Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) (47030 Views)

I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) / Photos Of Suspected Thieves Who Were Paraded With Stolen Vehicles In Ondo / What Was Done To A Guy Who Stole A Gold Necklace Somewhere In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by olsmade(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2012
It was not just another Saturday as my elder brother was tying the knot that fateful day. I was wearing the native Yoruba 'up and down' (buba and soro). At the end of the church service, we took turns to take pictures with the new couple. In the frenzy of taking pictures n guests leaving, I felt a tug on my buba and then another one after which I looked back and saw an elderly man which gave me the impression that I was mistaken but to be double sure, I checked all the items I had on me and alas, my iPhone was gone. I had somebody check where I sat in church but it was nowhere to be found. I dialled my number immediately but somebody kept cutting the call. I however have a tweak installed on my iPhone that prevents you from switching off the phone from the lockscreen if you don't know the password. The tweak also snaps your picture with the front camera n sends it to my email. After about 20 mins, a few pictures started getting to my mail and to my greatest surprise, what I saw was indeed very surprising. Check out the faces of my iPhone thief n his accomplices. Unfortunately Im not based in Lagos and I'm returning to my PPA. The people at the church (st Paul's Anglican church, Agege) don't seem to know him.

16 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by olenyi: 8:52am On Dec 09, 2012
Sorry u hear

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2012
pls what app is that and sorry for your loss. the police can help since you have his pix, he should however be made to pay all the bills incured in tracking him down
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by olsmade(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
The name of the app is 'iGotya' and its a cydia app.
The pictures came into my email box in that order. about 30 minutes apart. I have so many pictures of that first man as he tried several times to switch it off. about 30 minutes later, d 2nd guy comes into the picture (pun intended) and den finally the not so clear last guy.
I suspect dat dis man does dis regularly and already has a chain - he gives it to the other guy who apparently is a tout, maybe in computer village who then gives it to the 3rd guy who probably has a shop in CV.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by moredendisc: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
olsmade: It was not just another Saturday as my elder brother was tying the knot that fateful day. I was wearing the native Yoruba 'up and down' (buba and soro). At the end of the church service, we took turns to take pictures with the new couple. In the frenzy of taking pictures n guests leaving, I felt a tug on my buba and then another one after which I looked back and saw an elderly man which gave me the impression that I was mistaken but to be double sure, I checked all the items I had on me and alas, my iPhone was gone. I had somebody check where I sat in church but it was nowhere to be found. I dialled my number immediately but somebody kept cutting the call. I however have a tweak installed on my iPhone that prevents you from switching off the phone from the lockscreen if you don't know the password. The tweak also snaps your picture with the front camera n sends it to my email. After about 20 mins, a few pictures started getting to my mail and to my greatest surprise, what I saw was indeed very surprising. Check out the faces of my iPhone thief n his accomplices. Unfortunately Im not based in Lagos and I'm returning to my PPA. The people at the church (st Paul's Anglican church, Agege) don't seem to know him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKz38rpGhs0
iPhone Anti-Theft system with iGotYa! Takes picture of your thief!

FindmyiPhone alternative on Cydia called iGotYa that can use the front facing camera to take picture of your thief,
it'll even show you GPS location of your device!
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by olsmade(m): 7:39am On Dec 10, 2012
moredendisc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKz38rpGhs0
iPhone Anti-Theft system with iGotYa! Takes picture of your thief!

FindmyiPhone alternative on Cydia called iGotYa that can use the front facing camera to take picture of your thief,
it'll even show you GPS location of your device!

yeah, u r ryt. In saner climes, diz guys would be behind bars already. I am still trying to get them arrested though but problem is that Im back where Im serving.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
were are the mods,pls put this thread on the fp, people needs to be informed of apps like this and also the face of this thiefs.

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Francheezy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
lma0, al dem d!z guyz dey ugly 0oh

3 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ugliest morafuckers Ive ever seen in ma life.

Did you report this to the police?

3 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by sylve11: 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dem don bring this one from crime section to front page? undecided cool
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by dilbert100: 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
hope you can find this guy...and what a great app

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by olempe(m): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
I'm learning a lot here, never knew apps like this existed.

Op, sorry for ur loss, I sincerely hope the police would help u track it.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by mrkels(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
See as him face resemble FOOL own, old hag. Please nairalanders who frequent shops in computer village kindly help identify this man so the long arm of the law can catch up with him

3 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by babseg(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
who knows, may be they are even reading this post grin

6 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by lafuria1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
that na person papa wai steal phone, na wa o

3 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by realsammie(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
The first guy looks like a pastor and the secobd guy ibotic
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
I fear for Naija. How can an old person steal so guiltlessly like that?

Wha da Bleep is wrong with you people? angry
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by bknight: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
One useful application afterall. Not some apps teaching me to catch a cheating partner,whew!

2 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by pharuk: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sorry abt your loss, hope you get it back..

Quite funny a similar story is making headline in the UK

http://news.sky.com/story/1023338/igotya-app-sends-pic-to-stolen-iphones-owner
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Rich4god(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
Those guys sef fit even be members for nairaland.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by whirlwind7(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
The first two men look like a father and son combo. This, obviously, is their means of earning a living, especially considering the age of the thief.

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by freecocoa(f): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Na wa o.
See as them worwor.angry

Ehen OP I don't really understand o, does it mean the phone snaps just anyone who is in possession of the phone but you? Or does the app knows who a thief is and snaps him?

2 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Only God knows how long he's been in the business.
Very scary ugly old man undecided

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by emilyone(f): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Oju olo ree! grin grin boys are not smilling oo.... igboro o rerin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by sundaybam(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Go ahead and post their pics on newspaper. Just 2 disgrace them

2 Likes

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
Na wa o! See technology! If to say I see this one since,my Tecno phone wey dem thief for my sister wedding for still dey now.OP abeg sorry for the loss jare.it is well.

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by mkoabiola: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
But ds armrobber is an old man.
Hw come,nawa oooo.
Dem no de write thief for face ooo.lol
Luks gentle.if u go to computer vilage ,u wil get dem cos dey blv dat is where dey can unlock it.
Oyinbo try ooo wit ds application.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by bigfat02: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
nice one how do we spread this news
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by tayolove12(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
so what are will going to do should I called police

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
These men look like lipsrsealed men..

1 Like

Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
sundaybam: Go ahead and post their pics on newspaper. Just 2 disgrace them
just to disgrace them na im wan make you put am for paper? I am very sure they will go to that same place and steal again.but naija police eh....will they help matters?
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included) by shadyJ: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sorry man.. Hopefully, something gud will come out of this info.. Excellent app, by the way.. How does it work? Randomly? Only for iphones?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obituary Of Lady Stabbed To Death During Morning Exercise In Anambra (Photos) / Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man / Names And Photos Of The Victims Of Owo Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.