggin:

The same Bible (and I imagine the Koran and our traditional religious morals) have several passages admonishing women to CONTRIBUTE to the running of the household, not so
Meanwhile =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2903355_TMPSNAPSHOT1442506171865_jpg1541717be5c19596695f6e24c269b534
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by lily12(f): 4:43am On Feb 25, 2016
branhampaul:
Because the biBle states that WOMEN SHOULD SUMMIT THEMSELF TO THEIR HUSBAND, does this mean that when a woman who is working in a big firm receive her salary (MAYBE #100,000), and her husband demands for everything,
should she give it to her husband?
if she resist, is it a SIN?

I'm not married yet, but if my husband requested that I give him my salary, why not? If I made more money, I might do it without him asking just to remind him that his income does not define him or affect my love and respect for him.

If a wife does not do it and the husband has not asked or made it clear that he wants her to do it, why would it be a sin? If he asks and she resists, then I would say yes, it is sin and will cause resentment down the line. As long as the money is not squandered, submission is not used as an excuse for abuse, and he is being a loving provider and leader per the instructions of the same Bible you invoke, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Then again, as I think about it, I don't see why a man would need his woman to give him her salary. but if he asks, and they are married, she should do it. Submission is what she signed up for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by jaz(m): 5:18am On Feb 25, 2016
It starts from the fact that the woman has no business running around to economically support the home it's the man's job to provide for the home including the needs of the wife while the wife cares for the family.
But today's realities have clouded that fact due to education and western culture of equal rights and poverty.
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by jnrbayano(m): 7:12am On Feb 25, 2016
cococandy:
He should get his salary and hand it all to her so that she can manage it for the home.
cool

Are you okay? smiley
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by dahmie2013: 7:17am On Feb 25, 2016
Ppl be coining D Bible 2 suit deir selfish interest.
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by jnrbayano(m): 7:24am On Feb 25, 2016
Op I wanna believe you were just asking and never have such mentality.

In submitting herself is she exam papers and her husband the examiner?

Bible is written to guide and not to confuse. Read it well.
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by jnrbayano(m): 7:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Op I wanna believe you were just asking and never have such mentality.

In submitting herself is she exam papers and her husband the examiner?

Bible is written to guide and direct, not to confuse. Read it well.
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by branhampaul: 7:51am On Feb 25, 2016
byvan03:
What does that even mean? Give up her salary on what basis? Joint account /investment? Be specific. If he is broke, you both can always share but giving on the basis of right is crazy .

Seriously only a lousy man will be so keen to collect her hard earned salary just because he is a husband. Which woman wan give you her salary for no reason in the first place undecided.
My Mum Does It
Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by bukatyne(f): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2016
cococandy:
cool

It gets hilarious daily smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2016
lilmax:
See definition of submission.....smh

You go fear na...

It is easier 'submitting' to God than some of these peeps

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex With Cousin More Pleasurable? / Help Me My Artificial Leg Is Bad / Nigeria Might Need More Divorces By Peculiar Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.