Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri (11786 Views)

Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Return Home, Militants Advise South-east, South South Indigenes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by abagoro(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
OWERRI—The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo will headline other eminent guests expected to grace a special reception and citizens interface for all National Assembly leaders and Federal Executive Council members from the South East/South South geopolitical zone in Owerri tomorrow.

The milestone reception and dinner being organised by the development agenda setting, South East/South South Professionals of Nigeria, SESS-PN, with the Executive Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha as host, will have in attendance for the first time in this dispensation, all National

Assembly leaders and Federal Executive Council members from the eleven states of the zone in one unique cross political civic dialogue on ‘their development agenda in our national index.’ In a press statement by the president of the group, Mr Emeka Ugwu-Oju, he said that “the reception is rationally consistent with the group’s deliberate advocacy for good governance for superior service mileage by those in leadership for us in followership towards a greater Nigeria.”

He said: “As our front liners in a challenging era, this is more of our citizens interactive with persons who earned the prized confidences of our President to graciously appoint them, and the august members of the National Assembly to proudly elect them, for our collective interests in the scheme of national governance.

“So having been so rigorously selected, screened, appointed and now settled in their tasks, we believe it’s civic wisdom to say well-done together and possibly hear them tell us how far, in a confidence sharing rapport especially at times like this.”

The reception which will be chaired by former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku will have celebrated Agriculturist, Fr. Godfrey Nzamujo of Songhai Farms in Republic of Benin as guest speaker. The leadership of the National Assembly and the Governors of the eleven states involved are believed to have confirmed their attendance.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/osinbajo-nass-leaders-anyaoku-for-s-south-s-east-reception-in-owerri/

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Flexherbal(m): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
Every political gathering is for political issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by ogaontop(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Agendaless Meeting!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Unfortunately, nothing meaningful will come out of the padi-padi meeting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by ogaontop(m): 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Agendaless Meeting!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by ishiamu(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Yeye meeting

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Stolen: 6:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
They want to meet a mere commissioner.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
A welcome development.
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
South-South Economic Summit,Asaba, Delta State

HOME
South-South Economic Summit,Asaba, Delta State
A goodwill message by Mr. Emeka Ugwu-Oju, President, South-East South-South Professionals of Nigeria (SESSPN) at the 2nd South-South Economic Summit held at the Convention Centre, Asaba, Delta State on 25-28 april 2012

PROTOCOLS

First, let me congratulate the Governors of the South-South, the BRACED Commission and all those who have made this event possible. I also welcome all those who have come from other parts of the world to grace this Summit.

This 2nd South South Economic Summit is taking place at the right time. At a time the nation is beginning to be distracted again by a very premature and, I dare say, unnecessary controversy over which region or zone takes over the presidency in 2015, it makes sense that the South-South zone is focusing on how to create a sustainable economy to its people.

The strength of this nation does not lie in Abuja but in the states. The strength of Nigeria lies among its various people. The symbol of the political power of Nigeria may reside in Aso Villa, but the wealth of this nation lies in the ability of individual Nigerians and the competences each of us brings to the table. What I am saying is that the people are the major drivers of any economy. The development of Nigerian will eventually be the sum of the developments in the states and in the zones. Therefore we must look inwards to unleash our economic capacities. The advantage of regional economic integration is that there is advantage in numbers.

While we debate and wait for the day Nigeria will see the wisdom to return to the Federal structure that made this zone part of the fastest growing economy in Africa, we must do that which is within the ability of the zones. We of the South-East/South-South Professionals are committed to the unity of our two zones based on mutual respect among the two zones. Most of the Governors of the South East/South-South states are all professionals like us. Therefore, we will have no difficulty in working with them to realize our dream of the South-East/South-South Development Zone anchored on the two institutions : The BRACED Commission and the South East Nigeria Economic Commission(SENEC).

