Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

An Open Letter To Local Market For Reduction Price Of Commodities - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Local Market For Reduction Price Of Commodities (526 Views)

Abia State Governor Steps In A Local Market(graphic Pics) / Nigerians React Bitterly On The High Increase Of Prices Of Commodities / An Open Letter To Mr. Seun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Local Market For Reduction Price Of Commodities by abdultek: 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO LOCAL MARKET FOR REDUCTION IN PRICE OF COMMODITIES

Dear Local market,
As the embittered Naira struggles to Upgrade against dollar , You have little or no relationship with the naira -Dollar saga.
I observed that there is rapid increment in prices of your items that are grown, harvested and packed in Nigeria, such as Garri, rice, Beans and among others.
This is another phase of unjust and intolerable puzzling situation that needs serious attention before you(local market) form an ally with dollar (the external force) to collectively deal with or punish ordinary Nigerians for an offence they know nothing about.
It is quite shocking and disheartening at this moment that the price of commodities are as twice the amount usually been purchased. What Surprised me most was earlier this afternoon when I asked for the price at which a bag of sachet pure water is been sold not knowing that the the price had jumped from 60 or 70 naira to #150 per bag. Then I began to imagine what exactly is happening? But at the end I arrived at a thought provoking conclusion that 'you' the local market is seizing the opportunity of Nigeria's Economic quagmire to infiltrate and hike the price of food items and other home made commodities. What an opportunistic coincidence!. Perhaps I stand to be corrected.
But before you (local market) join hands with the evil economic force to pulverize the nation, let me call on the attention of the government and Nigerians to kick against the cut throat prize of local items as the masses are currently suffering from stomach infrastructural disease.

Written By:
Alabi Oluwatosin Abdulganiu.
Abdultek.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Nairalanders Leap Year Celebrants! / MARCH 20 Folks ! Get In Here And Let's Cut The Cake / Senate Passes 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.