Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Rich Or Poor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rich Or Poor? (489 Views)

Father Mbaka Continues His Charity Work For The Poor, Gives Them Cheque (Pics) / 2017 Prophecies of Pastor E A Zack Of Get Rich or Die Trying Ministry / The Difference Between A Rich And A Poor Mindsets That Makes One Rich Or Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rich Or Poor? by SonofIssachar: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
Author Unknown

One day, a financially comfortable father decided to take his son to the country, with the purpose of showing him how poor people live, and that the son could understand the value of things, and realize how fortunate they were.

They stayed overnight at a very humble family's farm for one day and one night. As the trip ended, and during their return home, the father asked his son:

So what did you think of the trip?

It was great, dad!

Did you see how poor and needy some people have to live?

Yes!

And what did you learn?

I saw that we have one dog in the house, but they have four. We have a huge swimming pool, but they have a river that never ever ends. We have imported lamps in the patio, they have the stars. Our backyard ends at the fence, but theirs goes on and on into the horizon.
Especially though, dad, I saw that they have time to talk to each other and live as a family. You and Mom have to work all day, and I hardly see you both!

As the conversation ended, the father remained silent, and his son added: Thanks Dad, for showing me how rich we could be!

Meditation: And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.” – Luke 12:15

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

The Mistake Of Venial Sin / Is It Wrong? / Q & A On Homosexuallity, Lesbianism & Other Tormenting Habits, With Pst Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.