Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? (49623 Views)

BBC Team Visits Olajumoke Orisaguna, Interviews Her At Home (photos,video) / Olajumoke Spotted Sharing Bread & Butter To People On The Street(pics,video) / Olajumoke, Her Husband & Manager, Victoria Nkong Step Out In Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
go and register with the witch association close to you before their next induction because its in you. #haterz
grin grin

grin grin grin

Painment grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
go and register with the witch association close to you before their next induction because its in you. #haterz
grin grin

I'll do so if you'll be the chairman grin

You see what I'm saying. Even this one couldn't answer the one million dollar question about why he's Even celebrating her.it doesn't Even know why it's celebrating her and the next thing is to start dishing rants. grin

I'm so ready for you if you want to go Down that road.be my guest grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by egobetatoday: 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
obasiken:
If I become the president of Nigeria, I will ban all beauty contest competitions and leave only one beauty pageant probably MBGN. Let ladies go and do more meaningful things other these vain and unproductive competitions.

well said. i will vote for u in 2019 .lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 10:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
egobetatoday:

well said. i will vote for u in 2019 .lol
exactly. I'll vote for him too.enough of beauty without substance.what Yoruba call ofutu fete, ofo ojokeji oja
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
SAMBARRY:
YEs I will keep RANTING because I have time this night and I have had enough of jumoke bull* infact it's becoming nauseating. No be unable type dey hype idris abdulkareem,Tony tetuilla singing thrash till they all faded into obscurity because all what they had to offer was thrash.jumokes own is worse because she doesn't even know ty is using her to gain more attention and hype and so when she has finished using her she'll dump her.ask Britney spears what happened when the media finished using her grin
Are you done?
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by veekbreezy(m): 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
A laptop and a bag WTF n she goes home wif a SUV and other goodies just for smiling rubbish... Real reason why we keep dillydallying for decades... 5.0 CGPA na nkwobi? All we think of is expediency instead of investing for the future...
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Are you done?
ask me again wink
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
You really think of yourself as a child and happy that at 18 you are brainless and silly? Good for you.

CaroLyner:
see mumu.am 18.you're the agbaya here.dimwit grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Read my post again and this time,carefully so you will see I agree with you.
SAMBARRY:
that's your cup of tea

Next jumoke irritant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by God2man(m): 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
We can change it.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by CaroLyner(f): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
peppyluv02:
You really think of yourself as a child and happy ? Good for you.

why are you modifing? your post is still as senseless as what you typed previously.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 12:18am On Feb 27, 2016
peppyluv02:
Read my post again and this time,carefully so you will see I agree with you.
no vex.na over annoyance dey worry me with this jumoke yhis jumoke that like kilode grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 27, 2016
petux:
Brain is more rewarding. d u know hw many pple qo don browse dose qirls internet b4 they get d fame.....derez ntin movitating me in diz olajumoke story. BTW, where is they BEAUTY??
I swear she no fine.

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by oribi(m): 1:52am On Feb 27, 2016
SAMBARRY:
if you must respond do so with intelligence. Learn to differentiate between hating and obvious truth.moreover the fact that I didn't say what you liked or don't agree with your line of thought doesn't make me a hater so please make use of your number 6 well

Then speaking of beauty I like the addage that says beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Even with enormous makeup she's not fine because she doesn't even have natural beauty in the first place So you can keep deceiving yourself and wallowing in delusions grin

i responded with intelligence but just realized no need responding further because she is already heading to the top either you like it or not...PEACE
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by alphaking(m): 2:21am On Feb 27, 2016
A lot of people are shouting this is Nigeria but can people list the best graduating student In Harvard but we can list the friends of the kardasians . It is not only in Nigeria that academic powess is celebrated above celebrity success.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 3:03am On Feb 27, 2016
oluwadanie1:
Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? By Ishola Kayode

In this era where there is an “unjust” pontification on Beauty over the brain, one needs to wonder a little the trends that preceded and made things turn that way.

Its a common thing to see people who made success in the fashion, entertainment, modelling and many other relevant industries that will be placed in the “beauty” category being giving more than enough kudos and attention.

