Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? (537 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS / Is Water Baptism Really Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by kyceeQ(f): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
So I’ve never been water baptised.#coversface yeah…only baptised by
the Holy spirit(proud to admit. So my darlings, If
you haven’t been..get on board now. In fact,
begin hold Jesus’ wrapper and demand for
your own dosage o because believe me when I say you are missing! As in…I wish I have words
for it. But just try and get Holy ghost baptised
today! As far as I’m concerned, it is even all
the upgrade you need)

So at the time I became born again, being water baptised was all I wanted to do. My Aunties were getting baptised..people in the church were getting baptised. .so I didn’t want to be left out. Worse, the church I was attending at
the time, made it so much of a big deal; like it was a requirement to make heaven and a sin if
you don’t get water baptised. To them, If you
weren’t baptized(even if you’ve been Holy
ghost baptised) you do not get to partake in
Holy communion. In other words, it was a
requirement to partake in one of the most relevant and sacred doctrines we should
partake in as Christians. It just felt so unfair
because I wanted so badly to partake in it, so I
signed up for the bible classes.

According to the church, if you didn’t enrol in
their bible classes, take their exams and
passed, you will not be enlisted to be baptised.

Hian! Protocol protocol protocol!

As in, I didn’t gerrit! I started to wonder if Apostle Peter(or was it Paul? Me I don’t know again…) in the bible waited for the oga he baptised along the way to know all the scriptures in the bible before he batpised him.

No be as the man confess Jesus as him lord and personal savior, Peter find river baptise am?

So which one come be all that nau?

But anyway, I put aside my grievances because I really wanted to partake in that Holy communion, so I signed up for the class but I ended up missing the exams because I had to return to school at the time. By the time I returned home, the water batpism had already been done and the story ended there.

But I didn’t stop searching for a way to get baptised though. I kept going from one church to another seeking where to be baptised until I
found one which didn’t make it a requirement. As a matter of fact, they were more concerned about their congregation getting Holy ghost batpised than being just water batpised.

But what does your church say about this issue?

Is it really important to get water baptised even
though you’ve been baptised by the Holy
Spirit?

If a person isn’t water baptised, will they not make it to heaven? I mean, is it part of the qualifications to make heaven? Make I know
whether na hell I dey go straight since I am still
not water baptised.

If your church doesnt have any doctrine about it, what’s your personal conviction about it?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts. . .
Re: What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by ifex370(m): 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
all i can say is yes,, its necessary..

please dont ask me why
Re: What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Don't know... I haven't died before
Re: What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
it is very necessary... Jesus himself was baptized
Re: What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by scarletpearl(f): 12:54am On Feb 26, 2016
I thought u can't be baptized by the holy spirit without water baptism
Re: What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On May 18, 2023
kyceeQ:
■ But I didn’t stop searching for a way to get baptised though. I kept going from one church to another seeking where to be baptised until I found one which didn’t make it a requirement. As a matter of fact, they were more concerned about their congregation getting Holy ghost batpised than being just water batpised. But what does your church say about this issue? Is it really important to get water baptised even though you’ve been baptised by the Holy Spirit? If a person isn’t water baptised, will they not make it to heaven? I mean, is it part of the qualifications to make heaven? Make I know whether na hell I dey go straight since I am still not water baptised. If your church doesnt have any doctrine about it, what’s your personal conviction about it? Looking forward to reading your thoughts. . .
1. Jesus Christ said except a man is born-again — born of water(marked as having abandoned the Old Way, and has begun following the New way) and born of the Spirit(of Eternal Life) — he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. undecided

A question I do have is this, what proof do you have that you are born of Spirit - John 3 vs 1 - 21- and are now born-again? undecided
Re: What Does Your Church Say About Water Baptism ( Is It Relevant To Make Heaven)? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On May 22, 2023
scarletpearl:
I thought u can't be baptized by the holy spirit without water baptism
To be born again means to be born of water and born of Spirit(of Eternal Life). An order is not necessary specified by this as it is possible to be born of spirit, and then later born of water. undecided

(1) (Reply)

God Don't Sleep / Messages About Etiquettes Of Islamic Marriages - Complete Quotations From Qur'an / Martyrs Of Yemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.