Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now (18570 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by MrDonfranko(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
I drove into one of the police station to obtain the new tinted glass permit, in the process, it was discovered that the plate number of my car is being used by another car. My first question is "How is it possible?" Because I obtained this number from FRSC with all documents intact. I never know the car is going to stay for 12 days in the station.

A file was quickly open and the car became an exhibit. Thank God the car was registered by a very high ranking officer of the FRSC whom was brought to the station. As the investigation was going on, it was discovered that some people were producing these fake and duplicate number plates and giving out to innocent and unsuspicious Nigerian ripping them off their hard earned money.

My question is, should we now go and buy this numbers at a shop in Alaba or at idumota instead of the federal government approved agencies? In the course of my research, I stumbled upon the number plate verification system online. I started verifying cars of friends, church members and even cars that I see on the road. A shocking revelation was made that OUT OF EVERY 10 CARS you see on the road with LAGOS and ABUJA number plates, that at least 4 is FAKE.

You can check your own now.
(1) Go to www.nvisng.org/numberplateverification.aspx
(2) Enter your number in the space provided. Eg "ABC863AP
(3) Click on verify button. Then an information will be displayed below the button. Because FRSC did not want the general public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

Here are some samples:
1. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota highlander on 20/01/2015. If your car is Toyota highlander, then you are lucky its done. But if your car is for instance Toyota Camry and your verification shows the above message, then you are in as me. Solution is to go and re-register your car afresh.

2. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Matrix however the vehicle is yet to be registered..... If your car is Matrix, then just go back to the person that registered your car and tell him/her to complete your registration.

3. This plate number has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assign to any vehicle. It means that they just gave you a number plate that is not even registered in their system. Solution is to go to them to register your car and upload your information.

4. An invalid/wrong number plate. Do I need to explain this, NO.
Verify your car first and sort yourself out with the FRSC before you even proceed to police for tinted permit cos if police are the one to find out, then you know what follows. Many innocent Nigerian are suffering now because of impunity in our institutions
Note: this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB not AB123 ABC.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Dullahi(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
Valuable information. Front page worthy
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by PehaKaso: 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
I think similar threads exist

6 Likes

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by veekid(m): 6:48am On Aug 23, 2016
Nice info
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by omusiliyu(m): 6:48am On Aug 23, 2016
Everything is possible in Nigeria
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Dexpro: 6:48am On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm.....Nice one
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by damton(m): 6:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Good. heads up
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by lifezone247(m): 6:49am On Aug 23, 2016
PehaKaso:
I think similar threads exist
Yea right.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by slimmyjimmy(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
My ride is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by edlion57(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
We are suppose to even der apply for this online so DAT it will b easier

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Goldenheart(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
verifed
Thanks grin
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by GoldenJAT(m): 6:51am On Aug 23, 2016
very vital and necessary information...some people will stil ignore it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by omogidi234(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2016
Mod na wah! One thread has been in trending since and this one just enter FP straight.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Dapromzy333(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2016
embarassed
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by originalKsp(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks....very vital information
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Histrings08(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Useful
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by lonelydora: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Ways of short cut are ways of destruction. Do not patronize touts in all your dealings.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by austinbrown: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Police Don use this thing chop my brother 10k two times, claiming that it's a stolen car. Bastards
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by stiyke(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2016
why is the site bearing a .org and not .ng.gov?? is this really a government/FRSC website??

3 Likes

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by PureWays(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Useful information.. Thanks Op.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by bodmas119(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2016
how does it help d economy situation, nonsense
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by MadCow1: 6:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Mine were verified when I did my tint permit.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2016
MrDonfranko:
I drove into one of the police station to obtain the new tinted glass permit, in the process, it was discovered that the plate number of my car is being used by another car. My first question is "How is it possible?" Because I obtained this number from FRSC with all documents intact. I never know the car is going to stay for 12 days in the station.

A file was quickly open and the car became an exhibit. Thank God the car was registered by a very high ranking officer of the FRSC whom was brought to the station. As the investigation was going on, it was discovered that some people were producing these fake and duplicate number plates and giving out to innocent and unsuspicious Nigerian ripping them off their hard earned money.

My question is, should we now go and buy this numbers at a shop in Alaba or at idumota instead of the federal government approved agencies? In the course of my research, I stumbled upon the number plate verification system online. I started verifying cars of friends, church members and even cars that I see on the road. A shocking revelation was made that OUT OF EVERY 10 CARS you see on the road with LAGOS and ABUJA number plates, that at least 4 is FAKE.

You can check your own now.
(1) Go to www.nvisng.org/numberplateverification.aspx
(2) Enter your number in the space provided. Eg "ABC863AP
(3) Click on verify button. Then an information will be displayed below the button. Because FRSC did not want the general public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

Here are some samples:
1. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota highlander on 20/01/2015. If your car is Toyota highlander, then you are lucky its done. But if your car is for instance Toyota Camry and your verification shows the above message, then you are in as me. Solution is to go and re-register your car afresh.

2. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Matrix however the vehicle is yet to be registered..... If your car is Matrix, then just go back to the person that registered your car and tell him/her to complete your registration.

3. This plate number has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assign to any vehicle. It means that they just gave you a number plate that is not even registered in their system. Solution is to go to them to register your car and upload your information.

4. An invalid/wrong number plate. Do I need to explain this, NO.
Verify your car first and sort yourself out with the FRSC before you even proceed to police for tinted permit cos if police are the one to find out, then you know what follows. Many innocent Nigerian are suffering now because of impunity in our institutions
Note: this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB not AB123 ABC.

Number Plate is valid and assigned to Corolla. undecided

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by datola: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016
The whole system called Nigeria is really stinking.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Ibidapson(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Informative.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by hazyfm1: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2016
cool cool coolJUST CHECKED MINE
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by steffans(m): 7:09am On Aug 23, 2016
Corruption is everywhere..
I thought buhari has eradicated kwaruption.?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by tk4rd: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2016
GoldenJAT:
very vital and necessary information...some people will stil ignore it
Yess.. It will be ignored because of the time, money, and long procedures and protocols involved..
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Qmerit(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Op do you notice or do any one notice that 2014 plate numbers are consider to be old number and not verifiable? I checked mine that was the result and I checked my friend's own which we numbered last month and it's says assigned to Honda Suv.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Realist5: 7:16am On Aug 23, 2016
T
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Amanwulu1(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2016
@op, just checked and they said it's valid and assigned to name of my car but nothing was said about car registratn. Could there b any problem?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by justicejay(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2016
Fake plate number undecided
Aba boys at work again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / How To Get A Car Loan In Nigeria - A Complete Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.