Since 2005, the South-East/South-South Professionals have done a lot of work to create a new thinking among our politicians and our people. The two zones have great potentials for economic boom to create a sustainable homeland for the people of this area. The human and material resources are there. For example Calabar port can be as viable as Apapa port. Port Harcourt port can be more viable than Tin Can Island port. After all, the people of the South-East and South-South zones are dominant in import and export. These two zones also have enormous oil and gas. Therefore we must take our destiny in our hands.

Towards  achieving that goal, we are planning a South East South South Development Forum which will take place in November 2012. The theme of the Forum is “From Talk to Action“. An Actionable Development Agenda for the South East South South Zones  sponsored by SESSP will be presented for discussion and adoption at the event. The Working Group on the Agenda includes the following development experts: Dr. Umar Eleazu,Prof Anya O Anya,Prof. Pat Utomi,Prof. Chukwuma Soludo,Dr. Osita Ogbu, Pat Bassey, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa,Bismarck Rewane,Dr. Ike Abugu, Arc. Denzil Kentebe, Mrs.Ndidi Nwuneli,Dr. Boniface Chizea, Chief Chike Nwanze.All that we require are the determination and the focus to do those things that are necessary. I have no doubt that we can find the will.

Once more, on behalf of the South-East/South-South professionals, I congratulate you all and wish you a very fruitful summit.

Emeka Ugwu-Oju

President, South-East/ South-South Professionals

http://sessp.org/south-south-economic-summitasaba-delta-state
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by ckmayoca: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mumu people... Why don't we also have North North and south central.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
Why was Rochas Okorocha absent from the previous meetings?

Category: REPORTS
Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 19:03
Written by Odogwu Emeka Odogwu

South-South/South-East Governors to Hold Summit to Engender Economic Growth

Onitsha - A marathon meeting of the South-East/South-South Governors yesterday ended in Awka with an agreement to schedule a meeting of the stakeholders from the zone for a cross fertilization of ideas on best ways to move the zones forward. The meeting was attended by the host Governor Peter Obi (Anambra). Other Governors were Sullivan Chime

(Enugu), Theodore Orji (Abia), Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta),  Liyel Imoke (Cross River),  Engr. Dave Umahi (Ebonyi Deputy Governor).

Although the Governors came in piece meal for the meeting it officially ended by about 4:30 pm with a group photograph and reading of their resolution to the journalists.

Addressing journalists after the meeting on their resolutions at the Anambra state Governor’s Amawbia lodge , the Governor of Cross River State, Sen. Liyel Imoke, said that the  Summit which would hold in the first week of January, 2014, and would attract prominent leaders form the Zones.

Gov. Imoke explained that the Summit would offer a platform for the cross-fertilization of ideas and contributions of input on common needs of the Zone and the country with the ultimate aim of engendering economic and other activities that would be to the greater glory of the country.

The Governors, after assessing the State of the nation, reiterated their total support for the Government of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and called on Nigerians to support him in his efforts and determination to make Nigeria a better place for all Nigerians. They encouraged Nigerians to promote only those things that would promote the unity and progress of the country.

Receiving the Governors to Anambra, Gov. Peter Obi took the opportunity to introduce the APGA candidate in the Anambra State gubernatorial election, Dr. Willie Obiano to them. He said the meeting was the first to be hosted in Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Progressive01(m): 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Bros, ya comment sha come dey do one kind oo. Nobody say make una no do opposition oo, but leave all these small yeye talks to the children for opposition.

Meeting wen dem never hold you don say e go dey meaningless. Why not wait until the outcome of the meeting?? Shooo. Na wa you oo.

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by omonnakoda: 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
ogaontop:
Agendaless Meeting!
Not really
The meeting will start
They will say Kidu
They will say Odunmo
They will break Kola

They will shout Kwinu

They will Drink Palmwine

They will Shout Kwinu

They will eat AKpoo

They Will Shout Kwinu
They will drink more palmwine
They will Shout Kwinu
They will Shout Yaaaaa
The meeting will End
They will go home
They will remove their baby/red hats
They will mess
They will sleep

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
SE/SS. I see Barcanisata crying in his small cubicle.
Vanguard please correct that title before someone dies of heart attack. Lol!

