Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments (25050 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC / APC Governors Write Buhari Over ‘Lopsided’ Appointments / Senior Police Officers Protest At Force Headquarters Over Lopsided Postings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by eleko1: 11:50am On Feb 25, 2016
Bia! I support Igbo on this 100%.Why always Mallam here and there? Go to immigration/most custom office, it is Hausa.They even wear bathroom slippers and chewing stick about. Let correct the abnormalities.A sealed mouth is a seal destiny
tyson99:
Igbos again always not contended with what they have msscchew

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by demoore1(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2016
tyson99:
Igbos again always not contended with what they have msscchew
And what is they have to be contended (in your own words) with.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Captain001(m): 11:51am On Feb 25, 2016
adipemcanis1:
While I think the oga of customs should answer the call by the senate commitee.....I am a bit suspicious of the ''northerners are taking over '' theory.

1.All we have is an allegation.

2.We do not have a list of promotions given us by the report....just an allegation that ''Igbos are not being promoted''.I could make an allegation about my tribe....but I should have data to back it up.

During the Second World War...one anti-semitic American naval officer once commented to fellow officers that ''Jewish Americans were not pulling their weight in the war effort''. Unknown to the officer, one of the other guys was....Jewish. That Jewish American refuted his fellow bigoted American's comment with facts....that there were a lot of Jews in the Armed Forces....and he gave stats and numbers. The bigoted officer apologized.

3.What do we mean by Northerners.? A Northerner could be an Igala,Idoma,Igbirra,Jukun, Tangale,Berom,Kanuri man.....and not just Hausa.

4.Are the officers promoted being promoted according to abilty.....or not?

5.Can Ohaneze Youth Vanguard give us the stats of the tribal distribution of officers and men by tribe? Do they know?

Please.....I am not against Igbos, or for Hausas. I just think that when we make allegations about injustice in this country....we must back them with facts and figures....not vague comments that can be misused. So that we can avoid unnecessary crisis in this country. If the Customs Boss is violating federal character laws in officer appointment....by all means he should be sacked. But if this is just a fuss over nothing.....then Ohaneze should withdraw their allegation post haste.

You have made so much sense that I have nothing else to add. I perceive a rational, detribalised mind.
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by signz: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2016
I believe Gen Ihejirika was once.invited by the NASS on this same matter and he appeared before the committee incharge of the hearing. So Hamid Ali should appear before this committee and defend his appointments.

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by sweetgala(m): 11:56am On Feb 25, 2016
eyeview:
This is why Nigeria can not develop.
Sometime ago,I was in a federal govt agency for some services. A particular igbo woman was busy attending endlessly to the numerous crowd that were there while another colleague of hers,a 'hajia' in hijab was just showing up and disappearing without sitting down to attend to us. I turned to the igbo woman and asked her if the hajia wasn't employed to do the same job cos some of us needed her to sit down to help reduce the queue. The igbo woman answered "they are the rulers of this place,they are above the law,if I try being that lazy,I will be sacked. I still have children in school".
In a federal govt agency?
This is obtainable across the nation. Once a sector becomes very profitable,instead of employing good hands to help it grow,they will send in their semi illiterate brothers to go milk it dry. And that's how a laudable sector will become a failure and the nation will be the loser at the end

You have made a grand conclusion based on the statement of one person without verifying it is false or true.

What if the so called hajia was running about fixing the back end jobs or on duty, tasked to do something else. You are prejudiced and your post makes it very clear
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by eleko1: 11:58am On Feb 25, 2016
Let the gworo man come out and explain the lopsided issue.Thing can't continue like dis.Baba Daura didn't tell those useless people to appoint their tribe men.If NGIGE do the same thing,yawa go gas. Hausa accused Onyeka doing the same magomago.So let Igbo accuse them too.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by sweetgala(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2016
Liberty90:

This was exactly what onyeka onwenu was complaining of.

Well here comes someone who does not know the true story in this madame onyeka story.

