Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nigerians Are Thieves - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Are Thieves (1653 Views)

Photos Of Suspected Thieves Who Were Paraded With Stolen Vehicles In Ondo / Car Thieves At FCMB Rumumasi In Port Harcourt Caught (Graphic Photos) / The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
Drama at Transcorp Hilton Hotel as Greece envoy, Wife label Nigerians thieves
The Greece ambassador in Nigeria, Mr. Haris Dafaranos and his wife, Haralambo, at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, on Friday evening, labelled Nigerians thieves.
The couple were at the reception of the luxurious hotel when the wife found a wrist watch belonging to a customer of the hotel, Mr. Notore Kolagbodi, who had apparently forgotten it while checking out. The security personnel on duty at the reception then requested for the wrist watch to be kept for the owner but the woman would not entertain any such intervention from the personnel. Her reason for refusal, according to an eye witness, was that Nigerians are habitual thieves and so she could not trust the security people to hand it over to the owner. Even the intervention of the security manager on duty and several other guests could not persuade the ambassador’s wife to part with the wrist watch. While the altercation was going on, the owner, Mr. Kolagbodi, returned and wanted to claim his wrist watch but the ambassador’s wife stood her ground, saying that the claimant must show her proof of ownership before she could give it to him. At this stage, an uproar ensued as many exasperated Nigerians who had listened to the exchanges began to express anger at the affront of the woman who continually insisted that Nigerians are thieves. Sources quoted the husband as saying: “Nigerians are thieves. Can anyone of them deny that fact? What is the assurance that you guys did not connive to bring this fellow as the rightful owner of the wrist watch?” There was an exchange of hot words but eventually the woman was persuaded to hand over the wrist watch to the owner while the Nigerians present wondered why an ambassador and his wife could be so undiplomatic in their utterances. Greece and Nigeria enjoy close ties since Greece’ establishment of diplomatic mission in Nigeria in 1970 though trade between the two countries is imbalanced, with imports from Greece to Nigeria exceeding exports. Greek-owned tankers have an important role in shipping Nigerian oil and natural gas, its main exports. Recently, a Greek tanker was involved a dispute over crude oil smuggling. On March 25, 2009, Dafaranos stated that Greece will continue to explore new areas of co-operation and boost cultural, economic, scientific and technological ties with Nigeria. grin

Source – Nigerian Vanguard -Sunday, July 12, 2009 By Sam Eyoboka
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2009
Na wa oo. . . . . .Because of a wrist watch, the Greek ambassador's missus branded the whole of Nigeria, "as Thieves" shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by sweetpie23: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
some Nigerians are just a big shame, I keep recieving emails from Nigeria that I have won money and so on. I advice some of them check the meaning of words, you wouldn't believe the title of the letter grin the title was, "officially stamp from the house of senate" lol
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2009
sweetpie23:

some Nigerians are just a big shame, I keep recieving emails from Nigeria that I have won money and so on. I advice some of them check the meaning of words, you wouldn't believe the title of the letter grin the[b] title was, "officially stamp from the house of senate" lol[/b]

Buhahahahaha. . . . How daft! grin
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by mccloud224(m): 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
The way we allow foreigners to ridicule us in this country baffles me.Three robberies happen every minute in the US plus a murder every hour.Do you hear people talking about that?A while back, our soccer team got robbed in Egypt.Did you hear anybody call Egyptians thieves?Na wa ooo. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
mccloud224:

The way we allow foreigners to ridicule us in this country baffles me.Three robberies happen every minute in the US plus a murder every hour.Do you hear people talking about that?A while back, our soccer team got robbed in Egypt.Did you hear anybody call Egyptians thieves?Na wa ooo. lipsrsealed

