Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving (4482 Views)

Oldest Woman At Makurdi IDP Camp Who Is 105 Years Old With Her 75Year Daughter / Governor Impregnates A Corper; NYSC Member Serving In His State - SDK's Rumour / At 191 Years Old, Mama Esifiho May Be The Oldest Woman Alive. (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by DailyPost: 9:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Education is the bed rock of Ages, so No Time is too late for that Meet the oldest serving Corper in Nigeria {65 years old} , still looking Young and fresh even agile , so whats stops him , Please Papa Carry Go.

Serving at Akwa Ibom State. Eket.

Report By http://www.viviangist.com/meet-the-oldest-nysc-member-65-years-old-still-serving

Benefit for Doubt, https://web.facebook.com/oluwasegunvictor.adebayo1?fref=photo#

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by zinachidi(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2016
iffa hear, the man just wore his son's NYSC uniform, NYSC get age limit.

10 Likes

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by gentlesinna(m): 9:51am On Feb 25, 2016
Hww come??

Hw is dat even possible? Pls I need sombody to nkowanshiet
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by mealdred: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2016
Lol,dis guy good to flog!
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by gunuvi(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2016
You are very funny. I know its your nysc uniform you gave your dad to celebrate him.
God bless your hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by Progressive01(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2016
That must have been a bream he held very close to his heart. Must be very happy to see it come to pass.

Congrats to him. smiley
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by jamesibor: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2016
zinachidi:

No age limit to serve. The age limit only applies to your year of graduation.

If you graduate before 30, you should serve and you can do that at whatever age you present yourself for mobilisation. You are only exempted on age grounds if you graduated after 30.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by yomi007k(m): 11:43am On Feb 25, 2016
zinachidi:

Bros, na lie oo
If u still choose to serve at any age, u can.

I know a man in his 50s serving in the compound next to mine.

No be joke.
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by NobleAngell(f): 11:48am On Feb 25, 2016
Pls u guys should be reasonable. Even if nysc doesn't have age limit, this man will NEVER be allowed to serve.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by EazyMoh(m): 11:55am On Feb 25, 2016
jamesibor:

If you graduate before 30, you should serve and you can do that at whatever age you present yourself for mobilisation. You are only exempted on age grounds if you graduated after 30.
So according to you this grand dad graduated in 1981
yomi007k:

Bros, na lie oo
If u still choose to serve at any age, u can.
I know a man in his 50s serving in the compound next to mine.
No be joke.
If you are over 30 and want to go for NYSC you would at least have to forge your birth certificate or declaration of age.
jamesibor:

So according to you this grand dad graduated in 1981

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by Raphael81(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
youthfulness is in the heart and not age congrats
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by jamesibor: 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
EazyMoh:
So according to you this grand dad graduated in 1981So according to you this grand dad graduated in 1981

The man in the picture may not be a corper but if he is, he definitely graduated below 30. If he is 65, he must have graduated before or in 1981.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by deanoffaculty: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Proudly Son and Dad!
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by sotall(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
k
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by CharlesPhc: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
gunuvi:
You are very funny. I know its your nysc uniform you gave your dad to celebrate him.
God bless your hustle.

Don't mind him joor
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by CharlesPhc: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
deanoffaculty:
Proudly Son and Dad!

Proudly? No shamefully cos he didn't admit is Son and Dad...!!!

Tell Op to flash his father's NYSC ID Card or stop disgracing the Old man on Social Network

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
I thought NYSC have an age limit. Something just don't add up here.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by yomi007k(m): 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
EazyMoh:
So according to you this grand dad graduated in 1981So according to you this grand dad graduated in 1981
Oga read what I wrote b4 u start asking Jamb questions
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by EazyMoh(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
jamesibor:

The man in the picture may not be a corper but if he is, he definitely graduated below 30. If he is 65, he must have graduated before or in 1981.
Guy chill, if he's truly a recognized Corp member then it could only mean he forged his credentials to claim less than 30.
Your theory is highly unlikely.
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by jamesibor: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
EazyMoh:

Guy chill, if he's truly a recognized Corp member then it could only mean he forged his credentials to claim less than 30.
Your theory is highly unlikely.

I do not understand what you are on about. I've known people who graduated under 30, travelled abroad without serving, spent many years abroad and then decide to go back to Nigeria to either work or join politics hence need the NYSC discharge certificate. They then had to present themselves for service at that age as they had to serve having graduated when they were less than 30.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by jericco1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
jamesibor:

Very helpful
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by EazyMoh(m): 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
jamesibor:

I do not understand what you are on about. I've known people who graduated under 30, travelled abroad without serving, spent many years abroad and then decide to go back to Nigeria to either work or join politics hence need the NYSC discharge certificate. They then had to present themselves for service at that age as they had to serve having graduated when they were less than 30.
OK o. Never met anyone in that situation.
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by jamesibor: 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by Agbalanze(m): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
I would have praised the o.p if he had said d truth and just accept that he's just proud of his dad by wearing him his uniform, but in absence of that, pls stop disgracing urself and ur dad.
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by meforyou1(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I thought NYSC have an age limit.
Something just don't add up here.
it has. 30. It's those that schooled abroad that are allowed to serve when they come back even if they are 30. But if u study in naija and are above 30, u are automatically given exemption letter.
As u said, this doesn't add up
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by meforyou1(m): 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Why is the 2nd guy not wearing his own NYSC uniform?
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by EazyMoh(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
jamesibor:

https://www.nairaland.com/2338950/photo-naijas-oldest-corp-member-2015

http://naijagists.com/meet-nigerias-oldest-nysc-youth-corper/
Am not saying there are no Corpers over 30, am currently serving FYI. And thanks to you I now know about the nysc late life service thing. BUT note that none of those in those links are actually saying they graduated earlier in life. majority of them just forged there credentials and claim less than 30! That am sure of.
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by jamesibor: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
EazyMoh:

Am not saying there are no Corpers over 30, am currently serving FYI. And thanks to you I now know about the nysc late life service thing. BUT note that none of those in those links are actually saying they graduated earlier in life. majority of them just forged there credentials and claim less than 30! That am sure of.

Why would someone forge credentials to go waste one year of his life? Do you not know that NYSC is a waste of time in most cases?
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by babyfaceafrica: 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
Its actually possible,though I no trust the OP!!!
Re: Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving by EazyMoh(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
jamesibor:

Why would someone forge credentials to go waste one year of his life? Do you not know that NYSC is a waste of time in most cases?
Hahahahaahha now you are talking. Well for you it may be a waste of time. But for most at least it's better than staying idle at home for that period and beyond. many discover their life direction during nysc with the skill acquisition and all that. Many even she'd their childhood mentality and begin to see the reality in life. Of course there are many (like you) who could hit the ground running immediately after graduation. am not depending nysc so back to the matter.
Do you know nysc has to introduce biometric registration and screening for prospective Corp members due to some people actually serving more than once? Many also just do it for the fun of it. From camp to my home town to my course mates I know dozens of people who are above 30 but change their credentials just for the service.
I repeat I have never seen any of them who graduated earlier (when he/she was less than 30) among those overages Corp members.
That's the reality.

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Igbos. / Buhari In Tears For Loosing 2 Family Members In 24hour / Bayelsa Guber: PDP Flag Bearer's WAEC Result Leaked Online, See Result Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.