It has been confirmed by individuals in the ministry that her claims are false. She was a failure who tried to impose her ally who was Hausa over the legit boss upon hearing she was leaving
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
koboko69:

Make we hear word. Enough of victim mentality plz.....

If you are still a student I suggest you step back and start analyzing issue critically before commenting. If you are done with university education, I am afraid you wasted not only your parents money but time you would have spent doing something else.

My friend, someone posted a link and made connection between the new customer boss and the 'purported' plan to ensure that the management of customer goes back to the North. As someone that has seen the four wall of a university you have at least two options:

1. to present a counter argument with facts or better still ask him for more evidence if you think what he presented is not enough for him to have reached such a conclusion
2. to keep quite until you have a reasonable response

But instead you choose to tow the path of someone that can neither understand or have the capacity to addressee issue critical.

It is not just about this topic but everything that affect us as a nation. It is time we start thinking without sentiment only then we will be able to see things for what they are and make informed decision rather than decisions based on sentiments.

NB: You can insult me if you like but don't worry I am not expecting anything reasonable from you after all.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by blackpanda: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
kenny987:
When people complain and point these glaring inequalities out, rather than calmly ascertain the merits of such complaints and demand for corrective measures or just keep quiet and let those affected make their voices heard, some spineless oafs will start talking about how Igbos always play the ethnic card or always claim victimisation.

Same thing keeps happening yet u expect them to keep quiet and accept crumbs when they're entitled to more for purposes of fairness. They get tired and decide to get out of the sham of a union, they get branded as traitors seeking to divide an entity. Where was the unity in the first place?

The truth must prevail.

Even within the igbos, there is no unity. An ebonyi man will NEVER be regarded as a full igbo man. Just few years ago, the abia state govt sacked all non indigenes from its employment including people from anambra and enugu. So where is the unity u speak of Biafra is a sham and only a mumu will believe in that nonsense!
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by koboko69: 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
woodcook:

If you are still a student I suggest you step back and start analyzing issue critically before commenting. If you are done with university education, I am afraid you wasted not only your parents money but time you would have spent doing something else.

My friend, someone posted a link and made connection between the new customer boss and the 'purported' plan to ensure that the management of customer goes back to the North. As someone that has seen the four wall of a university you have at least two options:

1. to present a counter argument with facts or better still ask him for more evidence if you think what he presented is not enough for him to have reached such a conclusion
2. to keep quite until you have a reasonable response

But instead you choose to tow the path of someone that can neither understand or have the capacity to addressee issue critical.

It is not just about this topic but everything that affect us as a nation. It is time we start thinking without sentiment only then we will be able to see things for what they are and make informed decision rather than decisions based on sentiments.

NB: You can insult me if you like but don't worry I am not expecting anything reasonable from you after all.

Lol. Dumb Epistle.

SE is not the only tribe in Nigeria. Make we hear word. Enough of Victim mentality.

Other tribes were not behaving like cry cry babies in the last adminstration. SE is always in the news for useless noise of the other. Today they want Biafra, tmr they want appointments, next tmr they are thanking the government.

Make we heard word lipsrsealed
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by MhizEndy(f): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
koboko69:
So this people are also interested in thr Zoo's customs?

Since they have embassies, they should set up there own Biafra customs and the likes and stop fighting the Zoo for appointments.
yu have no sense at all (Baa hankali walahi)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by onunwa21(m): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nepotism is a serious misconduct in the civil service......Ail should be investigated.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
koboko69:
So this people are also interested in thr Zoo's customs?

Since they have embassies, they should set up there own Biafra customs and the likes and stop fighting the Zoo for appointments.

nonesense ... the only reason you and your likes don't want Igbo's to break is selfishness .... you hate them quite alright so allow them and give them their country ...

no you won't . . scared or selfish...

am not Igbo but coming here to spue trash when its out is rubbish ...

get a life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by benjanny(m): 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
May God use his own messile to bomb the whole of Nigeria in jesus name amen
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by francizy(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
dearpreye:

A people with a primitive mindset couldn't think and behave like normal beings. My guy, the hate is irrational and morbid. Every tribe has some of its own people commit very heinous crimes. The hate is real. Thus nation has a date with truth.