16 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Olive33: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Olive33: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
Why was southwest excluded ?

Hope they wouldn't say this is attachee by force .....
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by EasternActivist: 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lol. I can see some people shedding tears when they saw SS/SE.

Op please remove that before someone dies of HBP. Lol

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
EasternActivist:
Lol. I can see some people shedding tears when they saw SS/SE.

Op please remove that before someone dies of HBP. Lol
let me try to be tribalistic like you.

a yoloba man summons all SS/SE leaders to meet him asap.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by EasternActivist: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
let me try to be tribalistic like you.

a yoloba man summons all SS/SE leaders to meet him asap.

You mean the mere commissioner that walks on ground floor (ani nkiti) while Willie obiano walks on red carpet.
You mean osubande the fake pastor that says all Nigerians are corrupt including his kinsmen.

Let me stop here but don't provoke me to continue... Smh!!!

21 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
EasternActivist:

You mean the mere commissioner that walks on ground floor (ani nkiti) while Willie obiano walks on red carpet.
You mean osubande the fake pastor that says all Nigerians are corrupt including his kinsmen.

Let me stop here but don't provoke me to continue... Smh!!!
mr tribalist, that mere commissioner has summoned all your leaders in SS/SE.

dem no born dem well make dem no show face. grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by EasternActivist: 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Okk will I also say that the idiot of your vice-president was summoned by SS/SE Nass and governors....
And thunder will scatter the short man if he doesn't show up... grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Ogbuefi2020: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

lol. I tnk d mere comisioner is d one being summoned

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by ikeg7416: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Olive33:
Why was southwest excluded ?

Hope they wouldn't say this is attachee by force .....

Last time I stated that the waste have never been included in all southern unity building attempt by the governors unless it's one they, sw, called for. One of them went and brought out a topic where they were included completely forgetting I did state, they get included only when they call the meeting.

Yet again, my statemt have been proven once more. I've never read one article where governors of south meets called by either a SS or SE governor where they invited SW. Not once and you can quote me on that.
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Ecoterrorism(f): 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Its a useless meeting because Osunbad is a MRE figurehead, I will take the meeting serious if it was El Rufai that organised it

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by brize(m): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
To tell them never to propose any bill for Biafra referendum? #SMH
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Progressive01:
Bros, ya comment sha come dey do one kind oo. Nobody say make una no do opposition oo, but leave all these small yeye talks to the children for opposition.

Meeting wen dem never hold you don say e go dey meaningless. Why not wait until the outcome of the meeting?? Shooo. Na wa you oo.
Bros you sef know our career Politicians na.
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Progressive01(m): 10:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros you sef know our career Politicians na.
So if we know wetin our "career politicians" fit do, why then do we support them?? My guess is we do because bad as they are, we still give them the benefit of the doubt.

So saying nothing meaningful will come out of a meeting that is yet to be held sounds "somehow" to me.
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by babyfaceafrica: 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nice one
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by VANHELLSING: 2:25am On Feb 26, 2016
What authority/opinion has that dwarf of a mare commissioner got to summon such a high calibre meeting of SS/SE great mind? Perhaps, it should be the other way round, as a mare house boy/man in aso rock he's invited to come and rub shoulders with big boys, while his oga, bubu is not in town................. Poor osunbade
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Anticabal: 6:36am On Feb 26, 2016
Osunbade....that name funny die. Buhari sabi give people name oo. lmao!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Olive33: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2016
Where goeth lalasticlala wink
Re: Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri by Wadesings: 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Obasanjo the true politician

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Working Hard To Stabilize Power Situation In Nigeria, Says Buhari / More Behind The Incessant Killings In The Country / LIES: NCDC Data Show Presidency ‘lied’ About Abba Kyari’s Death (see Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.