Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,638 members, 7,865,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them (2603 Views)

'One Million Boys' Gang Kills Woman In Ibadan (Photo) / Oyo Police Arrest ‘one Million Boys’ Leader, 166 Other Suspects (photos) / One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by winkmart: 11:40am On Feb 26, 2016
First of all, if I should say I’m happy to become part of lagos.life crew, it simply means I’m making an understatement. I’m not just happy to be here, I’m proud to be here. And sure, I think we all will enjoy ourselves.

Now, as you all should already know, Lagos is a place that accommodates everyone. And since anyone from anywhere made Lagos their abode, any kind of vices can be found in Lagos. And one of such is the dread One Million Boys.

The name ‘One Million Boys’ might sound alien to many people, especially those of you who aren’t living in Lagos (In fact, since Lagos is big, some people in some part of Lagos might not understand this well). So let me first start from the beginning.

In Lagos, there are some places regarded as ‘big men area’ (simply because majority of the occupants are wealthy people). Places like Lekki, Victoria Island, Alien Avenue, and so on, fit into this category. While, again, there are some places that are regarded as ‘poor men area’ (simply because majority of the occupants are middle class and below). Places like Okokomaiko, Ajangbadi, and so on, fit into this category. Then lastly, there are some places regarded as ‘ghetto areas’. Majority of the occupants there are not only below middle class, but it is a home of ‘thuggery’. In fact, many of average families in those places categorize as ‘poor men areas’ have distain for those ghetto areas, and would never want to go live near such places. Such ‘ghetto areas’ include, ***coughs** Ajegunle, ***coughs**Mushin Olosa, let me shut up at this point.

Now, in those ghetto areas like Ajegunle, many of the youths there are forming different bad gangs (I believe non-access to education also played a role). The gangs indulge in lots of evil vices. You see young boys smoking Indian hemp. You see young boys who believe so much in trouble and violence. In fact, one of my sisters travelled to such ghetto areas, intending to spend a little time with their relatives there. Guess what? She ran back quickly. She recalled how the atmosphere was always tensed and scary. How broad day robbery was constantly carried out, including how females were often molested. But, wait, where are the police? They are…erm…they are…erm..erm. Let me shut up.

So, you should already guess what I’m trying to say: One Million Boys Gang Emerged From Ajegunle (one of the ghetto areas of Lagos). Then bit by bit, they begin spreading to other areas in Lagos. But, since there are different gangs, what is special about these guys?

I will say two things made them special. First, their name (NOT ONE HUNDRED OR ONE THOUSAND, ONE MILLION!). Then number two, THEY DO ALERT PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE COMING. What? You heard that right. They will write a letter to you, telling you they are coming!!

Wait. Wait. Wait. I know there are other gangs that do write to people regarding when they are coming to strike. But I will tell you, with a close experience, about what made this guys special.

I’m coming!!!

http://lagos.life/one-million-boys-saga-intro/
Re: One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by winkmart: 11:41am On Feb 26, 2016
THIS IS THE 2ND PART

In the first part, I introduced to you the dreaded One Million Boys. I told you they are said to emerged from Ajegunle (a place we can say is the headquarters of ghetto areas in Lagos). And, surprisingly, they are known for writing letters to inform you when they are coming.

I know some other gangs do write letters too. A lady in Abuja once posted a letter written to them by a gang, stating their demands. The gang said:

If you are a landlord or lady, keep 500,000 naira for them.

If you are a tenant with 2 jeep cars, keep 500,000 naira for them.

If you are a tenant with 2 cars that aren’t jeeps, keep 300,000 naira for them.

If you are a caretaker, keep 200,000 naira for them. And so on.

But there are two things I didn’t tell In the episode one about One Million Boys. First is that, they’ve being in existence since as far back as 2012. They keep terrorizing people in Ajegunle until they also were hunted and subdued. Then, they kinda went on a low key.

The second surprising thing I didn’t tell you is that, they actually began as a vigilante group! The original motive of the group was to fight perceived injustices that are known in Ajegunle. And as the association (which was first created by a group of about 20 boys) was growing from strength to strength, they formed vigilante group to checkmate and fight crime and criminality in the community. In fact, at night, the police use to sit up with them, meaning they were endorsed. Why all of a sudden, did they become a terrorizing group?

It all began when a young final year university student (who is a cultist in school) influenced them. He came with guns and made them see the possibilities of making money with the guns, greed set in and they begin robbing people.

What made the One Million Boys ‘special’ is the ruthless way they operate. They will storm a community in large numbers (after writing to inform that they are coming), and will confidently rob each house. They will steal money, phones, and others. And as if that isn’t enough, they will ask blood relations to sleep with each other (especially those they can’t give them money). Even back then in 2012, in Ajegunle, they forced a father to sleep with his own daughter! Imagine! At times, if they stormed a house with tenants, and they discovered that tenant A and tenant B doesn’t have money, they will force Tenant A’s wife to sleep with Tenant B, and vice versa. Some other times, they are the ones that do rape women, depending on their mood.

Can you now see why the One Million Boys are ‘special’?

Having ‘introduced’ them to you, let me now personally tell you my personal experience with them in 2016.

Since they have being hunted out of Ajegunle, they are now moving bit by bits into areas such as Ojo Local Government and Badagry. Well, I presently stay in Ojo Local Government, and I’ve got personal exciting stories about these guys. Just keep tuned to lagos.life, and don’t forget to tell your friend about us here.

I will be right back!

http://lagos.life/one-million-boys-saga-episode-2/
Re: One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by winkmart: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2016
READ THE CONCLUDING PARTS ON

www.lagos.life
Re: One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by sarzwizard(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2016
Epistle of john the babthist

Re: One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by ChappyChase: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2016
sarzwizard:
Epistle of john the babthist
Abeg help me tell that john the baptist to post remaining story for here or forget it!
Re: One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by McCarlito(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
After all wetin APC and their imaginary change don do person for Nigeria u still wan use one story lure person enter ur page
Na wah u oooo..... This OP sef harsh small
Re: One Million Boys Saga - My Personal Experience With Them by winkmart: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
ChappyChase:

Abeg help me tell that john the baptist to post remaining story for here or forget it!

Not mandatory.

(1) (Reply)

My Story As A Cult Member, Initiation Phase Included / Photo: Someone Butchered My Mom On The Head & Stabbed Her On The Neck In Ibadan / See Exotic Cars Everywhere JTF Asaids Unknown Gunmen Camp In Anambra (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.