I miss Candyrain and Rose2014.

True, miss those pair too. Wonder why they piped low, maybe cuz of the indiscriminate banning...

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Eluwilussit(m): 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
OlivetBen:

"Contended"?

Now you have an idea why some of these id.ots make stupid comments. 95% of them can't even spell. They can't reason. They can't read. They can't write. Yet, they are quick to comment. grin

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by EZENDDIGBO(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
kenny987:
When people complain and point these glaring inequalities out, rather than calmly ascertain the merits of such complaints and demand for corrective measures or just keep quiet and let those affected make their voices heard, some spineless oafs will start talking about how Igbos always play the ethnic card or always claim victimisation.

Same thing keeps happening yet u expect them to keep quiet and accept crumbs when they're entitled to more for purposes of fairness. They get tired and decide to get out of the sham of a union, they get branded as traitors seeking to divide an entity. Where was the unity in the first place?

The truth must prevail.
well said..this is one of the majority of reasons why God can't keep the unity any longer. but let thy will be done o lord.
I marvelled at some useless comments finding faults against the igbos.
The brave ones must speaks out. This is where I respected the igbo tribes.
When others kept silence and overlooks wrongdoing cos they re afraid of being sacks but an igbo man won't keeps his/her mouth shut cos they don't depends on government's salaries alone.
May God save us from tribalism and nepotism.

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by EZENDDIGBO(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Aufbauh:

Is it not ignorance and parochism that have kept some people complaining for all the days of their life.
Typical victim mantalist! Why not blame God for your birthplace.
how can someone blamed God for his/her birthplace? Bro this your comments is an insults to almighty God.
You re something else, you better go kneel down and asks for his forgiveness. Re you a kid that you can't think before you type? What a nonsensical statement.
The IGBOs I know re very proud people of where they came from. I can never regrets or blamed God for my birthplace.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
kenny987:

The truth must prevail.

you need to tell yourself the truth. easterners are out to destabilize the nation because Buhari defeated their mentor gej.

why is it always the Igbo shouting marginalisation?

we have over 250 different tribes in Nigeria, yet only the Igbo.

when Stella Oduah was appointing her clansmen nobody shouted o:

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/10/22/aviation-minister-stella-oduah-accused-of-favouring-igbos-in-recruitment-processes/

neither did anybody scream blue murder when anyim Pius anyim did the same thing as SGF during the same tenure:

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/the-igbonisation-agenda/

while I abhor nepotism and cronyism, I dislike two-faced dealings and insincerity.

the cry of marginalization started when gej lost and Buhari won the election.

by the way, the Igbo they appointed in the past, how has it helped your cause as a people?

shouldn't you guys channel your energy toward your secession bid, instead of dragging posts with "animals" in the "zoo"?

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by EZENDDIGBO(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
dearpreye:

As long as they're within this geographical space, they will continue to press for fairness and equity. If the Nigerian government were smart enough, it should be pursuing the way of equity and fairness; that will only give the Biafran agitators reasons to have some faith in this nation.

You can't beat a child and ask the child not to cry.
sir equity and fairness is what we lacks in this country and that s why it has remained backward due to tribalism and nepotism, When buhari was praying for this nations, I wanted him to pray for injustice and lack of equity pervading our dear country cos some tribes In this nations feels injustice and they re not happy with it. Here's my comment below..

EZENDDIGBO:
sir we already had peace and unity though the unity is by
force by now,irrespective of northern crisis in NE, nigeria
is a peaceful nation if you don't know,the only prayer he
needs to pray now is that God/Allah should grants him
the heart to do something in a region like SE shouting
marginalisation in nigeria. this set of race in nigeria feels
they re being treated injustice and unequal after the civil
war. The people from the eastern terrain needs a sense
of belonging and government must do all possible things
to make them believe in one nigeria. If not those prayers
re wastes of time.

