Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Senate To Probe DSTV - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Senate To Probe DSTV (16215 Views)

Ngozi Ezeonu & Eucharia Anunobi Contest For Senate In "Perfect Seduction" (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by BlackPeni5: 10:15am On Feb 25, 2016
Jobless senate probing someone's personal business

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Segadem(m): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2016
good
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Acidosis(m): 10:17am On Feb 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Forwetinnah: 10:22am On Feb 25, 2016
They better o!! So I can migrate to compact asap!!
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by justjify(m): 10:23am On Feb 25, 2016
[size=13pt] Story story?
Once upon a time?
Biko somebody tell me, have mtn paid the fine? We are in February and at a point it was December 31st that was the deadline. I heard them say no shifting grounds, now we are approaching march, yet no fine has been paid.
In this case let sit and watch whether there will be any difference[/size]
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Maranzano(m): 10:24am On Feb 25, 2016
The flagrant disregard of consumer rights by some service providers in Nigeria is worrisome. DSTV is n0t0rious for their incessant increases and disregard of subscribers rights. The move is a step in the right direction but the government's regulatory agencies have a lot of work to do to ensure that the laws of the land are obeyed and consumers are not shortchanged. It took NCC years to wake up to perform their role in regulating the telecom industry in Nigeria. MTN did not believe that they could be fined for going contrary to the law. DSTV should be made to realize that their partial monopoly of digital television service is not a license to exploit the subscribers at will.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by AfroKnight: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2016
Look at these latecomers. After Consumer Protection Council has handled then case you lot are just jumping aboard.

We have the most annoying legislators in the world.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Meiji(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2016
What kind of silly joke is this? What is the business of the Nigerian Senate with how a private enterprise chooses to set prices? Are these guys nuts?

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by franugo(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2016
datola:
Can't they empower another company to offer same services at cheaper rates instead of dictating how much a company charges for its services in a capitalist economy.

bros e, e no easy, neither is it cheap 2 get d right 2 air european matches..dstv is doing it n making their dough cos they are in several countries n thus generate a lotta revenue. what u r proposing will be a losing venture because only naija alone cannot make a quarter of such revenue
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by walexy2k: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2016
That will be very nice, if dis will take place starting from next month. God help us all
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by semitunde: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2016
Acidosis:
Smh

Why can't they probe others like Consat? MYTV? Startimes? etc.,

Why do Nigerians always create the impression that we hate South African owned firms?

Consat belongs to Tinubu, but hey! They won't say anything about his rates. It's always DSTV.

That's how some dum.b ones would be demanding for "pay as you use" from DSTV meanwhile their own indigenous ones like Consat and MYTV are free to do as they like.

Lazy people, who can't do anything efficiently but hate the success of others.

Why do American farmers enjoy govt grants and subsidies while foreign agric companies don't?

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by ItuExchange(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2016
Is it only DSTV that has increased their prices? Why can't they probe others who increase their prices.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2016
kniru:
so na now our senators wake up...ok oooo!!!

Let them reduce the price of dstv compact and premium by 50 percent. grin The price is too high. It seems Nigeria pays the highest for cabke tv in Africa. This must change.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by TruthHurts1(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2016
manutdadex:
Publicity stunt! Nigeria sat companies shud produce a good competition if they can't.. Make dem free all this s.a companies! Pull down syndrome dey naija blood

Only Manchester United Fans get sense like this. You are 100% correct. #Manu4life

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by NaijaCuzin: 10:35am On Feb 25, 2016
the demand for DSTV in Nigeria is too high .

I, NaijaCuzin would suggest that we start creating or building our own DSTV to also save the Naira

As of start it suppose to be free.

#BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Akaujaa(m): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2016
The senate know what they are doing...its all politics. Remember the 'juicy committee' saga. All they do is raise a controversial matter just to draw the attention of the companies or individuals affected so they can come offer them huge bribe in 'Ghana must go' bag. Thereafter, the matter dies a natural death and the masses who have short memories(I beg your pardon), will forget and never talk about it again. What a country!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by fm7070: 10:39am On Feb 25, 2016
I hope this will see the light of the day.
DSTV have a lot to tell Nigerians
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by dasparrow: 10:39am On Feb 25, 2016
@Post

I am pleased to hear this. I have been having problems with DSTV since November last year when I changed by bouquet from family to compact. Each month, I will pay my DSTV monthly subscription fee three weeks before the deadline approaches to pay the bill. Yet, DSTV will disconnect my service. I have to keep calling customer care and then they will reconnect it just for the service to go off again. DSTV customer care agents keep apologizing but they will never have the technical department fix the issue that is causing their system to keep disconnecting me even when I don't owe them 1 kobo. So, I intend switching to Startimes once my DSTV subscription expires next month. I am tired of DSTV and their unprofessionalism.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Bhella5(m): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2016
Acidosis:
Smh

Why can't they probe others like Consat? MYTV? Startimes? etc.,

Why do Nigerians always create the impression that we hate South African owned firms?

Consat belongs to Tinubu, but hey! They won't say anything about his rates. It's always DSTV.

That's how some dum.b ones would be demanding for "pay as you use" from DSTV meanwhile their own indigenous ones like Consat and MYTV are free to do as they like.

Lazy people, who can't do anything efficiently but hate the success of others.
Once an IPOB always an IPOB. How does Tinubu come into play here? Idiaaaat!
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by musicwriter(m): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2016
Long time ago I warned this company their days in Nigeria are numbered. I once paid them an annual subscription, because they said I'll get one month FREE. But, at the 11th month they scrambled me. and when I called them they claimed I paid for Indian bouquet or whatever. Then, I turned off the whole thing never to use it again.

I connected it only again because of the world cup. You know what they did?. They said I owe a backlog of up to N4,500 for non-use!. Well, now I watch it for free.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by hemucology(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2016
Nice one

I hv seeing the result of olusegun (a.k.a baba iyaba) letter to senate
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by PurestBoy(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2016
I just renewed our premium subscription this February, it was formally N147,950 but now I paid N177,540 @ rate of N16,140/monthly
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Blackops(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2016
DSTV been scamming we Nigerians since BC, I hope the senate have the right sense to punish this guys.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by ENDEEEEEEE(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2016
Let dstv be.. why don't they think of starting up a company that would give Nigerians same service at a lower price...

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by MosquitoLaps(m): 11:23am On Feb 25, 2016
nitt:
This useless National Assembly needs to be scrapped abeg!
No offence, but have you taken your meds today?
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by ladodo: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2016
I dont trust d nigerian senate, we heard about mtn fine and still uptil now nothing concrete has been achieved, now is dstv, very soon d matter will be no more heard, i believe as citizen, if we all can go on a peace protest infront of their various offices of dstv across d nation to show them dat we cant take dis anymore, i believe multichoice will av a rethink be4 d worest is done to them. God bless nigeria
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by nitt: 11:58am On Feb 25, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

No offence, but have you taken your meds today?

Yes I av!

I took them to yr sick mother who i'm treating as u know
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Godsate: 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Like in the developed countries, the service must be pay as you watch. I don't even care much about the price.

Let senate empower local companies to run the service and make it pay as you watch.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by sinola(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
metroparrot:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/02/senate-to-probe-dstv-over-price-hike-other-issues/

i sense heavy fine on the way...wake up Multichoice#operation pursue all SA companies.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by kclein(m): 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
All they need is serious competition especially in pay as you go and there brain will reformat jus like it did when glo came with per second billing.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by MosquitoLaps(m): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
nitt:

Yes I av!

I took them to yr sick mother who i'm treating as u know
The last thing I'd do is to sit here and exchange tirades with you under this heat.
Like I hinted earlier, you've got to take your meds seriously.
Your reasoning has been diluted.

Have a great day, brother.
Re: Senate To Probe DSTV by Baroba(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
nitt:
This useless National Assembly needs to be scrapped abeg!

Someone needs to probe them for the insane amount of money they collect from Nigeria's coffers, as much as i don't agree with dstv exorbitant subscription rates, it's a free market, if you don't like it, find an alternative.. That's how it works.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omoni Oboli's "Okafor's Law" Sold Out In Cinemas (Photos) / Help Guys Can't Download Movies From 02tvseries.com / Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.