Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class (62230 Views)

UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by banmee(m): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
He has a point.

He doesn't. The prize for an education is knowledge. That is what he signed up for. Or are you saying we should swap knowledge for cars? I'd take knowledge any day.
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Irreplaceable48(f): 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
5.0 CGPA but the story starts and ends on the Media, Nigeria is busy waiting for another breadseller to evolve. Smh
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by ODUBEZE: 12:10am On Feb 26, 2016
talk2hb1:
This kept me thinking................
Its should get every right Nigeria thinking and worried. which way?
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by ericmor: 12:15am On Feb 26, 2016
mulante:
A car will only conveniently get you from point A to B.

A Laptop + 10k (modem + data) can bring all the information you'll ever need to you in your room.

Brains with 5.0 CGPA operating capacity will process the information and make cars out of it.

It's just a metter of perspectives.

But with a car, u can get so many laptops and more than 10k data on it. Do u ever thought of it that way?
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by DedeNkem: 12:19am On Feb 26, 2016
Education is important but it doesn't guarantee success or riches. You don't really need a college degree to succeed in life. There's no doubt it helped some people.

Most rich people in Nigeria don't have college degrees and most rich people in the world don't also have it.

For instance; Bill Gates, the richest human on earth is a dropout. Facebook owner, Mark Zuckerberg is the fourth-richest person on Earth, he's also a dropout. Michael Dell, the owner of Dell Computer, is a dropout. Late Steve Jobs, the owner of Apple, is a dropout. And many more.

Most times people end up getting good jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees.
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 26, 2016
"When I was a young boy I was told I could become anything that I wanted to be,followed all the paths they laid before me now I’ve learned they didnt lead where I thought they would lead"...Thats life in Nigeria for you
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by amtaken(f): 4:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Miss UNILAG 's car comes from pageant sponsors while the laptop and N10 are from the school authority.
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by steph22ush(f): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2016
He'd also get a job as a graduate assistant in the university as well as a Harvard scholarship to further his studies.. So pls and pls read oo
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Sarkay31: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2016
I can assure you He is definately getting more than that. The least amount he will be going home with is 500k.
mulante:

A Laptop + 10k (modem + data) can bring all the information you'll ever need to you in your room.

Brains with 5.0 CGPA operating capacity will process the information and make cars out of it.

Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by scarr: 8:06am On Feb 26, 2016
mulante:

With d proceeds of d car do u know how many laptops he can buy.

Think again
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by omauchay(f): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2016
mulante:

you re soo on point
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by obisangel(f): 8:53am On Feb 26, 2016
I was the best graduating student in the faculty of Veterinary Medicine, UNN in 2009. I got nothing less than 200k from the school and other organizations. I was given automatic employment as a lecturer 2 and today I am a lecturer 1, have my masters and currently doing my phd with good pay. Am also married with 3 kids. The overall best student in school got nothing less than 4 million Naira because zenith bank gave him 750k, ecobank, gave him 450k and many other banks and organizations. Then school gave him the best price which was 500k and automatic employment. Chancellor also gave him a cash prize. I still see the most beautiful girl in UNN 2007 on Africa Magic playing minor roles. I also saw her at the next top Model audition on TV. It's not about the car, it's about satisfaction. The kind of car I drive now, that girl can't afford it even with all her modeling and acting career. I don't regret where I am today. Encourage academic excellence.
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by babyfaceafrica: 9:09am On Feb 26, 2016
PHIPEX:
Am not from Unilag but the info above can not be entirely true. He'll win best prizes in school, faculty, dept etc. By UNN standard he'll go home with close to 200k
and miss moremi goes home with a car!!!....chai!!!
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by proudofficial(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=PerfectlyPerfect post=43250350]A laptop in the hands of a wise dude will fetch a thousand of those cars.

If he's as wise as he is intelligent, he'll use that laptop to do great things like one of these inventors
lol when the girl fit sell d car and purchase many laptop
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Junki04(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2016
OP, please just come to school on tuesday for the occasion or just listen to Unilag fm and hear the number of stuffs he'll collect, that's including money too obviously and also top firms will be there that day to try and get him.. 5.0 no be beans mehn!!
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 26, 2016
mulante:

Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Vivly(f): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

lol.. so how difficult is it to sell the car and buy 100 laptops?
Yeah but then you can't buy the brains.
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by ZUBY77(m): 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Vivly:

Yeah but then you can't buy the brains.

Where does Brain get involved in a comparison between a car and a laptop.?
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by samuelchimmy(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
mulante:

Now,why shouldn't this be the epic comment of 2016 here on nairaland,even if year isn't over.thumbs up !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Vivly(f): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

Where does Brain get involved in a comparison between a car and a laptop.?
You've got to use a brain to maximize the laptop potential. smiley
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by ZUBY77(m): 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
Vivly:

You've got to use a brain to maximize the laptop potential. smiley

So if i get the car, sold it and bought 100 laptops, would that affect my brain?
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Vivly(f): 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

So if i get the car, sold it and bought 100 laptops, would that affect my brain?
Bloody hell, are you kidding me please? how do i explain it? Even if the model sells the car and buys 20 laptops, it has no effect because she does not (in this instance) has the brains to use them effectively...... This is unlike the 5.0 dude that will optimize it to its best with his brains.
I hope I won't get another mention from you about this. I just stated my opinion. If you still don't get it, just let it go please.
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by ZUBY77(m): 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
Vivly:
Bloody hell, are you kidding me please? how do i explain it? Even if the model sells the car and buys 20 laptops, it has no effect because she does not (in this instance) has the brains to use them effectively...... This is unlike the 5.0 dude that will optimize it to its best with his brains.
I hope I won't get another mention from you about this. I just stated my opinion. If you still don't get it, just let it go please.

Come on relax. I am enjoying the logic. I understand you pretty well but that brings us back to the topic of this thread.

Is it right to give a model the car or does the brainy 5.0 dude deserve it better?
Remember what the topic here is.
For me, I think the brainy guy deserve the bigger gift. Brains built this world; technology, science, roads, electricity etc. They need all the encouragement they could get.
Tell me one good thing modeling has contributed to world development.

1 Like

Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
Y'all are just talking and telling stories...allow me caption it "Fairytales from Congo"...lol...fact is Education is dead in Nigeria...do you know how many first class graduates are jobless and hungry ...book-smart doesn't necessarily translate to being street-smart...Having or getting a 5.0 CGPA is no assurance whatsoever of a good life,,,its just a step in the right direction for some
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by ugonna1054(m): 11:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
The poster is dumb.......who told u d best graduating student got laptop + 10k........mhenn, the kain awardsss wey d guy go receive no be here, plus job offers fromm various firms. lecturing job already dey ground sef..... besides the car given to miss unilag is a one year contract , after a year,she returns it.

Better go to sch and face ur studies wella

#mindurgp
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by africandictator(m): 4:28am On Mar 06, 2016
talk2hb1:
This kept me thinking................
lol the guy only did 6 semesters, he was a DE student.. Dude came in through Diploma
Re: See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class by helen258(f): 5:10am On Jun 23, 2017
I just pity the guy...he should not go and read na... shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue State University Student, Jessica Agee Shot Dead / University Of Abuja Student Burns Down Her Hostel While Holding A Knife / Hoodlums Attack LASU, Destroy Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.