Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Religion Is Phony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Phony (1405 Views)

100% Proof That Religion Is A Sham. MUST READ !!!! / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / Religion Is A Propaganda Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is Phony by MandingoII(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2009
Religion is one of the most phony, yet interesting, human topics ever. Here are 6 things that prove that  religion is wrong (in the last reason).

1. If God is supposed to protect us from evil and is supposedly omnipotent (everywhere at any given time) and omnibenevolent (the ultimate in good), why doesn't he save us from the present evil already?!
2. If God already knows the future and created us in his image, then humanity is destined to know everything He knows and we will not have the true free will we have. An example is this very post. I don't know if I will get lots of hate from religious nuts or not so I'm posting this to see the reaction. If I knew what the reaction would be, like "God", I wouldn't be writing this.
3. If God is omnipotent and not everyone believes in Him, He would do a better job gathering believers.
4. Why would a supernatural being create a universe? Because He was bored to death? He can't desire it because the concept of desire is subjectively human.
5. Ma and Pa told me that God meant to make us imperfect. Why the hell would God make us imperfect if He, according to the Bible, expects so much from us as individuals. They never gave me a straightforward answer, or even a relevant one.
6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

Now I would love to stick around and watch the discussion unfold, but I have a booty call to catch.

See ya. I respond to your comments later.
Re: Religion Is Phony by Tudor6(f): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2009
Oh please, tell us something we don't already know!
Re: Religion Is Phony by sandee575(f): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
Religion isnt science. It isnt about academics. It is a way of life. Believers receive guidance. They have something
to lean on in the world of mystery. If you can cope without religion, fair enough. Not many are as daring. So dont
go on seeking loopholes in the system. Its ever so futile. Just be a GOOD boy. OK.
Re: Religion Is Phony by MandingoII(m): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
Religion isnt science. It isnt about academics. It is a way of life. Believers receive guidance. They have something
to lean on in the world of mystery. If you can cope without religion, fair enough. Not many are as daring. So dont
go on seeking loopholes in the system. Its ever so futile. Just be a GOOD boy. OK.

Loopholes?

how about FRAUD.

Religion was created by the Egyptians. (who probably stole it from the Ethiopians)

Google religion origins.

The Egyptian Kings were Lied to by their Prophets. They told the Kings that they will LIVE forever.

As you know all living things die. The Great Kings could not possibily believe they were on earth for a short time.

Thus, the prophets concocted the "afterlife"

Bullshit!
Re: Religion Is Phony by noetic2: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
MandingoII:

Religion is one of the most phony, yet interesting, human topics ever. Here are 6 things that prove that  religion is wrong (in the last reason).

1. If God is supposed to protect us from evil and is supposedly omnipotent (everywhere at any given time) and omnibenevolent (the ultimate in good), why doesn't he save us from the present evil already?!

Typical IGNORANCE.

Evil was not created. evil is simply the absence of God.

2. If God already knows the future and created us in his image, then humanity is destined to know everything He knows and we will not have the true free will we have. An example is this very post. I don't know if I will get lots of hate from religious nuts or not so I'm posting this to see the reaction. If I knew what the reaction would be, like "God", I wouldn't be writing this.

This is unintelligent.

free will simply involves responsibility for ur actions or inactions. since u knew that ur posts reflects illiteracy and jejune assertions, didnt u know that ur post will be classified as RIDICULOUS.
make ur decisions, acknowledge or deny Jesus and then face the consequences. simple.

3. If God is omnipotent and not everyone believes in Him, He would do a better job gathering believers.

God also has the power of CHOICE. He chooses to give u a free will . . . . .use it.
come to him or go to the devil.

4. Why would a supernatural being create a universe? Because He was bored to death? He can't desire it because the concept of desire is subjectively human.

Another ridiculous assumption a primary school kid should not make.
whats the basis of assuming that desire is subjectively human? whats the basis of assuming that creation was a product of boredom of God?
are u educated at all?

5. Ma and Pa told me that God meant to make us imperfect. Why the hell would God make us imperfect if He, according to the Bible, expects so much from us as individuals. They never gave me a straightforward answer, or even a relevant one.

u are imperfect because of the first sin. God does not expect so much from u, thats why there is grace in Christ Jesus.

6. Religion is very inconsistent about the idea of God and what He wants from us (if God can even feel desire). So that also proves, not only the non-existence of God, but the inaccuracy and incorrectness of many, if not all, religions.

Ridiculously meaningless rhetoric.

The concept of God is very consistent as far as christianity is concerned. how does ur imaginary inconsistency prove the non-existence of God?

Now I would love to stick around and watch the discussion unfold, but I have a booty call to catch.

See ya. I respond to your comments later.

please say something else.

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Bible? / Would I Be An Atheist Hypocrite? / Will There Be Free will In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.