Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala (1727 Views)

3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by kakameks: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2016
I've been trying to get the new tint permit but it seems the process involved is leading to other issues not planned for the latest for me is linking my car plate number to my car. And i was told it has to be done in the place the car was registered.

is there any Lagos FRSC guys in the house to help out with this?
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by Aiykay(m): 10:50am On Feb 26, 2016
I'm also facing the same thing, I was told to go and complete my plate number registration. I stay in phc while the car was registered in lagos and since then I've not made any move cos the thing just tire me.
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by kakameks: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
From what I was made to understand, my plate number is okay just that I needs to be linked to my car. Other guys were having incomplete registration, though those in this category were allowed to do their tint permit validation.

But I just can't understand why the FRSC has a decentralised data base? So if an officer in lagos wants to run a check on a car registered in sokoto. He needs to go to sokoto to be able to access their data? This makes no sense.

Does it mean that the different state chapters of FRSC are different organisations?
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by Stancity(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
kakameks:
From what I was made to understand, my plate number is okay just that I needs to be linked to my car. Other guys were having incomplete registration, though those in this category were allowed to do their tint permit validation.

But I just can't understand why the FRSC has a decentralised data base? So if an officer in lagos wants to run a check on a car registered in sokoto. He needs to go to sokoto to be able to access their data? This makes no sense.

Does it mean that the different state chapters of FRSC are different organisations?
I think thats why they are trying to push all registration to be made online to make the accessibility of datas very convenient.. You just have to try.. Its frustrating though..
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by kakameks: 11:55am On Feb 29, 2016
^^^
Well as you say, it will be nice for Nigeria to have a central data base for such issues but they should not you it as an excuse to fleece Nigerian of their hard earned money.

There is this disturbing matter, i learnt that if you have a car that has been registered in Lagos (Autoreg) and you reside in another state, you have been updating your yearly car papers in the state you reside (other than Lagos). I was told that if you happen to go back to Lagos and renew the car papers, you will have to repay those years that you did the renewal in another state before they renew your car papers.

Let me put it another way,
I bought and registered a car in Lagos in 2007.
the car was used and papers renewed yearly in, say, Rivers state, from 2007 to 2010. (3 yrs)
say i relocated to Lagos in 2011 and the car papers renewal are due, but i was told at the Lagos Licensing office that i will have to pay for the three previous years i did the registration outside Lagos before a the renewal is done.

Can some one confirm if this is true?
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by Emekasmart(m): 3:23am On Mar 01, 2016
kakameks:
^^^
Well as you say, it will be nice for Nigeria to have a central data base for such issues but they should not you it as an excuse to fleece Nigerian of their hard earned money.

There is this disturbing matter, i learnt that if you have a car that has been registered in Lagos (Autoreg) and you reside in another state, you have been updating your yearly car papers in the state you reside (other than Lagos). I was told that if you happen to go back to Lagos and renew the car papers, you will have to repay those years that you did the renewal in another state before they renew your car papers.

the car was used and papers renewed yearly in, say, Rivers state, from 2007 to 2010. (3 yrs)
say i relocated to Lagos in 2011 and the car papers renewal are due, but i was told at the Lagos Licensing office that i will have to pay for the three previous years i did the registration outside Lagos before a the renewal is done.

It's true,they are just using us as money making machine.
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28am On Mar 01, 2016
kakameks:
^^^

not true
Re: Tint Permit And Plate Number Update Wahala by chukel(m): 7:19am On Mar 01, 2016
kakameks:
^^^

it is true if that other state doesn't do autoreg.
About linking ur plate number to your car, u don't need to go to the place of initial registration. Check frsc site, there is a place for that linkage.! I did it online in 2012. And since then, my car has been linked. Once u run my plate number, it brings up my car. Can't really recall the site.

(1) (Reply)

Kano People Why? / In A Situation Like This, What Would Be Your Honest Reaction? / Is It Crime For Vehicles To Break Down On The Road?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.