Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job (19402 Views)

A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by TitoTobi: 12:25am On Feb 26, 2016
Bargain with the Lagos company for 100k. If they need you as much as they claim. They'll understand. But leaving a job that gives you time and freedom is not a good thing, especially for a 50k job in Lagos. Lagos transportation alone will finish the money. Also, it's purely marketing that you'll do in Lagos job. That sounds fishy. If dem give you high target to meet and you can't meet it. Gobe will be your case o.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by rebranded(m): 12:26am On Feb 26, 2016
I hope you take this advice...stay in Ibadan!

Grass is not always greener on the other side, I cant stress this enough.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Bro I know u v already made up ur mind. Which ever it is that u v choosen, I pray God be with u.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by kayceeD2(m): 1:01am On Feb 26, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
Just that I am not tied to this my present Job. It gives me time to do some other things. I only move out when I have some marketing thing to do. But the Lagos job is from Monday to Friday. Non stop!!
Don't be lazy niggah
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by darkblack89(m): 3:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Female computer operators urgently needed to fill the post of a recently opened bet9ja megashop @ 97a ijesha road, itire, surulere, lagos. Age must be 19 - 25. Pls call 08092196234 08092196235 or whatsapp.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by rocoh(m): 5:20am On Feb 26, 2016
Don't be in a hurry.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by ugoblaque8(m): 6:09am On Feb 26, 2016
My bro i will advice u stay in IB....since u r good in computer u can,use it to be doing other online biz...mehn if u enter lagos...u mite end up spending all dt 50k im trans since they wont be giving you allowances for movements..you dont need to stay with your bro...stay alone work for ur feeding and accomodation it will help you to be more focused....my opinion bro..have a blessed day and tk d rite decision...[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 26, 2016
Don't rely on any organisation. They are selling a product, you are selling your product. Don't believe any organisation that tells you you are special. You will be as useless, when they find you useless. Move to where the bargain is better, give your best,develop yourself, price yourself, and plan your exit for a better one.

quote author=Agubushmenyo post=43246104]I am presently working for an IT firm in Ibadan (Upcoming company). We partner with Institutions to train them on IT skills. I am yet to receive a major salary apart from Logistics since december because we are yet to finalize deals with most Institutions.

They rely a lot on my expertise in Marketing so I set the pace for them. Even though things are rough now, but I keep sensing that the future of the company is Bright. We were told that we will be trained in the company on various IT skills so as to help out as Instructors when the deals starts landing. Even though I was told they will pay 50k when the company seals enough deals, but I don't know how long it will take till I start earning that Amount.

Another IT firm in Lagos saw my marketing skills through a client I know, and agreed to pay me 50K excluding movement costs from one place to another, just to do the same thing I do with my present company just that I will be restricted to just marketing.

So I am so confused whether to move to Lagos or to stay with this present company.

Please put your self in my shoes and advice me.

I have just this night and tomorrow morning to accept the offer!! Pleaseeee.

[/quote]
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by 4C2215131: 7:28am On Feb 26, 2016
galantjoe:
Never trust any boss they are chemelom. They can sack any time they want after getting all they need from u. Now u re getting paid. U hope for future. Na your father business . please accept lagos job sharp sharp. Lagos is a city with opportunities

My thoughts exactly. Move fast!

Yes, Lagos is saturated, those telling you it is, why haven't they moved to IB to get that '100k' job that will enable them build a house given the low cost of living there.

Like you said, there are opportunities in Lagos. If you work hard and you're prayerful you' ll succeed. Forget all the traffic talk bla bla bla. You'll get used to it like everyone else.

No other place in Nigeria has more chances for professional growth like Lagos.You can quote me. Again, your future salary is 50k. Assuming it was say 100k, then, it's another matter. Go to Lagos, you won't die.

Don't let fear and a warped common sense keep you from achieving great things there. She's waiting for you with arms wide open.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by 4C2215131: 7:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

Yeap strictly marketing. I was just told few hrs ago from the HOD that they will finance my marketing movements. All I have to do is just keep chasing deals!

They need you now, they'll tell you anything to motivate you to bring in the money. Be wise.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by olaide721(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2016
With this statement u have made up ur mind already u just want to be sure maybe u have made the right decision just follow ur heart and do what u think is best for u
Agubushmenyo:

I have a Bro in lagos, which makes feeding and accommodation free. But in Ibadan, I stay alone and feed myself. So what do you think?
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by 4C2215131: 7:51am On Feb 26, 2016
TitoTobi:
Bargain with the Lagos company for 100k. If they need you as much as they claim. They'll understand. But leaving a job that gives you time and freedom is not a good thing, especially for a 50k job in Lagos. Lagos transportation alone will finish the money. Also, it's purely marketing that you'll do in Lagos job. That sounds fishy. If dem give you high target to meet and you can't meet it. Gobe will be your case o.

In my opinion, he doesn't have a job! What job! helping someone else build a company with promises of renumeration in the uncertain future and a measly 50k at that?

If he must stay in IB, then like someone suggested, tell them to make you a shareholder period. You guys are talking like you don't know how Nigerians are!

Kill your fear guy, enter Las Gidi join the hustle, be smart and hardworking plus prayerful.and you:ll make it. Forget all the fear stories, pay them no mind. Just be wise and smart.

If you're the type that don't like to rock the boat and just manage life as you see it then, please stay in IB BUT if you're the type that feels a burning desire to excel, then test your mettle in the fires of Lagos. Who knows you may go back to to establish an IT firm someday that'll compete with the one you're currently freelancing for.

If you consider all the reasons why you shouldn't come to Lagos, even with 150k job, you won't come. There are those that came here without a single relative in town and have succeeded and no, they are not criminals but legitimate workers and/or entrepreneurs. Stay IB they form big fish for little pond while.men dey grow to sharks for Lagos.

Your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Raalsalghul: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2016
kingofchess:
if I am in ur shoes, I will go 4 the lagos job.....some organizations don't want 2 know if u started with them from the scratch or nt....if they want 2 sack u bro they will sack u without looking back.
True, very true.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by toprealman: 8:51am On Feb 26, 2016
In the IB job, you are more like the boss with too many responsibilities including marketing. The Lag job is ONLY marketing.....and you are not in control of things!
Wake up bro.....be wise!
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nweike1: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

I have a Bro in lagos, which makes feeding and accommodation free. But in Ibadan, I stay alone and feed myself. So what do you think?
What if you fall out with your bro? What happens next? In general, from my own perspective, government job is better. In the absence of that, a job that gives you freedom to hustle in other places and located in a relatively inexpensive place like Ibadan is better
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by oludarebagbile: 11:47am On Feb 26, 2016
I have got nothing else to talk. Move to Lagos, land of several opportunities.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by walexsho(m): 8:18am On Feb 28, 2016
my post was removed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job / Employees, Are We Going To See You In January Abi O Ti Lo / Nigerian Civil Service Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.