I know it s well.
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Ecoterrorism(f): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
kenny987:

The truth must prevail.
Thanks love for this

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by joe120120(m): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=tyson99 post=43228852]Igbos again always not contended with what they have msscchew[

IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT FOOL FOOLS 4 life
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by Ecoterrorism(f): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
blackpanda:

Even within the igbos, there is no unity. An ebonyi man will NEVER be regarded as a full igbo man. Just few years ago, the abia state govt sacked all non indigenes from its employment including people from anambra and enugu. So where is the unity u speak of Biafra is a sham and only a mumu will believe in that nonsense!
I know kids when I see their posts. The topic is about custom boss so stay on the topic

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by banky222: 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
why are some Nigerians scared of the Ibos ?
you are quick to call them all sort of names,

you even think they are not useful to naija.

Nigeria can never grow until we all apologize to them

for not been fair to them.
mind u I am not ibo. and I am not blinded by ethnicity and religion.
don't bother to insult me for speaking my mind.
won't come back to this thread. bye

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by EZENDDIGBO(m): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
koboko69:

Lol. Dumb Epistle.

SE is not the only tribe in Nigeria. Make we hear word. Enough of Victim mentality.

Other tribes were not behaving like cry cry babies in the last adminstration. SE is always in the news for useless noise of the other. Today they want Biafra, tmr they want appointments, next tmr they are thanking the government.

Make we heard word lipsrsealed
I wanted to explain things with you but no need cos your response so far here on this thread is so dumb and lacking sense. cheesy
No vex o, my observation though.
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by elopee3000(m): 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Aufbauh:
Why is it always the South East particularly after the Buhari presidency?
I think these guys have developed strange eyes to see things others do not see.
From Onyeka Onwenu observations to Ohaneze youth Vanguard.
My question is that why are others not complaining about those stuff including the minority tribes? Should we say is a grand conspiracy by all including the much coveted south southern minorities to relegate them or a supposedly victim mentality cultivated over time.
yorubas wrote petition against mrs uzoma who was in charge of immigration and she was sacked now u people re blind to see what this man is doing it shall never be well with lord lugard angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by meccuno: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Liberty90:
I said this last year...quote below!

BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign

Why won't they resign? You bypassed them because you know that the next in line to take over by seniority was DCG Nwosu...you panicked, "he is Igbo and he can't be in such a position." Instead you went as far as...fear of Igbo... bringing a Northern geriatric retired army general, an outsider...something never done before... to make sure an Igbo man doesn't clinch that seat. THIS COUNTRY IS IMPLACABLY EVIL AND GOD IS ANGRY; INTENSELY ANGRY. The plan is to now assemble new DCGs with a northerner as senior to take over from the Geriatric general...he will resign within a yr or two to pave way for the prospective senior northerner DCG; you want to bet? All these while, I have been wondering why an outsider was brought in...not a DCG as customary procedure until a custom officer friend relayed me the gist of the inner politics. Is it a coincidence that 99% of all past comptroller general of customs are of Northern extraction?

https://www.nairaland.com/2700749/breaking-5-deputy-comptroller-generals-customs
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by koboko69: 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:
I wanted to explain things with you but no need cos your response so far here on this thread is so dumb and lacking sense. cheesy
No vex o, my observation though.

Lol

Na still dem dem....see the moniker

Abeg....

Again

enough of your victim mentality!
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by meccuno: 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
kenny987:

The truth must prevail.
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by EZENDDIGBO(m): 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
koboko69:

Lol

Na still dem dem....see the moniker

Abeg....

Again

enough of your victim mentality!
lol you dey tell me, go govt house go tell them. Me na to corrects nonsense statement here on nairaland.
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by meccuno: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
kenny987:

Is it not only logical that u for once stop and ask yourself, why is it that these same people that ur likes call proud and chest-beaters keep complaining about one particular thing? Could it be that there is really something wrong? Is there anyone that just likes to complain for the hell of it? For once, stop and think.
you can only think when you have a brain!!
Re: Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments by bapullow: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
Who's care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun / Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE / John Bray Visits The White Man Graveyard In Bayelsa With His Team (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.