Ol boy na me call Nigerian thieves? grin
You better go and query the Greek ambassador's missus. . . .  grin
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by tboy1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
sweetpie23:

some Nigerians are just a big shame, I keep recieving emails from Nigeria that I have won money and so on.  I advice some of them check the meaning of words, you wouldn't believe the title of the letter grin the title was, "officially stamp from the house of senate" lol
Most of those emails are not sent from nigeria . . . its mostly from european countries
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by mccloud224(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
What I'm trying to say is we shouldn't allow these foreigners to keep down grading us like that and getting away with it.If this had happened in the US,France or even Korea, do you think they would have let the matter lie low?I don't think so.They would have apologized,promised to uncover the crime BUT he must take back his comments and apologize to the people of that country.Na so dem dey do am.As it, he was labeled the country as a whole as thieves (even if the whole country na thief, e no give dem right to yan dust.Are his people the most law abiding citizens in the world?)
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
tboy1:

Most of those emails are not sent from nigeria . . . its mostly from european countries

True dude. . . . .
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by mccloud224(m): 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
So why is every negative issue directed towards Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2009
mccloud224:

Ask Nigerians tongue
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by mccloud224(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2009
That's what I'm doing.I'm asking Nigerians or are you now a white man?
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2009
mccloud224:

That's what I'm doing.I'm asking Nigerians or are you now a white man?

I am not Nigerian! tongue
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by sweetpie23: 9:40am On Jul 21, 2009
mccloud224:

MrCrackles:

Ask Nigerians tongue
good answer
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by Bastage: 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2009
tboy1:

ROFLMAO.
You dumb Bleep. Because a Yahoo boy say he in Europe does not mean the email come from there. grin grin

Oh boy. You made me piss my pants laughing.
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by sweetpie23: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
grin grin some people are very stupid
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
Bastage:

ROFLMAO.
You dumb mess. Because a Yahoo boy say he in Europe does not mean the email come from there. grin grin

grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by tboy1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
Bastage:

ROFLMAO.
You dumb mess. Because a Yahoo boy say he in Europe does not mean the email come from there. grin grin
WOW you did make me feel sad for you when i read your post embarassed embarassed embarassed
You really need to do your research before you start with the insult . . . If you want i'll school you on this topic for free cool
P.S: next time, construct your sentence without the insult
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
tboy1:

WOW you did make me feel sad for you when i read your post embarassed embarassed embarassed
You really need to do your research before you start with the insult . . . If you want i'll school you on this topic for free cool
P.S: next time, construct your sentence without the insult

grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by GEW: 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
tboy1:

so the guys asking for western union to ibadan, lagos and onitsha are talking of lagos, prague or ibadan, athens?  nigerians and denials
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by tboy1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
GEW:

so the guys asking for western union to ibadan, lagos and onitsha are talking of lagos, prague or ibadan, athens?  nigerians and denials
Its the noobs that still do this from nigeria. . .
This whole AFF has been invented since the early 1980's. Nigerians based in nigeria doing this scam is nothing compared to whats going on in europe. How many internet connections did nigerians have before year 2000?
Pls just google and get more info on dis.
I never wrote anywhere that nigerians don't send the emails, all i wrote was that most of the emails are sent from europe
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2009
she's entitled to her opinion.

She can call Nigerians whatever she likes- most of them (especially the males) wont mind as long as she provides them one of her countrywomen to date.
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by Bastage: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2009
Oh boy, I am laughing so hard.

The majority of Yahoo boys are European white kids?

The jails there must be full of them.
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by IFELEKE(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2009
It's not only about calling us thieves, these foreigners ridicule us in other worse ways.
Imagine the less than human treatment asians give to nigerians who work for them right here in our country.
What about the treatment we get in embassies and airports here and outside.
@Topic
We should take the blame for the insults we get.!
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by mamagee6(f): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2009
tboy1:

They are sent from Nigerians in Europe. undecided
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by tboy1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
,mama-gee:

They are sent from Nigerians in Europe. undecided
not necessary Nigerians . . . we're childsplay compared to these Europeans
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by mamagee6(f): 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2009
Most Europeans are Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by tboy1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2009
,mama-gee:

Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by sweetpie23: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2009
,mama-gee:

example?
Re: Nigerians Are Thieves by MrCrackles(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2009
,mama-gee:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Why We Prefer Live Human Beings – Suspected Parts Dealer / PHOTOS, VIDEO: Man Dressed As Priest Filmed Masturbating On Altar In Church / Young Man Walked Unclad In Broad Daylight For #10000 In Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.