Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ogun Assembly Majority Leader ‘a Criminal’ – Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Assembly Majority Leader ‘a Criminal’ – Police (421 Views)

Sandra Josephine Imaghodor Contesting For Edo House Of Assembly Convicted In UK / My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. / FSARS Arrests Ogun Assembly Member, 18 Others for Cultism, Thuggery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ogun Assembly Majority Leader ‘a Criminal’ – Police by iliyande(m): 10:07am On Feb 26, 2016
The Ogun State Police Command has accused the majority leader of the State House of Assembly, Yinka Mafe, of being part in 15 criminal cases, saying he may be prosecuted after investigations.

The command’s spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi, made this known to journalists on Tuesday, saying the lawmaker representing Sagamu 1 constituency was being investigated for allegedly sponsoring cultism and committing other crimes.

“We want to say, without mincing words that, we have only 15 cases against this person, all I know is that by the time we finish the investigations against him we are going to address the press,” he stated.

“Investigations are on into many of these cases, we don’t just come out to say we want to try somebody, we don’t like to take somebody to court and lose the case; we do whatever we want to do based on empirical facts. We are still trying to gather our empirical facts,” Mr. Adejobi stated.

“By the time we have the empirical facts, if need be to charge him to court, he is going to be prosecuted because he has no constitutional immunity and cannot say he is above the law, the police will do the needful.”

However, in his reaction, Mr. Mafe threatened to institute a legal action against the police for referring to him and the Assembly as “unclean”.

“I refuse to join issues with you. I believe you should know the implication of inferring that (me) and/or the institution of the Ogun State House of Assembly is ‘unclean’. Be assured that you will hear from my lawyer soon,” the lawmaker said.

source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/199059-ogun-assembly-majority-leader-criminal-police.html

Re: Ogun Assembly Majority Leader ‘a Criminal’ – Police by megaik: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2016
MATTERS ARISING!!! THESE ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE WE FIND IN CORIDDORS OF STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY.
Re: Ogun Assembly Majority Leader ‘a Criminal’ – Police by Akkord4gov: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2016
Anything can happen in Naija grin
Re: Ogun Assembly Majority Leader ‘a Criminal’ – Police by Mynd44: 10:13am On Feb 26, 2016

(1)

Same Nigeria? / Photos: 68yr Old Woman Battered By Her 79yr Old Husband In Lagos / OMG! Nigerian Man Creates Scene With Uk Police At Train Station (see Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.