The story of Bread seller turned model Olajumoke and most recently the first Unilag graduate to have hit the much coveted “perfect distinction” of 5.0. Their cases can be said to be a perfect and the most relevant example of the beauty and the brain.

When Olajumoke was discovered, her life took a total turn around. She got the most media attention. She got a new and fresh apartment, was reunited with her hobby, got an interview on CNN, became a motivational speaker, has featured in numerous photo shoots just to remain in the news…and a myriad of other motivations and rewards. Her benefactor,T.Y bello also featured in the show as many “Nigerians” kept showering praises on her…her act also prompted some celebrities to follow suit in turning around lives..

Yesterday, the University of Lagos unveiled their record setting graduate… Who hit the target by attaining a 5.0 CGPA. This guy failed to get less than an A in all his numerous courses throughout his undergraduate years. That’s a hell of achievement and as usual the media is reporting it but not like that of the Breadseller turned Model’s story..Why? That’s because Nigerians will become adamant and hypocritic judge instantly cause his success was not inspired by a notable celebrity. No T.Y Bello, Olamide, Don Jazzy, Lindaikeji in his story..Hmm, No interviews on CNN, so far it’s been just a mention on NTA. No photoshoots (Lolz..that may not be necessary though), No academic oriented firm or NGO is reporting or commending him “visibly” plus the fact that some folks are commonising this laudable feat and making dumb cracks with it..

Anyway, this is not the first time this beauty and the brain ratings is taking the space and as usual, we all know which will win..

Just that I feel if we want to develop as a nation, I mean if we wanna leave the stage of the developing nations to the developed ones..We need to reward and promote people with the brain. Not forgetting that if we fail to honour them, we are deterring hardworking and excellence in the Academic niche and its takes little time for the consequences to manifest in our Nation.

http://kaybaba.com/is-beauty-more-rewarding-than-the-brain-in-nigeria-olajumoke-and-unilags-5-0-graduate/
how are these brains making money? beauty sells. First Class not wanted in today's market (Nigeria market o)
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by westkays(m): 3:15am On Feb 27, 2016
Olajumoke's story is out of this world. If you're not happy about her success "iwo lo mo". BTW, who was the woman of the year in the US last year?
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 7:43am On Feb 27, 2016
oribi:

i responded with intelligence but just realized no need responding further because she is already heading to the top either you like it or not...PEACE
of course grin

Everyone can get to the top,even a rate but let's see how well she copes and maintains Stanford and how soon one Albanian comes around grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by FabioPeter: 8:00am On Feb 27, 2016
The choice is yours. If you feel selling bread or showbiz is likelier to yield success, choose that career path.
Had your parents made a mistake choosing education for you? Do well to correct with your kids.
Life is all about choice and consequence. Choose wisely.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:08am On Feb 27, 2016
we have lots of dumbskulls in the ministry of education. this anomally has been in existence since 1900. it beats the imagination of many that some stinking pu-ssies are rated high above academic pundits in our higher institutions. untill the chief dullard and his cohorts in the education ministry learn to appreciate academic excellence the likes of olajumoke will continue to be rated far above academic brilliancy.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by kengodson: 8:10am On Feb 27, 2016
See op, I am aware of all these comparisons,I doubt the student is aware of this, but this is Nigeria for crying out loud, yes I feel envious about olajumoke, but the more I feel dissatisfied just because she has all the praise of being a model, the more I feel distracted angry, focus on what you want to archive, your brain can take you further in life than you actually think, Bill gates comes to mind, even though he was a drop out. undecided
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by masqot(m): 9:13am On Feb 27, 2016
anonimi:

The problem with emphasising your quote is that many dumbo LAZY people will rely on it for doing NOTHING while waiting on those who work hard and/or STEAL from their government or private companies to dash them money, not so
Meanwhile, the message of Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Moslems) emphasised on WORKING hard with dedication so that God has something to bless.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3387272_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages944034101539392828963508174362134222353068n_jpeg9f14d18b22820e8aa84a71659b27ff28
I very much agree with you. Lazy Dump-Ass will not want to work. I've got this message for them. God will definitely bless your effort and you've got to try like this Olajumoke girl. Her little effort and prayer has just been answered. As for my genius guy from UniLag, excellence doesn't go unnoticed. Hid reward is coming soon.
Mark 4:26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; 4:27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
What explained what happened when the man slept is written in;
1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
Let's not forget that I'm not preaching here but just ruminating over what is happening in the lives of these two subjects of discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2016
How is her story out of this world? Well,you are right,it's a world especially country where stupidity is celebrated not Intelligence and creativity.The people you should try to emulate is TY and Tenie for giving her a chance of a better life.

westkays:
Olajumoke's story is out of this world. If you're not happy about her success "iwo lo mo". BTW, who was the woman of the year in the US last year?

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by arshad880(m): 9:44am On Feb 27, 2016
This girl no undecided fine for my face o, the only thing spectacular about this whole scenario was the transformation from a bread seller into a model, who can't model? Na just packaging modelling needs..... she was lucky though grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by 400billionman: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2016
umehmj:
one thing is certain though: when a girl, lady, woman has beauty without brains, the private part always suffer the most. *yawns....shuts down system and goes for a lunch break *

No comment
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by weebee(f): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
anonimi:

Why did you go to school, as I assume you went to school, right
Why did you not simply fold your arms from birth and wait for mercy ONLY to provide your needs?
Why?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/nhacbrv6ycsl85j7bhm0ytf8z0cllfsp1478740[/img]

And my point is even with phd a man who wl not make it won't and a sch cert holder wl even employ him. Without God we can do but nothing. That's my opinion and I'm entitle to it.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by weebee(f): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
SAMBARRY:
DON'T MIND HER.AFTER GRADUATING SHE FOR SIDDON FOR HOUSE AND SAY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL MY NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES AND GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS.THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO QUOTE SCRIPTURE WHEN IT IS CONVENIENT FOR THEM

Oga bikonu kindly move. Dats was my opinion and I'm entitle to it. I will rather do my bit and allow God crown it dan rely on my trengt and struggle hoping dats wot wl bring d huge success.

Withhout God me o, I can do nothing I don't know abt u.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by weebee(f): 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
peppyluv02:
And what does this have to do with celebrating stupidity or photo bombing people's photoshoot.

And what does your jelousy got to do with the lady's progress? You called her being favoured a celebration of stupidity? U can't even hide d fact dat despite ur struggle and degrees God has not picked ur calls but rather He chose to answer an illletrate.oga wait for your time. Pele.
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Henycymama(f): 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
petux:
Brain is more rewarding. d u know hw many pple qo don browse dose qirls internet b4 they get d fame.....derez ntin movitating me in diz olajumoke story. BTW, where is they BEAUTY??

Lolzz. Her beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by SAMBARRY: 6:18am On Feb 28, 2016
weebee:

Oga bikonu kindly move. Dats was my opinion and I'm entitle to it. I will rather do my bit and allow God crown it dan rely on my trengt and struggle hoping dats wot wl bring d huge success.

Withhout God me o, I can do nothing I don't know abt u.
ok
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jealous..lol...Of what? I don't wish to exchange my life for hers,,I have the best family,never tasted poverty and living my dreams. I am happy for her atleast she now have a chance of a better life.
Sorry,I have better people changing lives and making a difference which the people who helped her TY Bello and Tenie are included,I should aim to be like not a former bread seller even if she turns Naomi Campbell
Besides,you do not know me or what I do now...sorry,it's something you can never think of..I don't celebrate luck but creativity and intelligence and I don't have a problem with people like you celebrating her because that's your level of reasoning.
weebee:

And what does your jelousy got to do with the lady's progress? You called her being favoured a celebration of stupidity? U can't even hide d fact dat despite ur struggle and degrees God has not picked ur calls but rather He chose to answer an illletrate.oga wait for your time. Pele.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Tonto Dikeh And Her Mum, Any Form Of Resemblance? / Queen Nwokoye Dresses For August Meeting (photos) / Evelyn Eveva Sitali Dies At 29 (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.